Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 8:01 PM
Default Long Sleeve Shirt as Accessory / Makeup?
Hi, searching for something like this but for Sims 2. Just to cover up outfits that are a bit more revealing..?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 9:20 PM
Makeup only works for faces for TS2, and accessory clothes work better if they're bulkier (tight to the body they tend to clip a lot). In TS3 and TS4 there's skin overlays that makes it easy to make accessory tops/bottoms, but not in TS2, so you can't make accessory tops/bottoms the way you're thinking. One workaround is tattoo boxes, but those are quite time-consuming to make, and only work as texture overlays (no idea if anyone has made some with shirts).

You can add long-sleeve tops to the outfits by recoloring them, though.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Dec 2020 at 6:47 AM
Got a link to some of the revealing tops? Might help to see what needs to be covered.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Dec 2020 at 11:09 PM
It's actually the base game (might be uni?) cheerleading outfits, I play a vintage hood and wanted to add a white long sleeved shirt underneath to make them look a bit more classic. Something like this:

Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 1:18 AM
Maybe a recolor or a default replacement can work?

Adding a plain sleeve texture isn't too hard. The easiest would be to find a top that's based on the "naked" base mesh, or at least something like a tight-fitting tee/shirt, as long as the arms are in the proper place in the texture (NOT a TS3/TS4 conversion, those won't work). Making your own texture is also an option. Then you can add this to the top in Bodyshop by editing the alpha and texture in a picture editing program.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 8:50 AM
From looking at your picture it looks more like you want a sweater over the uniform rather than a top under it.

How does this look? The first picture is the sweater (it's currently a separate). The second pic is how it looks with the cheerleading skirt (unfinished obviously, but thought I'd better make sure that it was what you want before actually trying to make it).
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 4:06 PM
Wow! That looks amazing, much cooler than a t shirt overlay underneath

Is it possible to have the sweater match the default cheerleading outfits colours/etc?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 7:02 AM Last edited by Charity : 30th Dec 2020 at 8:04 AM.
I'm definitely going to try that. Do you want the llama on the front or back of the sweater or not at all?

Thwarted, unfortunately. The sweater's creator doesn't allow changes to her meshes. If you can find me another sweater then I could try that.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Jan 2021 at 1:17 PM
Oh no, pity about the mesh rules! Might it be easier to use one of the base game sweaters?

Like this or this ? Sorry, I'm not a creator, I'm not sure how it works exactly haha
Mad Poster
#10 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 12:30 PM Last edited by Charity : 6th Mar 2021 at 4:27 PM.
Well it turns out ask and you shall receive. I got permission to use the sweater.

Edit: Uploaded here. https://modthesims.info/d/653478/ma...ua-sweater.html
Screenshots