Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2024 at 7:29 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Buggy Genetically Correct and Scripted pleasantview + Strangetown
I was really excited to play with TheDudeWithTheDragonTattoos genetically correct and scripted pleasantview + strangetown, but no matter what I do both the main hood and sub hood versions do not work! I followed the installation instructions and looked to the thread for support but no one has seemed to have solved this (as others also have this issue.) and the author seems to be inactive. Does anyone know what is wrong with these or if it's us the player doing something wrong?

https://modthesims.info/d/657575/ge...ts-cc-free.html
https://modthesims.info/d/656255/ge...ts-cc-free.html
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 10:39 PM
What do you mean when you say they don't work? Are they crashing or causing glitches? Are they missing from your game?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by noprobllama
What do you mean when you say they don't work? Are they crashing or causing glitches? Are they missing from your game?

They do not appear at all
Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th Jun 2024 at 11:52 PM
That's odd! I wonder if changing the hood name with the batch renamer would help. I'm at a loss, sorry! I hope someone sees this and knows what to do.
Mad Poster
#5 Old Yesterday at 4:07 AM
Template files don't automatically work for current hoods. They only appear when you regenerate the hood they're for.

You'll need to regenerate the hood(s) to make them work (remove the old folder entirely from the savegame in Documents - N001 for Pleasantview, or whichever it is you're replacing). Did you do that?

Occasionally, this might not work. If not, move out the whole Neighborhoods folder, run the game to let the maxis hoods generate, then put in the folders of any other custom hoods you've got.