Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 5:27 PM
Default Stained Glass Problem
I'm creating a window to match the other stained glass build objects in the game (Mata-door, Mags' Door, etc). This is my first object, so I'm just making a recolor of a Late Night object, Tear Stained Glass Window. As far as the glass, all I've had to do is change the image in the overlay file for each variation.

Here's the problem:

The window in every variation is too dark. Most of the glass images are lifted straight from the other objects, so I know the image colors are right. The .dds images side-by-side are the same. So it must be something in the file to make this window darker.

The window it's cloned from, Tear Stained Glass Window, does seem a little darker/cloudier than others, but it's hard to tell. Also, that window and my cloned window don't let in any light. So, could this have something to do with having vampires now?

I've looked through all the files (multipliers, specs, any image I could find) and I can't figure out what's different. And I can't figure out the more advanced code and settings.

So my question is, any advice on how to fix this? The windows look okay in use but obviously I want them to be perfect. Thanks!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 6:39 PM
That looks like a lighting issue. Those windows from LN don't appear to let light through, which I htink is causing the darkness. What you need to do will depend on what you have done to get your "recolor". What you want is to use the LITE resource from the base game doors in your new window clones or point the VPXY in your clone to the ones from the base game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
That looks like a lighting issue. Those windows from LN don't appear to let light through, which I htink is causing the darkness. What you need to do will depend on what you have done to get your "recolor". What you want is to use the LITE resource from the base game doors in your new window clones or point the VPXY in your clone to the ones from the base game.

Thanks! More learning to do I guess.