Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 9:32 PM
Do You Volunteer?
As a Nerdfighter, it is my duty to decrease World-Suck, and to do that, I volunteer.
I'm going to guess (being positive here) that there are many others who volunteer, whether a Nerdfighter or not.
I want to know where you volunteer, what you do, and why. Volunteering is out of the good of your heart, so maybe you feel the need to help change something without making money.
I volunteer at Last Hope, an animal rescue. I love all animals (I'm kinda afraid of cats, but...).

Where do YOU volunteer, if you do?
Why do YOU volunteer?
What are YOU helping to make better?

Greetings From Nerdfighteria!
Helping to Decrease World Suck One Four Minute Video at a Time
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 10:04 PM
I volunteer some with my church, serving people at the soup kitchen. I also belong to a couple clubs at my school that do volunteer work (trash pick-up, blood drive, ringing the Salvation Army bells, etc). I volunteer because...I just want to help people, I guess. I'm just hoping to make some small part of the world better. Also, if you go to freerice.com, for every question you answer right (it's vocabulary), they'll donate rice to starving people. It's a kind of easy volunteer work, that requires no money and minimal effort from you. It's a great sense of community and togetherness when you volunteer to help someone.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com