Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 5:23 AM
Then you must have something conflicting with it or the wrong load order, because that post is literally instructions for how to make it work.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Then you must have something conflicting with it or the wrong load order, because that post is literally instructions for how to make it work.

I can try it again, but I remember trying it with just those mods.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 7:49 AM
All you need for the option to appear is RCC. Just install only RCC. If you don't see the option, it means you've installed the mod incorrectly.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
All you need for the option to appear is RCC. Just install only RCC. If you don't see the option, it means you've installed the mod incorrectly.

After reading this, I thought I must have missed something or have a conflict, as my teens only have the option to woohoo or TFB through ACR, but running my test game with just essential mods and RCC in my downloads (midgethetree_RCC-extraoptions.package, midgethetree_RCC-fertilitychangeswithageandtreatement.package, and midgethetree_RCC-TYA.package), the option for teen woohoo does not come up. Rereading the documentation, it says that you still need a teen woohoo/preg mod for teen pregnancies; RCC is affecting the fertility of sims with tokens, but I don't think it affects the menu of sims at all.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 3:05 PM
Yeah, if you try to get teens pregnant without another mod, the pregnancy controller autodeletes itself. But the function that just controls the pie menu option is overridden by RCC. The option won't work right if you don't have some other stuff installed, but it should still appear.

Edit: No, actually, you still need something to allow teens to woohoo in the first place, I keep forgetting that they can't be default. So yeah, it should work with just RCC and ACR.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 3:21 PM
I have Inteen with ACR and Triplets and Quads.

I have a few of the other mods in your list, but not all of them. The only one in my game which affects births is the baby personality mod which includes the last name chooser. (I don't want this but I can't find them separately and it doesn't matter that much).

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#32 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 3:41 PM
The birth code doesn't have anything to do with whether or not the option appears.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 4:00 PM
Ah OK, I thought in this case the option appearing was being used as a proxy for the mod working at all. I understand that for vanilla twin pregnancies, the game decides at conception whether a pregnancy is twins or single, except if the forcetwins/cheesecake cheat is used. But triplets and quads works a different way in that it decides at the moment of birth. In the standard version with the dialog, that's why you get the option "choose" "Random" "original". In the random-only version, the dialog doesn't show up. OP does not seem to have the Random only version based on their screenshot of the filename.

Mad Poster
#34 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 4:45 PM
It only switches up numbers at birth for "Choose" and "Random". With "Original" you get whatever the sim was carrying, so if they're pregnant with twins, they get twins (not entirely sure if they can get triplets/quads with this option, though - mine only seem to get single/twins).

"Random" should be based on chance (not sure if both versions of the mod lets you pick the chance?)

If you want a "random always" mod but can't find it, you can pick the "random" option from the menu. I get it's not quite the same feeling ingame, but it does the same job.

I don't think the game would register a multiple birth as more than a twin birth anyway - for pregnancy check menus and such, I mean (I think the T&Q mod just forces another twin/single birth on top of a twin birth for triplets/quads).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
It only switches up numbers at birth for "Choose" and "Random". With "Original" you get whatever the sim was carrying, so if they're pregnant with twins, they get twins (not entirely sure if they can get triplets/quads with this option, though - mine only seem to get single/twins).

"Random" should be based on chance (not sure if both versions of the mod lets you pick the chance?)

If you want a "random always" mod but can't find it, you can pick the "random" option from the menu. I get it's not quite the same feeling ingame, but it does the same job.

I don't think the game would register a multiple birth as more than a twin birth anyway - for pregnancy check menus and such, I mean (I think the T&Q mod just forces another twin/single birth on top of a twin birth for triplets/quads).

I can confirm that they get triplets/quads with "original" just usually low chances of being pregnant with them in the first place. Random is truly random iicr as I've had chances for like (roughly) 70/20/4/1 (single/twin/trip/quad) hit random and gotten quads. My issue is even tho the mod works with wild child, the dialog option does not appear. My other issue is trying to replace wild child and not succeeding.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 9:54 PM
Weirdly, I am able to have the try for baby option with rcc/acr and no jenflower woohoo in the order of the guide but if I add the same version of jenflower woohoo as the guide I do not have try for baby anymore
Mad Poster
#37 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 10:26 PM
Yes, if you add multiple mods that do the same thing, they override each other.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#38 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by UyTheo
I can confirm that they get triplets/quads with "original" just usually low chances of being pregnant with them in the first place. Random is truly random iicr as I've had chances for like (roughly) 70/20/4/1 (single/twin/trip/quad) hit random and gotten quads. My issue is even tho the mod works with wild child, the dialog option does not appear. My other issue is trying to replace wild child and not succeeding.

Sims 2 vanilla has no chance of triplets or quads and neither does using 'original' on this mod as that calls back to Maxis code which only has single or twins as an option.

The game can throw glitchlets at you, where a birth hiccups and produces 2 or more babies. Kind of a stuck loop giving birth. It's possible you had that happen.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#39 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The game can throw glitchlets at you, where a birth hiccups and produces 2 or more babies. Kind of a stuck loop giving birth. It's possible you had that happen.

I once had a stuck loop on unpatched Double Deluxe. The mother had to keep stepping over the babies already on the floor to find an empty spot. I exited to neighbourhood after 10 babies and no sign of stopping.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#40 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I once had a stuck loop on unpatched Double Deluxe. The mother had to keep stepping over the babies already on the floor to find an empty spot. I exited to neighbourhood after 10 babies and no sign of stopping.

