Borgund Stavkyrkje --no cc--
Uploaded 22nd May 2021 at 5:54 PM · Updated 8th Sep 2021 at 3:37 AM by Jymn
The exterior of the church is as accurate as possible (I got a little obsessive about it) although it is larger overall than it should be.
The interior is accurate-ish but I prettied up the apsis and added some useable items to the front of the church.
The grounds are more 'inspired by' than accurate, with changes to the landscape and a whole extra building full of amenities to keep the simmies occupied (and in case you wanted to have a wedding reception on the lot)
Just a few notes
- No custom content included or required
- The lot edges are flat
- Constrainfloorelevation false was used for all the funky roof layers
-TS2GridAdjuster was used for the foundation and a few other things (large dogs can't enter the church, sorry)
- Moveobjects was used and some things aren't snapped to grid, but the furniture works
- There is a phone in the little building at the front
- There is a mailbox tucked in next to the payphone, in case you want to convert it back to a residential lot for some reason
A copy of the lot was play tested, but please message me if you run into any problems
- Lot size adjusted with LotAdjuster3.6
- No Pause Frame by Nopke
These links are what I used to make Maxis items that normally aren't buyable show up in the catalog for purchase, you don't need the download for them to appear when you load the lot, they are already in the game.
- Buyable Game objects by HugeLunatic
- Buyable Reagents by Neder
- Buyable Aspiration & Career Rewards by Sophie-David
- Crafted Objects and Fish in Buy Mode by Ponderosa
This link is what I used to make extra wall items (mirrors, curtain, fire alarms) shiftable. It is very handy.
- Shiftable signs, paintings and photos by Goggalor at MoreAwesomeThanYou.com
Number of bedrooms:
Not Applicable: For Commercial Lots
Custom Content Included:
None: No Custom Content included
Fully Furnished: Lot is completely decked out in furnishings
Title: Borgund Stavkyrkje
Description: The old wood church
|Open for Business|
|Kitchen & Bath|
|Mansion and Garden|
Size: 1.35 MB · Downloads: 731 · 22nd May 2021
|1.35 MB||731||22nd May 2021|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
- You may want to use the Sims2Pack Clean Installer Official Site. instead of the game's installer, which will let you install sims and pets which may otherwise give errors about needing expansion packs. It also lets you choose what included content to install. Do NOT use to get around this error with lots and houses as that can cause your game to crash when attempting to use that lot. Get here:
I always build CC-free because if I don't have a limited number of options I will never, ever be satisfied and I will spend days and days looking for one counter that fits this kitchen perfectly--and I finally found it--but I had to edit the texture a bit because it didn't tile perfectly, but it's finally done--Oh wait, I changed the wallpaper so now I need to scour the entire internet for counters all over again, and--and I will literally never finish anything. So I've limited myself. But at least CC-free is convenient for downloading. Hope you enjoy them!
Feel free to message me with questions or constructive criticism regarding my uploads.
-- Policy --
-Do not upload my work to other sites.
-Feel free to use my lots in the background for movies or pictures or whatever.
-If you make SIGNIFICANT changes to a lot you may upload it, just not to pay sites.
-For either of the above make sure to give credit and link back to me.
And please use good judgement on the definition of significant. Redecorating one room is not significant. Redecorating the whole house in a different style or for a different purpose is. Adding one room is not significant. Adding a whole other wing or building and updating the landscaping is. That being said if you do use my lot as a jumping off point, by all means message me a link when you upload it because I'd love to see what you come up with.
Weird little sidenote: I often edit lots I download to have different size footprints to fit in with my neighborhood. It can often involve doing tedious things like making a whole building three tiles narrower so that it will fit inside 20 squares, and then a million little changes are necessary to keep the lot functioning and looking good. I don't know if anyone else ever does that, however if you do but then find the result isn't really "significant" enough to be it's own post (4x5 => 4x4 probably not significant, 4x5 => 2x2 significant unless all you did was get rid of the yard) you might want to message me, because I'd be interested in adding yours as an alternate version to download on my original post (with credit and a link to your profile)