Updated: 9th Feb 2009 at 12:44 PM
These are not actual objects but rather tools to help you improve the look of your lots.
I've always hated the visible edges on floor tiles, especially when creating a swimable surface in ponds, so I began to investigate the possibilities to mod the floor tiles.
After a long time I gave up on the floor tiles and began to experiment with object bhavs in the hope that it could solve my problem - And it did :D
My experiments led in other directions too and suddenly I also had an object which could hide the pond water surface!
Allthough these are base game objects they will however require at least Nightlife or a later EP in order to have 100% functionality because of special BHAV instructions!
The end result is this upload called Triple Magic, well instead of me babbling away I'll explain these 3 tools for you...
This object will hide any floor tile including their edges, sims will still be able to walk on them, however there's no 'walk to' -option when you click on them.
Once you delete them the hidden floor tiles will be visible again.
This is great for creating invisible bridges or whatever you desire, but mainly I created it to hide the floor tile edges in swimable ponds.
I won't go into details on how swimable ponds can be made, but here's a few links to tutorials about it:
Tutorial: Making real lakes swimmable by JustTheBast
Easy swimmable real lake -Tutorial- By patul
Pond Surface Remover
This object will hide the water surface in ponds, however it does require a flat pond bottom because hiding the surface also hides the bottom, so I had to create an illusion of pond bottom where it's placed.
Yhese can be a bit tricky to place especially under column decks, so place these first then drag the column decks by holding CTRL key down(just as when deleting, do not move the mouse, release the CTRL key and left click, your column deck should now appear.
Once deleted the ponds surface & bottom will re-appear again.
For those who have Seasons installed - Please remember that the fish do not know that the water surface has gone, they will swim right through the area!
Floor Tile Remover
This last one is meant to permanently remove floor tiles, especially those which are har to get rid off.
It can remove the floor tiles on foundations, column decks etc.
Place 1 and move it to a new location to remove floor tiles!
That's about it, I hope you'll enjoy these small magical tools(objects).
Oh and btw for those who want to see what can be achieved with these tools, take a look at this lot which demonstrates the use of 2 of these techniques:
Blue Water Camping
Create recolors & upload them, but remember to link to this mesh!
Use it in a house & upload your house to any site as long this object is a part of your lot!
Created by Frillen - October 2007 especially for the following sites:
Frillen-InvisibleTile.package: Invisible Tile - 2 Polys
Frillen-PondSurfaceRemover.package: Pond Surface Remover - 10 Polys
Frillen-FloorTileRemover.package: Floor Tile Remover - 24 Polys
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||Frillen-InvisibleTile.package (inside Frillen-InvisibleTile.zip)|
|Description||This tile object will hide any floor tile, but sims will still be able to use it as a floor tile. However there's no walk to option on them. This is especially useful for creating fake swimming surface in for example ponds and you don't like the visible edges that floor tiles leave, or to create invisible walkways. When deleted the underlying floor tile will be visible again. Created by Frillen - October 2007 especially for the following sites: http://www.sims2you.dk http://modthesims2.com|
|Filename||Frillen-PondSurfaceRemover.package (inside Frillen-PondSurfaceRemover.zip)|
|Title||Pond Surface Remover|
|Description||This tile is designed to hide the surface of ponds. Removing this tile again will bring back the surface of the pond. It's very useful when creating floors that are lower than the surface in ponds and you don't want it to look flooded. Actually it doesn't just remove the surface of a pond, but also the bottom, a texture will simulate the bottom of a pond where it's placed. LIMITATIONS: It requires the bottom of the pond to be flat. Created by Frillen - October 2007 especially for the following sites: http://www.sims2you.dk http://modthesims2.com|
|Filename||Frillen-FloorTileRemover.package (inside Frillen-FloorTileRemover.zip)|
|Title||Floor Tile Remover|
|Description||This is a tool which can remove floor tiles from for example foundations. It's especially useful in lots where automatically created floor tiles aren't wanted. To use it just place it on the floor tile you want removed, delete it or move it to another floor tile you want to remove. LIMITATIONS: It cannot remove floor tiles created by doors unless they're placed on a foundation. Created by Frillen - October 2007 especially for the following sites: http://www.sims2you.dk http://modthesims2.com|
Size: 2.9 KB · Downloads: 5,416 · 22nd Oct 2007
|2.9 KB||5,416||22nd Oct 2007|
Size: 28.8 KB · Downloads: 5,270 · 22nd Oct 2007
|28.8 KB||5,270||22nd Oct 2007|
Size: 2.6 KB · Downloads: 7,842 · 22nd Oct 2007
|2.6 KB||7,842||22nd Oct 2007|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
- Create and upload recolors of all my objects to any site you desire as long you link back to my mesh!
- Use any of my custom objects in an uploaded house on any site you desire as long it's a part of a creation and not just a lot with focus on the objects only!
- Do not upload a clone of my objects for the purpose of remodelling my mesh unless permission is given by me!
- Fences created by me may be cloned in order to create recolors since this is the only way, but do not edit the mesh!
- Allthough credits are nice, you don't really have to because I've implemented a copyright notice in all my custom objects!
- I rarely do requests, so don't expect that I'll be doing them, however suggestions, ideas etc. are always welcome!
- Do not PM me with general questions which could easily be answered in the forum!
Questions about my creations, problems etc. will off course be answered!