Doctors Need Degrees
Updated: 22nd May 2022 at 4:59 AM
In the real world, it is not possible to be a doctor, a teacher, a scientist, or a lawyer without a degree. While the lowest levels of the career are something that anyone can do, very quickly you would find that the next job up is only available with the right qualifications.
Other careers, however, don't need to be so strict. Why would criminals or gamers care what sort of education you've had? And why do you need a degree to get any job in Paranormal?
If you've ever been bothered by this in your sims 2 games, this mod is for you!
How it works:
Sims are divided into five categories depending on their education:
- Graduated sims have graduated university
- Diploma sims attended university and reached at least their Junior year before dropping out or being expelled.
- High School C sims achieved at least a C at high school but either never went to university or dropped out early (or were created in CAS)
- High School D sims achieved between D- and C- at high school.
- High School F sims failed high school.
Careers are divided into four different categories. Within each career category, there is a different maximum level for each type of sim, as well as a different chance of being promoted past that point.
Careers that require a degree:
Careers: Medicine, Science, Natural Science, Law, Education
Limits: Graduated = 10, Diploma = 5, High School C = 3, High School D = 1 and High School F = 1.
Chance of passing limit: None whatsoever. Sorry sims.
Careers that a degree is very useful:
Careers: Business, Law Enforcement, Military, Show Business, Journalism, Architecture, Intelligence, Oceanography
Limits: Graduated = 10, Diploma = 7, High School C = 5, High School D = 3, High School F = 1.
Chance of passing limit: 10% per attempt (so it's possible, but unlikely).
Careers that a diploma is useful:
Careers: Athletics, Culinary, Politics, Slacker, Artist, Paranormal, Music, Entertainment, Dance
Limits: Graduated = 10, Diploma = 10, High School C = 7, High School D = 5, High School F = 3
Chance of passing limit: 25% per attempt (so while promotions are slower, they do happen)
Careers that do not care about your education:
Careers: Criminal, Adventurer, Gamer
Limits: All sims = 10
When a promotion comes up in a chance card, this mod runs the same checks as it would for any other promotion, and so the promotion may not happen. In that case, you will still get the promotion bonus (as otherwise you wouldn't get anything for a successful chance card pick).
Version 1.1: Custom careers now default to the Careers that a diploma is useful[\i] category, so redownload if you have a custom career. Instructions for adding custom careers to other categories are also available.
[i]Version 1.2: Fixed an issue with the wrong messages appearing when a sim owns their own car. Fixed an issue with the wrong amounts of money given/removed for chance cards at high levels (I hope).
Cyjon's Edukashun iz Gud (this is an expanded version)
Pescado's harderjobs (if this loads last, it will work without the job limits)
Anything that mods the bhavs "Qualify for level" or "Chance card - results"
Cyjon, whose [i]Edukashun iz Gud[\i] was the base for this mod, and whose code I have shamelessly used thanks to their generous 'don't reinvent the wheel' policy.
All the makers of SimPE, without which this mod would never have made any progress.
Title: SimCity Times
Description: There is an opening in the $Object career track as a $JobTitle:5:0. Hours: $TimeLocal:3 to $TimeLocal:4 Days: $DayFlags:6 Pay: $$Local:2 a day. Does $Me want this job?
Custom Content Required!
The following custom content is required for this download to function properly! Please make sure you download it before downloading the files!
Size: 34.9 KB · Downloads: 475 · 22nd May 2022
|34.9 KB||475||22nd May 2022|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.