Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 11:50 PM Last edited by porkypine : 17th Nov 2011 at 4:54 AM.
Default Thanks Wes! for updating Unimesh bone tool for Pets! It works GREAT!
Waaaa! Wes! We need an update for the unimesh bone tool for Pets! I am unable to assign new bone assignments to my new horse bridles, saddles and collars! I can't even copy the existing ones and group select. It erases the original part's assignments. waaaaaaaaaaaaa!

me crying...

.... I guess I'll go work on some hairstyles in the meantime....

Oh! p.s. I have the latest S3oc, S3PE and TSRworkshop.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 4:00 AM
Unless you want to attach one of your .ms3d files that does not work, I cannot make any fixes, because I do not have Pets (or the latest s30c, S3PE or TSRW).

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 4:19 AM Last edited by porkypine : 14th Nov 2011 at 7:02 AM. Reason: adding mesh parts per request
My hero! Thanks! (HP.. go throw some lacy things at Wes.... lol...) I'll go pack up some pets things. I'll grab the dog and cat things too while I'm at it. Be back in a few....

Ok. Here are the horse parts. I'll get the dogs and cats in a day or so. It's late. I'm hitting the sack. :p
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  BraidedHorseMane.rar (151.1 KB, 27 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  hairy-horse-legs.rar (118.0 KB, 22 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  HorseBody.rar (440.3 KB, 35 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Horse-CollaredMedallion.rar (25.3 KB, 23 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  LongHorseTail.rar (50.2 KB, 22 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  UnicornHorn.rar (3.0 KB, 17 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  WesternBridle.rar (125.4 KB, 24 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  WesternSaddle.rar (18.5 KB, 21 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  FoalBodyGroups.rar (456.9 KB, 23 downloads) - View custom content
Alchemist
#4 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 10:14 PM
Well, I did not have to go through all of those to find the problem. It was because the number of joints has passed 128, and I still had some old code in there that was interpreting the joint index as a signed number (meaning 128 became -127).

Anyway, I did not update the whole UniMesh package, but I am attaching the BoneTool plug-in alone (4.09-W1) to this message.

It may be of some note that there is a Beta2 of MilkShape (here: http://www.milkshape3d.com/) in which Mete went through the whole of his code making sure that joint values between 128 and 254 were going to be handled properly. Joint 255 (the 256th one) is not valid as an index item, because it is reserved to indicate unassigned verts.

Anyway, I did not game test (no Pets) but I verified that weights are modified and can be reloaded and saved.

<* Wes *>
Attached files:
File Type: rar  BoneTool409W1.rar (30.4 KB, 90 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Updated UniMesh BoneTol for large joint-count meshes (Pets)

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 11:50 PM
Kewl! I'll try it tonight and let you know how it works. I'll also get the Beta2 version. Thank you for working on this so quickly. I appreciate it. :0)
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 12:00 AM
Works Like A Charm! Thanks Wes!
Alchemist
#7 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 12:05 AM
As all the young dudes and dudettes say "no problem".

No lacy things were damaged in the production of this bug fix.

<* Wes *>

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WesHowe
As all the young dudes and dudettes say "no problem".

No lacy things were damaged in the production of this bug fix.

<* Wes *>

HP didn't toss the more fragile variety then...

There are other people who are working on some horse mesh parts and may not see this fix. Did you just want to wait for Milkshape 3D 1.8.5 Beta 2 or publish this fix along with your other unimesh downloads so I can link to it from the wiki so others might more easily stumble across it? This thread will go down a couple of pages pretty soon and will get lost.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 1:02 PM
Thank you for this quick work, Wes! Of course I'll use and test it.
hexameter
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#10 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 1:09 PM
Ohhh, awesome! Thank you so much, Wes! :D
Alchemist
#11 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
Did you just want to wait for Milkshape 3D 1.8.5 Beta 2 or publish this fix along with your other unimesh downloads so I can link to it from the wiki so others might more easily stumble across it?

I have a couple of reliable reports now. I will just add it to the UniMesh message #1 posting soon. UniMesh has done well for bugs... it is about 4 years since it was last updated.

<* Wes *>