MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
Testers Wanted: Vampire Coffin Mod (Updated 3/19/2007)
by syberspunk Posted 6th Jan 2006 at 2:52 AM - Updated 20th Mar 2007 at 4:26 AM by syberspunk : Minor update to allow vampires to user-directed access for coffins
364 Thanks Thanks 42 Favourited
Vampire Coffin Mod v1.15 for TS2GLS v1.0p0
Made by: syberspunk
This mod was originally inspired by XPTL297's Coffin4VampiresOnly mod found at VS. I wanted similar functionality, and I was determined to find out why there were problems with the option showing up for other sims. I'm fairly certain I found the issue (see Compatibility below for further details). In anycase, this mod is different in that it features the following:
- Autonomy for Sleeping in the coffin is restricted to resident Vampires Only (i.e. Vampires who live on the current lot)
- Visiting Vampires who are invited to spend the night may still use the coffin
- The user can still direct non-vamped sims to sleep in the coffin if they wish.
- There are two additional options: Sleep (which allows you to direct your sim to sleep in the coffin regardless of what outfit they are wearing i.e. they won't change into PJs or Underwear) and Sleep Naked (which allows you to duh! ).
- There is now a 20% random chance of death via the Peek interaction.
Original requirements still remain (at least 4 motives must be in the red, and one of them must not be bladder - if bladder is in the red, the sim will piss themselves instead)
- Vampires will no longer be creeped out. They should just shrug instead.
- Knowledge sims will no longer be creeped out. They should approve instead.
- Best Friends who are NOT Knowledge sims or Vampires will watch distressed, while all other sims should worry in general.
- If the sleeping Vampire in the Coffin scares the Peeker, and the Peeker is a Vampire or Best Friend, they will react differently based on personality.
- If the sim is playful, they will get a relationship boost, otherwise they will react negatively and take a relationship hit.
- The sleeping Vampire will always take a relationship hit, because they are sleeping! Why would you want to disturb a sleeping vampire?
- If the Peeker is a Best Friend, the relationship hit should be smaller.
- If the Peeker is not a best friend, they will most likely sob and will always take a relationship hit.
- Includes Bug Fix from J.M. Pescado's vampirefixes Critical bug fix (See below for more details).
This is a global mod that affects all Coffins.
Minor updates for OFB version. Also available, compatible version for use with twojeffs Smart Beds hack in testing. Subject to change should further updates be needed. Make sure this loads last after twojeffs' mod.
Note: Instructions for changing the the % random chance of death will be included in a README.
This MUST be in your Downloads folder, typically found under:
C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Downloads
:busted: Note: YOU MUST DELETE THE PREVIOUS VERSION! THIS VERSION WILL NOT OVERWRITE THE PREVIOUS EXISTING ONE!!!
Obviously this only affects you if you have an older version.
Nightlife ONLY, tested and approved. Feedback appreciated! Please let me know if sims do not behave as expected.
This hack is NOT compatible with XPTL297's original Vampire Only mod. Since that is what I based it on, but decided to change much of the functionality. His mod completely disables the Sleep interaction for non-vamps.
This hack may have a minor conflict with Crammyboy's nudist hack. It is this conflict with XPTL297's Coffin4VampiresOnly mod that was causing the error where the option will still show up for certain sims. If you use Crammyboy's nudist hack, to prevent any potential conflicts, you should rename your hacks so that this one loads last (Hacks load in alphabetical order - a first to z last).
This hack has a minor conflict with J.M. Pescado's vampirefixes Critical bug fix. This mod has been updated to include the critical fix (see Version History below) and has been renamed so that it will load after, and thus override J.M. Pescado's fix. If you use J.M. Pescado's vampirefixes (which I highly recommend that you do ), then this hack Must load after, otherwise you may experience unexpected behaviour (most likely, you will only lose the ability to Sleep in any outfit).
I have tested this in my game and it appears to work fine.
This hack is compatible with most, if not all mods by MATY crew (Pescado, TJ, and CBoy), dizzy, and probably more. Again, up to you to help me determine any possible conflicts.
- J.M. Pescado's Sleep Clock - Version 3.3 now handles Vampires!
- DJS Sims Smart Coffin - Permits Vamps to "sleep through the night" (or day actually :D).
- Monique's Vamp Sleep Caller - Autonomously call vamps to sleep in coffin during the day.
- J.M. Pescado's vampirefixes - Includes several [color=DarkOrange]Critical[/color] fixes regarding vampires.
REMINDER and fine print (to cover my ass ) :
Remember to ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR DATA BEFORE INSTALLING NEW HACKS. By using this hack, you agree to absolve me of any responsibility or liability for any potential loss of or damage to your data. You have been warned.
HOW TO REPORT: Conflicts, problems, or errors
I would appreciate any constructive criticism and feedback that is actually helpful. With that in mind, it would be helpful, when reporting any conflicts or issues, that you include the following:
1) thorough but reasonably brief description of what you were doing
2) clear, comprehendible explanation of your problem
3) list of hacks that may be related vampires or coffins
4) archived (.rar or .zip) of log produced by error
Posts which do not include a clear description of what your problem is will be pretty much ignored. (i.e. posts such as "This does not work! I am taking it out! You suck! Nice try! etc.") I can't and won't help you if you don't explain what's wrong.
Please be nice when trying to explain your problem and I might be nice and help you.
:grouphug: Finally, my Thank Yous go to:
XPTL297 for inspiration and his original mod. J.M. Pescado, twojeffs, dizzy2, and jase439 for being excellent tutors and providing excellent models in their mods. As always, thanks to those creators who've put out some excellent modding tutorials, Quaxi and co for SimPE, and dizzy2 for disaSim2, and the finally letters T and S, and the number 2, all of whom, without which this mod would not be possible.
If I left anyone out, I apologize in advance. You know who you are and you deserve my thanks.
There is a minor issue with the get Creeped out animation for Vampires and Knowledge sims. The coffin will open after they walk over to the side. If I ever figure out how to properly do animations and sync them, I may fix this in the future. But for now, I'm too lazy to dig deeper into this. I feel that this minor enough to overlook. :P
v1.10 - Includes Bug Fix from J.M. Pescado's vampirefixes that "... eliminates newly discovered potential 'vampire killer' that can result in the death of sleeping vampires if they were last seen fleeing from the sun at some community lot." Forcibly resets motives back to sleeping-decay rates.
v1.11 - Fixed bug involving test for Knowledge Aspiration
v1.12 - Updated for OFB - only OFB users should use new version (adds some Servo checks and other minor code changes)
Note: Community Lot use enabled
v1.13 - Minor tweaks to OFB version. Sleepable on community lots with businesses only if business is open.
v1.14 - Compatible version for use with twojeffs' Smart Beds.
v1.15 - Minor update to allow vampires to user-directed access for coffins
More options for sleeping in the coffin:
A fellow vampire doesn't get creeped out:
A playful sim who is best friends will get scared, but find it fun AND funny! :haha:
Size: 6.2 KB · Downloads: 4,323 · 25th Jan 2006
OFB - vampirecoffinmod.zip
Size: 7.1 KB · Downloads: 3,570 · 7th Mar 2006
OFB - vampirecoffinmod plus Smart Beds.zip
Size: 7.1 KB · Downloads: 3,203 · 15th Oct 2006
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
39 Comments / replies (Who?)