I have only had twins from a glitched double birth but I know someone who got 4 and I have heard of more. I would be exiting to neighbourhood after 10 too!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#41 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 2:48 AM
I've had the stuck birth loop too - the sim kept birthing the same two babies over and over and over again (I think the babies disappeared between each birth, but I can't quite remember - I just don't think there weren't babies all over the floor in my case). I had to force quit the lot in the end, because there was no end in sight...
Mad Poster
#42 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I have only had twins from a glitched double birth but I know someone who got 4 and I have heard of more. I would be exiting to neighbourhood after 10 too!

They're proactive. 10 children want done in one sitting!
Mad Poster
#43 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 10:35 AM
Yes, vanilla is only twins/single. (Glitches excepted!) Triplets and Quads are not in the vanilla game. That's why even if you have triplets or quads, the dialog says "There are two new babies on the way!" and for naming triplets/quads, you get two naming dialog boxes. The UI only supports a naming box for two babies at a time.

I understood either from an old thread, or from the T&Q documentation (I forget which) that TJ said basically once a pregnancy is (vanilla) coded as twins, you can't make it back into a singleton pregnancy. There is a small chance when you click "choose" and choose 1 baby, or if you choose "random" and T&Q rolls for single, you'll get twins anyway.

Random (either chosen in the dialog, or random-only-version) rolls according to the odds set on the mod. In very old versions of the mod, the odds were set via a BCON, and editable only for the current lot. In the version most people should be running, because it was stable long before TJ retired, you can click on a sim and choose "Adjust... Triplets and Quads.... Odds" Then it gives you an option to make the odds global or only for the current lot.

It's not an equal chance (is that what you mean by "truly random"?). I've been using this mod for over ten years and mostly click random. Having a 1% chance and getting quads doesn't mean that it's an equal chance - the 1% option will come up 1 time in 100! It's rare but absolutely possible. You have to set those odds to 0% if you want to disable a multiple birth size.

Basically, vanilla pregnancy is either single or twins, decided at conception. In any pregnancy scanner mod, this is why it can tell you your sim is pregnant with 1 or 2 babies. Worth noting: This changed with OFB. In game versions earlier than OFB, the twin behaviour worked differently.

Using the ForceTwins cheat or eating cheesecake will make a single pregnancy into a twin one and using the pregnancy scanner will show that info correctly (changing 1 into 2).

Triplets and Quads works separately to this.

When the dialog comes up, if you click "Original" then, as said, the sim will have 1 or 2 babies, as shown in the pregnancy scanner popup. This option basically tells the mod not to do anything.

If you click "Choose" it allows you to choose quads/trips/twins/single. However if the sim was originally pregnant with twins, single will result in twins anyway.

If you click "random" it will roll and using the odds set in the game you'll get the number of babies it comes up with. This cannot be shown in a pregnancy scanner dialog, because the dice roll isn't being made while the sim is still pregnant. Again, if the roll comes up with single, and the sim was already pregnant with twins, you'll get twins.

I would guess that yes, T&Q is likely performing this function:

1. Calculate number of babies wanted (random or by choose dialog)
2. If single: Do nothing, allow birth to proceed
3. If twin: Apply forcetwins cheat, allow birth to proceed
4: If triplet: Apply forcetwins cheat, somehow trigger another single birth afterwards (I guess that theoretically, there's a rare chance this could result in twins the second time and give you quads? Now I'm curious to test this out!)
5: If quads: Apply forcetwins cheat, somehow instantly trigger a second twin birth.

(I say "somehow" because I don't know enough about the pregnancy process to understand how this would happen, but I like simmer22's theory, and hadn't thought about this before!)

Mad Poster
#44 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 3:18 PM
I've had the T&Q mod in my game for a very long time (the non-random/selection version), and I've never noticed it glitching out.
For "original" it's always given me either a single or twin birth, depending on what the sim was originally pregnant with.
For "Choose" it has always given whatever I've chosen, even if the sim was pregnant with something else (for instance twins).
For "Random" it seems to follow the randomization process (except without a "LotFullOfSims" type mod - then it only chooses the number between available sim slots).

I mostly use "original" and "choose", though. ("Choose" is the fastest way to generate babies for testing baby stuff - my game has had a lot of twins/quads )
Mad Poster
#45 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 3:44 PM
Have you got it to produce a single baby when the sim was pregnant with twins originally? I could be wrong about that because honestly I can't find the source. I guess it was from a long ago simbology thread.

Mad Poster
#46 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 7:02 PM
Yes, with the "choose" option. I can try to run some tests next time I'm ingame, but I'm pretty sure they've gotten what they opted for. Could perhaps be a sometimes-glitch?
Instructor
#47 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 8:15 PM
Sim Manipulator is able to change a twin pregnancy to a single one
Mad Poster
#48 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 9:55 PM
You can change to whichever you want (single/twins) with the Insimenator, too. I don't think I've had any glitching with that one, either.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 7:00 PM
I just tested this last night and found out:

"Choose" allows a twin pregnancy (luckily, I got one naturally on the very first test!) to be converted into a singleton.

"Random" definitely uses the odds set via menu in-game.

"Random" does NOT allow a twin pregnancy to convert back to a singleton. The sim will always have twins or more, even if chance of twins is set to 0%.

I didn't test enough to be sure that it never happens, but my theory that a triplet pregnancy could theoretically convert to quads if the single-birth-after-forced-twins happened to roll as twins did not happen during my testing. When set to 100% chance of triplets, the sim only ever had triplets.

Mad Poster
#50 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 7:26 PM
How about "random" if the chance of all 3 multiple options is set to 0 or 1% - can it still not convert to singleton if it's originally twins? That would probably be the ultimate test.
Page 2 of 2