Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6901 Old 14th Jun 2024 at 3:53 AM
Lack of cheese, cake, cheesecake and tea?[/QUOTE]
============
Lack of sleep. Lack of control over body; I used to be proud of my physical strength and mental resilience. ..about to have a milestone birthday and body not obeying, mind fa8o8ing what?
I would have said lack of PIE but I ate half a pecan pie yesterday. Need more fresh fruit. Need hugs. And broke my toe. At least weather not going to be over 100 for a while.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6902 Old 14th Jun 2024 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Need more fresh fruit. Need hugs. And broke my toe. At least weather not going to be over 100 for a while.

Sending you hugs gramma- I can't do much about the weather though, it's the same here! Cosy blankets and socks, and keep the foot elevated to heal.
Mad Poster
#6903 Old 14th Jun 2024 at 3:26 PM Last edited by Charity : 14th Jun 2024 at 5:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Lack of sleep. Lack of control over body; I used to be proud of my physical strength and mental resilience. ..about to have a milestone birthday and body not obeying, mind fa8o8ing what?
I would have said lack of PIE but I ate half a pecan pie yesterday. Need more fresh fruit. Need hugs. And broke my toe. At least weather not going to be over 100 for a while.

There needs to be a 'sad' button. The only one close is 'disagree' and that would just be confusing. Hope you feel better soon.
Theorist
#6904 Old 14th Jun 2024 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
There needs to be a 'sad' button.
Over 250 people "love" the post announcing CmarNYC and rebekah's passing... We really need the button.
Mad Poster
#6905 Old 15th Jun 2024 at 8:59 AM
Older downloads on MTS with external links. Link rot strikes again. Sigh....

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6906 Old 16th Jun 2024 at 3:33 AM
Waiting for a customer who's purchasing multiple items to go to the cash register so your Sim can afford to restock the item... only to have them leave the lot for motive failure.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6907 Old Yesterday at 1:29 AM
I was having trouble placing a lot in a specific spot even though there was more than enough room. I moved all the surrounding lots and tried several methods of flattening the area (modifyneighborhoodterrain and placing big lots) with no luck. Finally, I noticed a very very very very tiny neighbourhood deco power pole on the opposite side of the street. It wasn't even that close to the road itself.

Moved it and guess what suddenly worked?

Field Researcher
#6908 Old Yesterday at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
Hitting tab when I mean to hit pause, which I seem to do ALL. THE. TIME. I don't know if this is the same on Windows, but on my laptop the Pause key is ` and it's right above the tab.

Wait, can't you hit "p" to pause?
Scholar
#6909 Old Yesterday at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by noprobllama
Wait, can't you hit "p" to pause?

I like to use my left hand so I can quickly switch between pause and whatever number speed I'm playing.
Scholar
#6910 Old Yesterday at 4:24 PM
Unline corners of key blocks, P is not easy to find on the keyboard. It is surrounded by other keys of the same size. You need to be a good touch typist to play modern games with alphabetic keys. Isn't your Grave key separated from the Esc and F1. I guess maybe not because it is a laptop.
Mad Poster
#6911 Old Yesterday at 4:32 PM
I like to use my left hand so I can quickly switch between pause and whatever number speed I'm playing.

I'd think you've got a very different keyboard from what I've got - on my laptop the TAB key is on the left, while both P and 0 (which also works as pause) are one atop the other (0 above P) on the right side.

I don't think I've got anything on the left side that works as pause. Most of the time I use the mouse to hit the pause button. I find it a bit easier, unless I'm in TAB mode...

I however have issues with accidentally hitting 1/2/3 when trying to hit tab/q and everything else is in that corner. Or doing Ctrl+3 when I was supposed to do Ctrl+4 (for saving camera angles), which is why I tend to avoid 4, just so I don't accidentally hit fast forward if I haven't frozen the sims for posing... Or hitting Q when not in TAB mode.
Scholar
#6912 Old Yesterday at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I'd think you've got a very different keyboard from what I've got - on my laptop the TAB key is on the left, while both P and 0 (which also works as pause) are one atop the other (0 above P) on the right side.

It's a pretty small Mac laptop. The keyboard is small and all the keys are close together. The TAB key is on the left, right under the ` key. I use my right hand to work the trackpad, and I use my left hand to hit the numbers 1-2-3 to switch speeds. The P key or the ` key will pause, but since the ` key is right before the 1-2-3, it makes more sense to use it if I need to pause quickly, since my hand is already up there. If I used the P key, my hand would have to move all the way up from the track pad to the P, which is surrounded by other keys, so I think that would be less intuitive.

Sorry if that was way more explanation than you wanted or needed.
Mad Poster
#6913 Old Yesterday at 7:09 PM
Trackpads are evil. Get a real mouse lol!

My P and O are next to each other. But I use the mouse to pause, anyway.

My favourite accidental key press is hitting caps lock when going for A and not noticing until I've typed a fair amount of text in all caps.
Mad Poster
#6914 Old Yesterday at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Trackpads are evil. Get a real mouse lol!

Indeed!
Trackpads for gaming is not something I'd recommend. It works in a pinch, but you usually have a lot more control and click speed with a mouse.
Field Researcher
#6915 Old Yesterday at 7:39 PM
To be fair, I don't need to look at the p key or feel around to find it. I agree that the other keyboard options are better, yes, but it's an alternative.

I wonder if you could set up a key remapper just for playing The Sims and give it a better pause key...
Scholar
#6916 Old Yesterday at 7:54 PM
I like to play sitting on my couch or my bed with my laptop on a lap pillow--a mouse wouldn't really work. I guess I'm just not a serious gamer, which is why I'm playing on an old Mac laptop in the first place. The Sims is the only game I play, though.

For work, I have a newer Mac desktop, which has a mouse and a full-sized keyboard and sits on an actual desk, so I'm not entirely hopeless. I will never own another Windows computer, though.

Anyway, I was just kvetching in my post about the pause key. Just a thing that sometimes makes me go Grrr.
Mad Poster
#6917 Old Yesterday at 8:35 PM
I mostly sit in a couch or in my bed (or at least somewhere I have the laptop in my lap or on a low table). A good long while back I got a "rice pillow table" (if that makes sense?) quite cheap. It's got a hard plastic top about as big as an A3 sheet of paper, with a moldable rice-pillowy bottom which means I can tilt it to make it comfortable. It does the trick as a mouse "table" along with a regular mouse pad (it's a bit slippery, so the mouse pad helps). It's quite handy for using in bed or on a couch.

I've tried with just a mouse and mousepad, but it isn't at all comfortable.
Field Researcher
#6918 Old Yesterday at 9:25 PM

I also use the ` button to pause. I put it in my userStartup file because I got annoyed trying to find the P button every time. I like having all the speeds/pause in one spot so it works for me. The only downside is that damn Tab button.
Page 277 of 277