Maxis 'Lost and Found' CAS Window Fixed.
Updated: 20th Nov 2018 at 10:53 PM
Numenor first uploaded the 'Maxis "Lost & Found" Large Loft Window from CAS' back in 2006. With a lot of encouragement from my dear friend HeartDeco, I cloned it from and slaved it to the Base Game 'High-Tech Loft Window', also added a diagonal window, light now comes through the window as well. I've always liked this window but wasn't happy with the fact I couldn't recolour it.
As a bonus I also included Clear, Frosted, Bronze, Smokey & Rose recolours of the High-Tech Loft Window GLASS. If you're interested you can find AL Wood Recolours of the 'High-Tech Loft Window' included in the uploads HERE & HERE.
Now the annoying bit: Once you place the diagonal window you can not change the glass colour, you have to replace the window.
Found: Build Mode > Doors & Windows > Single Story Windows. Price: Â§275.
Custom Content used in my screenshots: Olive Tree Converted by TheNinthWave & Recolourable Breadfruit Tree by HeartDeco & Michelle.
Files have been compressed and checked in game.
Straight Window- 1068
Diagonal Window - 1068
Additional Credits: - - GIMP - The Compressorizer - EA Games and MTS.
Numenor for all the work he has done over the years.
HeartDeco for her help, encouragement and belief that I could do it.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 196.3 KB · Downloads: 3,877 · 20th Nov 2018
|196.3 KB||3,877||20th Nov 2018|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
The creator also recommends the following uploads:
so it can be fixed and I do not make the same mistake in the future.
Constructive criticism and feedback are always welcome.
I do meshes, recolours and design my lots for pleasure, not for profit.
Feel free to use my meshes or recolours and include them in your lots, uploaded to free sites only.
However, remember to check the original creator's policies and always link to the originals.
DO NOT re-upload to pay sites. DO NOT claim any of my work as your own
and please ask before re-using my meshes or texture images (TXTR's).
You can find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep.
Take care and stay safe.
AL Wood Textures
LACK Wood Textures
MALM Wood Textures