Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6926 Old 27th Jun 2024 at 5:48 PM
Gestures are infuriating in general. I know they feel all futuristic or whatever, but they just end up interfering with other functions. I have the swipe to go back on my Pixel phone and the amount of times I've closed an app when trying to see the next photo in a gallery or something.

The Q shortcut in Sims is very odd. Honestly, I have never had the thought "Wow I wish I had a shortcut to quit this program! Sure would be useful not to have to click through a menu!"

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6927 Old 27th Jun 2024 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
The Q shortcut in Sims is very odd. Honestly, I have never had the thought "Wow I wish I had a shortcut to quit this program! Sure would be useful not to have to click through a menu!"

If all you have is a trackpad, then that's probably why - shortcuts can be useful at times - but what I'm questioning is why this is also the shortcut for "down" when in TAB mode (WASD/arrows + Q and E, plus a few other buttons controls the camera). There's been so many times I've accidentally hit Q while not in TAB mode, it's ridicolous (would be useful if the camera could be controlled that way while not in TAB mode, but alas, no... )
Mad Poster
#6928 Old 27th Jun 2024 at 6:51 PM
I hope Q at least asks if you want to save.
Mad Poster
#6929 Old 27th Jun 2024 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

I mostly X out of the option without reading it, but it does ask if you want to quit (same options as clicking the "quit" button, I think). So I haven't accidentally quitted my game multiple times via Q (that would've been awful!)
Mad Poster
#6930 Old 27th Jun 2024 at 7:42 PM Last edited by FranH : 1st Jul 2024 at 5:05 PM.
Quote:

It does ask if you want to quit-"Are you sure you want to quit the game?" and that's when I realize I hit the 'Q". I always say, "NO, I'm stupid. Carry on!"

Edit:

There are actually two messages you get when you hit Q: (I just checked in game)

Quote:
"Do you want to save before quitting? Any unsaved changes will be lost."
Or
"Do you really want to quit?"

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Mad Poster
#6931 Old 28th Jun 2024 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I always say, "NO, I'm stupid. Carry on!"

It would be funny if that was actually one of the options.
Mad Poster
#6932 Old 28th Jun 2024 at 12:00 PM
True about a trackpad - but I would still prefer e.g. a shortcut to a menu and then I have to navigate through that menu. I suppose at least they put the "Are you sure?" dialog there.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
#6933 Old 29th Jun 2024 at 10:34 PM
Only the dormie secret society members are at the secret society lot and not other playables
Mad Poster
#6934 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 8:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
It does ask if you want to quit-"Are you sure you want to quit the game?" and that's when I realize I hit the 'Q". I always say, "NO, I'm stupid. Carry on!"

That is for me, who keep hitting keys I should not hit at times
Test Subject
#6935 Old 2nd Jul 2024 at 9:53 PM
I go grrrrr at all the pixels that still hate the room (environment score) where they're in even though I put plants in there, paintings, nice floor + paint, beautiful kitchen with accessories. It's still so low! Meanwhile, they find the study and bathrooms beau-ti-ful.
Mad Poster
#6936 Old 2nd Jul 2024 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Over 250 people "love" the post announcing CmarNYC and rebekah's passing... We really need the button.

where can i find that...

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#6937 Old 2nd Jul 2024 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
where can i find that...

https://modthesims.info/t/682259

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#6938 Old Yesterday at 2:00 AM
The European Portuguese names of the Tricou family members. Jennail is Jessica, acceptable given every other language also uses Jessica as her name, though it loses some of the special Tricou charm. Fricorith is a similar story, being called Xavier. But the others...

You have a sim called Johnny Smith who you translated to João Silva. Perfect! It follows that if you have a sim called Jon Smith Tricou he will be called João Silva Tricou, right? Wrong! Leocádio Baptista. Jennicor is not Jasmine, so why would you call her Jasmina instead of Jennicor like every language? Like, sure Nylissit might be a bit too much, but why couldn't you translate it to Noélia like literally any other language and instead call her Zilda? She is not called La Shawn, so why would you call Zilda to both La Shawn Cameron and Nylissit Tricou? Kiernan becomes Argel, for some reason he now has the same Portuguese name as the capital of Algeria. Kvornan is Melício? That's a surname. Why not Kevin like the others? And poor Gvaudoin is now the late Roman capital of Ravena (why the fascination with capitals?).

If one day I play with the Tricous they are getting untranslated back to their original names. I tend to accept subpar translations like translating a cute name such as Meadow Thayer to Alzira Talher which is one of the worst names ever, Alzira being a name no one under the age of 70 has and Talher literally meaning cutlery, but the Tricous really grind my gears.
Screenshots

Nice Rachel we're having.
My Simblr! Now actually working!
Page 278 of 278