Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2023 at 10:45 PM
Default What is your favorite Sim eye color?
I might be biased, but I really love dark blue eyes, maybe because I have dark blue eyes myself. I also really love brown and green eyes on sims. What about ya'll?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Nov 2023 at 3:41 AM
If I'm including CC, my favorites are the orange-brown and grey-brown Maxis match eye colors my brother and I made. Excluding CC, I definitely love using the grey. It looks stunning against the mid-tone skin colors and creates a mystical look when paired with black hair.
Inventor
#3 Old 10th Nov 2023 at 8:36 AM
I like green. Magical people of exceptional abilities have green eyes in my pleasantview. They also often have red hair.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Nov 2023 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chamelea
If I'm including CC, my favorites are the orange-brown and grey-brown Maxis match eye colors my brother and I made. Excluding CC, I definitely love using the grey. It looks stunning against the mid-tone skin colors and creates a mystical look when paired with black hair.

That sounds very cool, I’m guessing the orange-brown eyes are like supposed to mimic amber eyes, but, maybe I’m wrong about that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Nov 2023 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
I like green. Magical people of exceptional abilities have green eyes in my pleasantview. They also often have red hair.

I also like green eyes paired with red haired sims. I also like when red haired sims have blue eyes.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 10th Nov 2023 at 3:51 PM
I'm really fond of brown eyes for my Sims. But I also love green eyes (especially slightly yellowish green eyes, those are really cool, nothing wrong with other greens either though!) and I love gray eyes? And purple eyes, red eyes, yellow eyes... Actually blue eyes can be really neat too as well as black ones, hell, I think I just like eyes in general
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Nov 2023 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
I'm really fond of brown eyes for my Sims. But I also love green eyes (especially slightly yellowish green eyes, those are really cool, nothing wrong with other greens either though!) and I love gray eyes? And purple eyes, red eyes, yellow eyes... Actually blue eyes can be really neat too as well as black ones, hell, I think I just like eyes in general

Eye definitely did SEE that coming :D
Test Subject
#8 Old 11th Nov 2023 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IWantLobster
That sounds very cool, I’m guessing the orange-brown eyes are like supposed to mimic amber eyes, but, maybe I’m wrong about that.

It’s more red than yellow on the color spectrum, but yeah, it’s similar to amber! We gave it the elegant name of… rust. :D
Forum Resident
#9 Old 11th Nov 2023 at 6:37 AM
Blue, like the ocean, still. Peaceful. Isolated. Far away.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Nov 2023 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chamelea
It’s more red than yellow on the color spectrum, but yeah, it’s similar to amber! We gave it the elegant name of… rust. :D

Like the color of rusty leaves in Autumn
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Nov 2023 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
Blue, like the ocean, still. Peaceful. Isolated. Far away.

Blue like my corvette
Mad Poster
#12 Old 11th Nov 2023 at 2:23 PM
Maxis - gray. Oh wait - I hate Maxis flat eyes, I use a default. But I love my custom colors better, especially the blues. Have lots of alien, and love the "cat" eye.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 11th Nov 2023 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IWantLobster
Blue like my corvette

I like the recessive eye colours, just because they can pop up in later generations.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#14 Old 11th Nov 2023 at 3:56 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Nov 2023 at 3:11 PM.
I've got a set of default eyes I use on about 90% of sims, and must admit there's a lot of sims running around with dark blue and green eyes, because those are the ones I like the most from the set. They're my absolute favorite eye set, and definitely favorite eye colors.

I'm partial to the grey eyes in the set, too, so while I don't use them as much, I'll throw them in for variety. The light blue and brown in the set used to have washed-out pupils, which made them look a bit weird. I did some edits to them a while back, so now I use them a bit more.

There's also a non-default blue eye color I keep seeing on several of my story sims (had some trouble back when I was extracting some sims and several of them suddenly didn't have proper eyes - turned out I'd misplaced the set), so obviously that one is a favorite, too

I'd really like more brown/dark eyes, but I always struggle to find sets with darker eyes I like. I'm very picky about the eye sets I prefer (they need to have a "straight-ahead stare", but a lot of eye sets have a gaze to some or another direction, or they're too flat/squished, or have iffy whites for animated eye poses, or some other thing that bothers me for storytelling/pictures), and whenever I find one I like, there rarely are any good brown/dark ones in there (plenty of other colors, though). Maybe I just need to do some recolors, because so far I think there's only 3-4 sets I've come across that tick all boxes (except for color range).
Theorist
#15 Old 12th Nov 2023 at 9:19 AM
My favourite Sim eye colour would be the green that comes with the game. I particularly like it when it's combined with the S3(light brown) skin tone and black or brown hair. I think that's an overall very pleasing colour combination.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Instructor
#16 Old 12th Nov 2023 at 10:56 AM
I've had different eye default sets for as long as I've played and always made a shocking pink one. I love the absurdity and unrealism of shocking pink and it's my happy colour, so I like just looking at it. I've always made it recessive to all other eyecolours, though, because I love it more the rarer it gets in my game. Like Simsample, I also like how the recessives can pop up and surprise you after generations.

This time around I'm playing without eye defaults, just with the plain old Maxis eyes that I've never liked, and I've found I actually do like two of the Maxis colours after all: green and grey. They simply work.
Theorist
#17 Old 12th Nov 2023 at 5:31 PM
The recessive genes in Sims 2 are awesome. It's so fun to start with a Sim with, for example blond hair and grey eyes and all her children and grandchildren have black hair and brown eyes and then...suddenly, one of her great-grand children has blond hair and grey eyes just like her.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 15th Nov 2023 at 10:07 AM
Not important to me, for neither Sims nor real people.

It is the twinkle in the eye that appeals to me