Manoir Creux de Mur (Hollow Wall Manor) - Medieval Challenge 2010
Uploaded 16th Apr 2010 at 10:06 PM · Updated 24th Jun 2016 at 1:01 PM by KittyRobbie : how could I forget the awesomeness of plasticbox?? added Simple Kitchen info and link; also fixed wrong link info for EsmeraldaF's Medieval Loveseat; fixed dead link bc it's been 6 yrs yo
Here's my entry for the Medieval Challenge, never built anything like this before! Exterior photos of the Manoir du Plessis Josso were my jumping off point, and I tried to keep to the basic layout of the buildings because I thought it looked nice and Medieval-y. When it came to the interior, I found some useful information on the Medieval Life and Times page about manor houses, and went from there.
This is called Manoir Creux de Mur (Hollow Wall Manor) because I felt bad leaving all the dead space in between the supposedly 3 feet thick stone walls of the manor inaccessible, so I've used doors and stairs to make them usable "secret passageways" for your Sims... or your Sims servants more likely... "You mean I can get from my poorly appointed chamber to the stable to muck it out, without even going outside?! Thank you my Lord!"
- Great Hall Dining Room and Sitting Room, for all your medieval plotting needs.
- Huge Kitchen for roasting whole oxen.
- Buttery with all the mead and ale you could ever slosh down your front.
- Pantry for your perishables before they spoil and you give them to your servants to throw at the Royals.
- Servants' Solar (living and sleeping quarters), so they don't throw the rotten fruit and veg at you.
- Watch Tower and Crenelated Ramparts to espy and keep out the angry hoards.
- Private Solar for you and your family, because really, it's tough being the Lord of the Manor, and you deserve some peace.
- Garderobe so you don't smell like the stable.
- And chamber pots for all!
Hope you like it! I definitely had fun building it!
Lot Size: 4x4
Lot Price: §156,653/§115,869
The following people and things are way awesome:
Simple Kitchen – Counters, Islands, Cabinets by plasticbox http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=393576
Sims 2 Medieval Loveseat Conversion by EsmeraldaF http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=398886
Medieval Living Room Set - Sims 2 Conversion by EsmeraldaF http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=396772
Medieval Dining Table and Chairs - Sims 2 Conversion by EsmeraldaF http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=396642
The Fourth Element For Sims 3 by joninmobile http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=395866
Medieval double and single beds from the Sims 2 by TheJim07 http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=397467
Royal Goblet and Peasant Bowls meshes by -Maylin- http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=397404
Number of bedrooms:
Custom Content Included:
Build and Buy Mode Content: Furniture, decorations, etc.
Fixtures Only: Lot is furnished how one would expect a real life unfurnished house or apartment to be
Fully Furnished: Lot is completely decked out in furnishings
Title: Lord of the Manor House
Description: Chamber pots and secret passages galore!
Hollow Wall Manor.rar
Size: 2.27 MB · Downloads: 2,038 · 16th Apr 2010
|2.27 MB||2,038||16th Apr 2010|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!