Open Me Window Fixed + 2 new tall windows
Uploaded 3rd Nov 2005 at 9:34 PM · Updated 25th Mar 2006 at 7:33 PM by windkeeper
Maxis 2-tile Open Me Window that comes with Nightlife has a glitch, it doesn't allow the light in. To work around that problem I created a clone window that looks exactly the same but works properly. It comes in two files: straight and diagonal window. To make this set more interesting I've also added two matching tall windows. All of the windows will work on diagonal walls. They use Maxis colors of Open Me Window and will also pick up any custom recolor you might have in your game. All of the files included are new meshes. You need to have Nightlife EP for this set to work.
wind_openme2tilewindowtall - 2-tile tall window, 1448 polygons;
wind_openmewindowfix - fixed 2-tile Maxis window, 1240 polygons;
wind_openmewindowtall - 2-tile tall window, 872 polygons;
I ask you not to upload these meshes to any other site, but you can link to this thread if needed. You are welcome to use these windows in uploaded lots here at MTS2 or at TSR.
Do not try to recolor these windows, they use repository technique - they pull all the colors from Maxis window. So you need to recolor Maxis original Open Me Window, these new windows will pick up that recolor automatically .
*Update 11/15* Added stone recolor for windows, as requested in one of the replies.
For more windows by me visit my TSR page
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||wind_openme2tilewindowtall.package (inside wind_openme2tilewindowtall.rar)|
|Title||OpenMe 2-tile Window Tall|
|Description||By Windkeeper, sims2.thesimsresource.com Do not clone, recolor, re-distribute without permission. Polygons: 1448|
|Filename||wind_openmewindowfix.package (inside wind_openmewindowfix.rar)|
|Title||OpenMe Window Wide Fixed|
|Description||Fixed to let the lights in. By Windkeeper, sims2.thesimsresource.com Do not clone, recolor, re-distribute without permission. Polygons: 1240|
|Filename||wind_openmewindowtall.package (inside wind_openmewindowtall.rar)|
|Title||OpenMe Window Tall|
|Description||By Windkeeper, sims2.thesimsresource.com Do not clone, recolor, re-distribute without permission. Polygons: 872|
Size: 41.9 KB · Downloads: 17,534 · 15th Nov 2005
|41.9 KB||17,534||15th Nov 2005|
Size: 30.6 KB · Downloads: 19,773 · 3rd Nov 2005
|30.6 KB||19,773||3rd Nov 2005|
Size: 46.7 KB · Downloads: 19,362 · 3rd Nov 2005
|46.7 KB||19,362||3rd Nov 2005|
Size: 41.6 KB · Downloads: 20,590 · 3rd Nov 2005
|41.6 KB||20,590||3rd Nov 2005|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.