Fences with skirt for wood decks
This is not any genial solution, but at least make it possible to use the wood deck with invisible floor edges better.
There are two types of fences in the package: the Vektra Column Fence, that is the one that supports upper floors, and the very simple wood fence. I added a skirt on both that covers the gap. 5 color clones for the Vektra and 4 color clones for the simple wood fence. It is all I need at least.
Located in Fences, they will appear at the side of the originals (5,00 and 140,00). You need at least one EP to make the Vektra fence to appear in your game. The other is Base Game.
These fences are specifically to be used with the wood deck AND if you use Moochi/Mootilda invisible floor edge. Using them directly on the ground would have no effect, because the skirt would sink on the ground. The same if using on upper floors (the skirt would sink on the wall), so use the game originals on all other cases.
Wood fence simple (each): 294 polys
Vektra Column Fence (each): 366 polys
I used Simpe, Milkshape and Photoshop 7.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 200.5 KB · Downloads: 2,703 · 6th Nov 2012
|200.5 KB||2,703||6th Nov 2012|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Please do not enter my threads only to say Thank you or anyway boast my downloads. If you like them, donate to the site instead (if you can afford), otherwise I thank you for your visit. Negative inputs are accepted if you have justifiable basis for your statements, that can help me technically. Have fun!
My newest objects and mods can also be found at