Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 12:45 AM
Becoming a Genie?
I was wondering, is it possible to become a Genie? Or is there a mod which allows a Sim to become one?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 12:47 AM
You can either be born of a freed genie or use MC to become a genie.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by van Dorn
You can either be born of a freed genie or use MC to become a genie.

Excuse me, what is the MC?
Instructor
#4 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 12:56 AM
Twallanian Master Controller--a mod. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 1:02 AM
Hm okay, and where's the Genie mod/cheat?
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#6 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 1:09 AM
I think it's under Intermediate, but look for "Occult", then you will have a choice of what occult state to turn that sim into. Be warned, when you turn into a Genie, you will get the Default Genie "look" that is, blue skin, the outfit, etc. To keep your sim looking the same, First, use the mirror or dresser to go into CAS, and save your sim into the bin. Then turn them into a genie. Once they are turned, edit the genie in CAS, and choose your Sim from the bin. That way they will have all the genie powers, but will keep their Looks.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 2:28 PM
Okay i got the Master Controller now, but if i try to change a sim into a genie, it says the sim doesn't have the right properties.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
I think it's under Intermediate, but look for "Occult", then you will have a choice of what occult state to turn that sim into. Be warned, when you turn into a Genie, you will get the Default Genie "look" that is, blue skin, the outfit, etc. To keep your sim looking the same, First, use the mirror or dresser to go into CAS, and save your sim into the bin. Then turn them into a genie. Once they are turned, edit the genie in CAS, and choose your Sim from the bin. That way they will have all the genie powers, but will keep their Looks.
Actually what I found is that you won't have to edit them in CAS. The genie "look", including skin colour and pudding face #1 genetics are only added to a Sim as a new everyday outfit. Just have them change back to their initial everyday and they're back to normal.

And to OP: You'll need the additional MasterController Cheats module or DebugEnabler, which also has the function to add Occult status to a Sim.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 8:48 PM
Okay i made a few sims into genies, but somehow their abilities vary with each one. Can you use more than two spells? And after your sim became a genie, can he or she get into a lamp?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 9:03 PM
Hm, let's see: there's
1) Make Home Spotless and Sparkly
2) Magically Clean Sim
3) Ensorcel Sim
4) Banish Sim
5) Summon Food

What spells are you missing? All adult Genies should have them.

And no, they cannot go back into a lamp.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#11 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 9:06 PM
the spells that are listed depend on what you are clicking on. If you click on your sim, for example, he will have the options to Summon Food, or Magically Clean themselves. If you click on another Sim, you can Clean Them, Ensorcel Them, etc. And Clicking on the floor brings the option to magically clean the house. But playable Genies are considered "free" from the lamp, so they can't re-enter it.