Locked thread | Replies: 12 (Who?), Viewed: 12381 times. | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2005 at 2:41 AM Last edited by Allan Akbar : 4th Jan 2005 at 5:54 AM.
Default Victorian terraced houses (row houses)
I lived in London, England, for a while and used to walk around town admiring all the Victorian and Georgian terraced houses (row houses or town houses for those on the other side of the pond) and their different colors and brightly painted doors. What started out as a row of identical houses a hundred years or more ago has changed over time with repaints, new doors and windows and all kinds of remodelling projects. So for my first building project I chose three Victorian houses, with lower ground floor entrace, wrought iron fences and gates and all the other details. The white painted brick wall texture is one that I made for this project.

The interior isn't finished yet but I have a rough idea of what the floorplan will be like, and have installed six fireplaces in each of the three houses. The roof isn't finished yet either. I would like a "double bend" in it but haven't found a way to do it. Yet. (The houses are built too close to the edge of the lot to let me build "scaffolding" and lift the center of a flat roof...).

The third picture is of another project, with five terraced houses on a single lot, that I've got going too.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Jan 2005 at 2:57 AM
these look really good. Its funny cause i live in a house a lot like these. It is a set of 3 identical houses exept they are only 2 stories with a basement. good work.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th Jan 2005 at 4:49 AM
llan - anychance you could learn to use the resize option and post slightly smaller pictures? It is really nice that I can see these across the room without my glasses - but most people sit a bit closer to their monitors

And it would take up and waste less space ...

Thanks
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 4th Jan 2005 at 4:54 AM
Allan,

Just a quick tip when taking screenshots - turn on Anti-Aliasing (or smoothing) if you can. All those jagged lines reduce the quality somewhat.

It doesn't show up so much on skins or sims but houses are mostly straight lines so it's much more apparent.

Regards
Delphy
Field Researcher
#5 Old 4th Jan 2005 at 4:33 PM
Hmm, very nice, it kind of reminds me of the houses in san franscico n_n. (sp? ;_
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Jan 2005 at 5:09 PM
Very pretty, I love Victorian townhouses, I'd love to see more like that.
Sheffield has a lot of those up near the Uni (posh park of Sheff lol )
#7 Old 4th Jan 2005 at 5:46 PM
looks good!!
i did something simular; typical amsterdam houses, with a canal at the front of the houses. all the houses in one block where connected by this canal, witch looked very good from the neighboorhoud-view.
inside i did break the walls open, to make it one big expensive house.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 2:30 AM
i love it! is it available for download anywhere?
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 4:05 AM
Wow!!!!

Love It!

One question i do have is how have you created the basement at the front of the property? I've tried but cant stop the sides from sloping.

Thanks for showing us your work in progress and hopefully it will be available for download soon.

Mike xx
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 9:31 AM
Looks like my idea cought on!
Nice to see some other conected town houses
Looks nice allan!
greetz Erwin
#11 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 7:31 PM
it's just what i was looking for but i can't download it. is it evailable anywhere to download. it's nice to see a row of houses. you r creation is wicked!

dobo118
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 3:02 PM
i LOVE this one! i wish i could download it
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 4:57 AM
Akbar can u make the houses for download pls?¿?

Jakee'
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies