Internal Mood Names Replacement - More descriptive emotion names!
Updated: 3rd Jan 2021 at 11:23 PM
What does this mod do?
Internally, the game code refers to different levels of emotional states (moods) with different names than the ones we end up seeing: all of the second-stage emotion states, like 'Very Confident', have a more descriptive and concise original name - like 'Fearless'! This mod simply renames all of the mismatched moods back to their lovely internal names, and alters the mood descriptions to match their new names.
- Very Angry -> Furious
- Very Confident -> Fearless
- Very Energized -> Pumped
- Very Flirty -> Passionate
- Very Focused - In the Zone
- Very Happy -> Elated
- Very Playful -> Silly
- Very Inspired -> Imaginative
- Very Tense -> Stressed
- Very Uncomfortable -> Miserable
- Very Sad -> Depressed
- Very Embarrassed -> Humiliated
Will this work with X version?
Edit: I should really learn to stop eating my hat. EA broke this briefly by breaking custom text back in 04/19, but it's since been patched. I think you can remain confident that this likely won't break between game versions.
This mod should only conflict with another mod that changes the values of the mood names strings and their corresponding mood descriptions.
Overrides the following STBL string key instances in the string table:
0x3CE756C3, 0xE3BE9E9A, 0xAC53F434, 0xFEAAD89F, 0x9285B34D, 0x765922E6, 0x3BB54D7A, 0x8308B9EA, 0xFD93FE0F, 0x43E476F8, 0x0AD439B6, 0xF240FF9F, 0x98401D00, 0xCB4E5134, 0x1CB31122, 0x21D29ADF, 0x5940C027, 0x99A4E6B8, 0x3A1FC18D, 0x5CFB21A3, 0x36B524DA, 0xFD8E50C8, 0xF0F7FB1E, 0xB11DBB56
- DrChillgood for figuring out how to override game text nicely: [link]
Tags: #mood, #replacement, #replace, #override, #names, #depressed, #sad, #stressed, #tense, #miserable, #uncomfortable, #flirty, #passionate, #confident, #fearless, #energized, #pumped, #focused, #in the zone, #embarrassed, #humiliated, #angry, #furious, #happy, #elated, #playful, #sill
Size: 1.3 KB · Downloads: 18,321 · 7th Oct 2016
|1.3 KB||18,321||7th Oct 2016|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use(Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
- Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled