Decor with a Purpose: Functional Sunblock
Updated: 16th May 2022 at 2:12 PM
Now you don't need to already be sunbathing to apply sunblock! Using this object applies the same Island Living sunblock buff that prevents sunburn. They can even use it from their inventory!
This is an override of an Island Living item given a custom variation of the Apply Sun Protection interaction. It shouldn't conflict with anything unless you have something else that happens to modify this object specifically. In any case, please let me know if you have any problems with it.
- Reworked the animation and animation addon setup. Hopefully the main animation works for everyone, but if it doesn't you should grab the AnimationFallback addon. Then please reach out to me to help me figure out the expansion requirements for sure (animations are annoying).
- Added an addon that gives sims the sunblock face paint while the buff is active. This doesn't actually require my mod, just IL for the sunblock buff.
- Brand new search functionality! I'm slowly adding hidden tags to my objects so you can find them by searching for "Ilex" (that's an uppercase i at the beginning if you can't tell). In English you can also search for "Sunscreen" and have this come up (honestly just because I always call it that and end up typing that instead of "Sunblock")
- Make sure you delete any old version of the addons because they won't get overwritten.
Compatibility & Integration:
- flerb's Automatic Sunburns seems to also use the default sunblock buff so this should work with it. Let me know if it doesn't.
- This is not compatible with Kuttoe's Basic Burns because they override the same object. If you want the additional functionality you should use that one instead.
- andiberlin has added this item as an addon to their Purchase Medicine Overhaul Mod and Purchasing System Overhaul Mod. The latest versions are available on their Patreon.
- The HighMaintSunblock addon requires Spa Day. This addon overrides some tuning for the sunblock buff to interact with the High Maintenance Hates Sun buff. With the addon sims with sunblock on won't get the Hate Sun buff and sims with the buff can get rid of it by applying sunblock either from my object or from towels and chairs with the interaction. It's not required for this mod to work and it doesn't actually require the main mod. However, it still requires Island Living as well as Spa Day.
- The SunblockEffect addon gives sims the sunblock face paint while the buff is active. This doesn't actually require the main mod, just Island Living for the sunblock buff but it will conflict with other mods that modify this.
- The AnimationFallback addon is just there in case the main mod animation isn't working for you. Try the main mod first and if the animation doesn't work you should come back and grab the addon. Then please reach out to me to help me figure out the expansion requirements for sure (animations are annoying).
- NixCorvus - testing
Object Mods: Object Interaction Mods (things that change how sims interact with objects or their environment, like "Multi-owner door" or "sunbathe anywhere")
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
This mod has specific instructions!When including addons please make sure all files are in the same folder and don't rename them. If you do I can't promise that it will override properly.
Size: 1.3 KB · Downloads: 1,942 · 1st Feb 2022
|1.3 KB||1,942||1st Feb 2022|
Size: 1.5 KB · Downloads: 1,651 · 1st Feb 2022
|1.5 KB||1,651||1st Feb 2022|
Size: 82.3 KB · Downloads: 4,130 · 1st Feb 2022
|82.3 KB||4,130||1st Feb 2022|
| This is an optional addon that provides integration between sunblock and Spa Day's High Maintenance trait.
Size: 1.7 KB · Downloads: 2,737 · 17th Dec 2021
|1.7 KB||2,737||17th Dec 2021|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use(Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
- Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
- If you're an object creator and want to use any of my tuning you totally can. Just link people to my stuff to download it (rather than including it in your download) and send me a link to your work if you want me to share it.
- Don't upload my content anywhere without asking me. I may give permission to my translators to share my mods where they'll be more accessible to non-English speaking players.
I have a Patreon if you want to donate and support me, but none of my functionality mods are locked behind a paywall.
If you want to test my mods in early access, become a translator, or just join my little community you can join my Discord server. The server is also typically the best way to get in touch with me if you have a question or problem.