Alternate Decoration Boxes
Updated: 3rd Aug 2022 at 9:30 PM - French translation
I never really liked having the Seasons decorations box hanging around my houses, I didn't like having these plastic tubs stacked in the corner somewhere. Especially playing mostly in old style houses, it just didn't look right.
So I added the decoration box functionality to some other items. A barrel, chest, and present pile.
Only the present pile opens up, the other 2 may look strange as your sim plunges their hands straight through the lids.
These items made sense to me to use as alternatives, I also added bows and ribbons to them to make it a bit more festive
The presents have 3 swatches, the barrel has 5, and the chest has 40
This is NOT a replacer, it will add 3 new objects
All 3 can be found in the same place as the original
Activities and Skills > Outdoor Activities
all 3 cost §100
[LOD 0] • Closed = 561 • Open = 661 • Shadow Closed = 338 • Shadow Open = 296
[LOD 1] • Closed = 304 • Open = 397 • Shadow Closed = 160 • Shadow Open = 136
• LOD 0 = 266 • Shadow 0 = 204
• LOD 1 = 266 • Shadow 1 = 204
• LOD 2 = 266 • Shadow 2 = 204
• LOD 0 = 1354 • Shadow 0 = 600
• LOD 1 = 1160 • Shadow 1 = 436
Sims 4 Studio
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
This mod has specific instructions!*French translation requires main (English) version*
"Original obligatoire pour la trad" - Arzaz
Alternate Decoration Boxes FR By Arzaz.rar
| [FR] French translation by Arzaz. Main (English) file required! [Original obligatoire pour la trad - Arzaz]
Size: 1.2 KB · Downloads: 603 · 3rd May 2020
|1.2 KB||603||3rd May 2020|
Alternate Decoration Boxes.zip
Size: 5.93 MB · Downloads: 3,306 · 30th Apr 2020
|5.93 MB||3,306||30th Apr 2020|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
Need more information?
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
For a full list of packs with names, see the Packs Needed popup.
About me/my creations/permissions
Another way you can support me is by downloading my creations from Nexus Mods. I can earn donation points for each unique download on my items.
Other places you can find my creations:
- Nexus Mods (Username: TeknikahMods)
- Sims 4 Studio (Username: Teknikah)
- The Sims Resource (Username: Teknikah) (I have requested deletion of all of my creations from here)
- CurseForge (Username: Teknikah)
All of my creations will be uploaded here on MTS, other sites listed previously might not have all of them and may not be kept updated.
You MAY NOT upload/share my creations to any paid sites or anything of the sort (ad.fly, paid mods, etc)
Using and sharing my creations:
- You can use, and share a link to any of my creations anywhere you like, just as long as you don't try and pass it off as your own, or if it will cost/earn money (as mentioned above)
- You MAY NOT upload/re-upload my creations anywhere, unless it is a translation file.
- Credits: If you include my creations in your lots/sims/etc credits are not required, but are always appreciated. If you upload a translation, please do credit.
Recolouring and altering my creations:
- If you want something altered/recoloured you can leave a comment and suggest your idea, I will try to honour all of these requests. I apologise in advance if I somehow miss a request and don't see it. If you request something and it's been a while since you posted with no reply, don't worry about asking again :) (I will accept private messages)
- Feel free to recolour and alter anything I share, but please credit and link to the original item if you do this.
Translating my creations:
- Feel free to translate any of my creations. Could I please ask that you send the translation file to me? Just so I can upload it to the original page and keep everything together. If you do not wish to send it to me, that's okay, just please send me links/etc so I can credit you properly and direct users to the translation file.
- If you could also provide some information in the target language please? Just so I can provide a correct translation on the page explaining what translation it is, who translated it, and what the user needs to do/etc. Example: "French Translation by TRANSLATOR, requires original file."