Replies: 36 (Who?), Viewed: 9660 times.
Page 2 of 2
Mad Poster
#26 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 5:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrot999
I would not be able to play the game without both having a lighting mod, and modifying the GraphicsRules.sgr to get rid of the stupid bloom effect. I mean, seriously. The only thing all that attractive by default in the game visually is the natural environment anyways, and not being able to see simply on the grounds of having white or pale colored decorations really doesn't help.

Is there a tutorial on how to modify the GraphicRules.sgr to get rid of the bloom? The no bloom effect mod I have seems to have stopped working and doing the opposite (more bloom effect).
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 6:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orilon
Is there a tutorial on how to modify the GraphicRules.sgr to get rid of the bloom? The no bloom effect mod I have seems to have stopped working and doing the opposite (more bloom effect).

Yes, this is one I just found through the power of Google:
http://www.simified.com/the-sims-3/...g-from-objects/
Mad Poster
#28 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 6:58 PM
Thank you for the link. I did a google search before I asked, but it didn't turn up anything useful.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 5:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orilon
Thank you for the link. I did a google search before I asked, but it didn't turn up anything useful.

No trouble, glad I can help. I do want to point out that it removes the CAS highlight glow, and the glow around vampire skin, but in my opinion it is well worth it to be able to have white furniture without it attacking my eyes.
Theorist
#30 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 9:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrot999
No trouble, glad I can help. I do want to point out that it removes the CAS highlight glow, and the glow around vampire skin, but in my opinion it is well worth it to be able to have white furniture without it attacking my eyes.

Yeah, it appears to work by disabling post-processing altogether, which could involve a number of graphical enhancements. It's too bad there's no known way to disable just the bloom, or individually tweak each enhancement performed by post-processing.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't care much for some of the BW light mod screenshots, the ones with sims in it. It looks like it reduces the color and shading depth of the sim skin and makes it look more flat, 2-dimensional, and cartooney. Maybe it's just because the screenshots are low-res, I dunno, but I'm not digging some of those "after" images.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat
Yeah, it appears to work by disabling post-processing altogether, which could involve a number of graphical enhancements. It's too bad there's no known way to disable just the bloom, or individually tweak each enhancement performed by post-processing.

Bloom numbers are in some of the .ini files commonly used in lighting mods, and bloom can be greatly reduced with these, preventing the extra white blowing from furniture, appliances etc. This is one of the main reasons for the creation of my lighting mods.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
#32 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 1:22 PM
GnatGoSplat - I get what you're saying about some of the sims seeming to be washed out, but the mod I've tried out did not do that at all. In fact, the sims were sharper and clearer. I didn't get a snap of them, but will grab one to post later.

I did take several outdoor shots. I am thrilled with the look using this mod -- Burnt Waffles' Blue Skies & Sunshine with Lucky Palms water. I can still see the swamp fog, but without the obscuring darkness.

Twinbrook looks just stunning with this mod, so I am really happy you all pointed me toward it.
Theorist
#33 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 3:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimrod101
Bloom numbers are in some of the .ini files commonly used in lighting mods, and bloom can be greatly reduced with these, preventing the extra white blowing from furniture, appliances etc. This is one of the main reasons for the creation of my lighting mods.

Are these .ini files available for editing without lighting mods?
I couldn't find your lighting mods on MTS, are they hosted at the link in your sig? I went there, but looks like I need to register an account to see anything.
I would love to get rid of the bloom. I hate it. I turn it off in every game where it's possible to. I don't really want to turn off post-processing entirely because it doesn't affect only bloom.

Resident wet blanket.
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 9:20 PM
Shimrod's mods are over at TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...-moon-lighting/. You will need to register there.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat
Are these .ini files available for editing without lighting mods?

The most important one is inside the .world files, each of EA's worlds has this ini file in there, although IIRC the Sunset Valley file doesn't have it. The contents of this file are:

[Lighting]
SunlightScale = 1.0;
AmbientProbeScale = 1.0;
LightProbeSaturation = 0.4;
GrayscaleProbeIntensity = 0.5;
BloomRampIntensity = 1.0;
BloomRampThreshold = 1.3;
Gamma = 0.4f;

The bloom numbers I set at this:
BloomRampIntensity = 0.2;
BloomRampThreshold = 1.9;

It's possible to set the intensity number lower, but what happens is that the white color on light bulbs, the actual bulb itself which can be seen in outdoor lamps for example, starts fading and looking like a burnt out light bulb. It's a matter of taste or judgement how low to go with that number. This ini file is inside the dDefinder lighting mod here at MTS, although their numbers are different on some of the other stuff, which is probably done to mix together with their other changes in the other ini files they've used. My copy above is from Starlight Shores and these are the standard EA numbers if they haven't done anything special with the lighting.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Mad Poster
#36 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 12:32 AM
Why would your mod start having the opposite affect Shimrod? I'm not using any other bloom mod, but I ended up having to take your mod out because It was starting to create more bloom, not less.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 10:33 AM
If you're talking about the Midnight Hollow mod, then it needs to be used when playing that world only, it can't be used when playing SV or CaW worlds or somewhere else since it brightens up the lighting in general. My standard mod certainly doesn't start creating more bloom by itself in SV or CaW worlds, it works the same way it always has. It won't necessarily work in every world as I haven't used all the other ini files which EA has inside each world file, those ones which in base game are called ClearSky and PartlyCloudy etc. Also the lighting color ramp thingies which EA has inside the world files have an effect too, and I don't have those inside my mods (one of them is replaced in my MH mod).

Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
13th Oct 2013 at 6:38 AM
This message has been deleted by Right-thgiR. Reason: nevermind.
Page 2 of 2