Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2023 at 12:01 PM
Default Would anyone value up-to-date hair creation tutorials?
I'm curious to know if there are still users interested in creating or otherwise editing hairs who are new to it and struggling to piece together information on the process.
The biggest bane to me coming into TS3 creation was how scattered information can be, across MTS and Tumblr and YouTube videos- not to mention how many valuable pieces of knowledge are lost in individual comments on posts that search engines don't pick from. There are even some topics (HAT HAIR) that don't have dedicated tutorials anywhere.

I'm unfortunately too shy to share my own creations. Yet I have poured dozens of hours into learning more efficient ways to do things than is in popular circulation and I enjoy documenting such things. Hair and hat-hair creation has an unnecessary learning curve and an incredible amount of bad habits stitched into certain tutorials.

I could provide modern tutorials on
  • Creating hairs and hat hairs with TSRW completely eliminated from the process and minimal Milkshape.
  • Creating fully functional default replacement hair- with no visual errors on premades, no broken file structure.
  • Easy hand-made morphs.
  • How to make or remake hairs to a higher standard of quality. This includes converting meshes from any source and making age/gender conversions.
  • Quick and intuitive retexturing of every file (Diffuse, Specular, Control, and Normal Map)
  • Custom shine / wet-look hair tricks.
I'm devoted to making CC of official quality and functionality- all LODs, all morphs, correct age-up connections, appropriate polycount, and absolutely no broken reference chains. It took a long time to get through all the conflicting info out there, but making things with the right workflow is far easier than it has ever been.
The only thing is... I've noticed a lot of creators migrated to Simblr and CAS content is published there far more than MTS. I don't know if the people that would benefit from this information come here anymore. Many people also prefer video instructions (I personally cannot sit through unedited CC creation videos that leave in minutes of loading and TSRW crashing, but each to their own).

I will be making a lot of brevity edits to my existing tutorial soon as well as adding many new resources. I also have a geostates tutorial planned.
But at the end of the day, I work with hair the most and would not mind providing these other topics if there is still demand for it. Feel free to ask if that interests you.

PS. From one long-time ghost user to any others who dislike commenting, just marking the post with 'agree' is enough for me to know there is interest Take care.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th May 2023 at 1:58 AM
I would be so grateful for this - learning to make even just basically functional hair is *such* a struggle.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 19th May 2023 at 3:16 AM
I too would appreciate this. As later down the road I would like to attempt making hairs myself.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th May 2023 at 12:53 AM
Good to know, thank you. I'll start putting together one on general creation and go from there