Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2023 at 1:42 AM
Default Big Brother 2000 - Challenge
I know there are a few Big Brother challenges out there, but I´ve always wanted to make my own. Inspired by my first interpretation of the show back in 2000. I am currently setting up this challenge, and how not yet made the house or the guests. I am first setting the ground rules and how the weekly play-through will work. If I see any potential to this I might make it into a " day by day" or weekly photo story, but for now I am curious to see if people find the challenge interesting. The challenge might be very static for some, as you are watching your sims a lot, so I would love more input on how the player can control.. without controlling too much.

Big Brother 2000 – Challenge (Sims 4)

Big Brother is a reality show where 8 (or more) sims (houseguests) live in an surveilled house for 8 weeks. The goal of the competition is to build relations with the other guests and win
the weekly challenges to gain points. Every Saturday the two guests with the lowest scores are nominated for elimination the next day. On Sunday the nominated guest with the lowest score is eliminated and have to leave the house immediately.

-

Set up - contestants

• At least 8 guests (10 or 12 if you are using a household mod)
• 50/50 male and female guests (2 adult and 2 Y/A of each gender)
Feel free to add other genders, and use different orientations.
• Guests will have one positive, one neutral and one negative trait each
Example: Charismatic (positive), vegetarian (neutral), lazy (negative)

-

Contest rules

• Make sure to do this challenge on a save were this is your only playable household Each game week consists of 7 days (Monday – Sunday)
• Free will must be on at ALL times
• Every Sunday is elimination day. Two guests will be nominated for elimination on Saturday (Feel free to adjust this number along with the number on contestants)
• The guests will be ranked on how well their relationship is with the others, number of skill points and how they perform in challenges. The guest that has the lowest score at the end of the week is eliminated.
• Every week there will be a daily and a weekly skill building challenge, where the guests can win prizes for the group or immunity. The weekly challenge is a group challenge were the score and prize is revealed on Saturday. The daily challenge is for guests to win immunity for themselves.
• The house should not have a bookcase, PC and TV (No contact with the outer world).
• A stereo and music is only aloud at party nights (Themed Tuesdays and Fridays).
• The house bar is open every day, but only after 6 pm (except Fridays, when it’s open from 12 pm).
• Eliminated guests will move into an own house in the neighborhood. You are not allowed to visit this house or the eliminated guests. Story mode must be on.

Alt rules:
• For a “juicier” gameplay and to make sure there are some adult drama, you might be able to use flirt, kiss or woohoo on the two sims that have the highest relationship score with each other each week (depending on their orientation!). This should happen on Friday, at the party. If a relationship is higher with another contestant the next week, then… drama!

-

Points and scores

Every Saturday two guests will be nominated for Sunday’s elimination, based on relationship status and their amount of skill points.

How to count the total weekly score:
-2 points if last on another contestant’s friend list
+2 points if first on another contestant’s friend list
+1 point to every flirty relationship
+2 points for every 5 skill points gained (round up from 3)
Wednesday’s immunity winner can’t be nominated or eliminated

(Keeping a document tracking your contestants scores might be a good idea!)

-

The game week

Monday: Weekly house challenge starts

A weekly challenge is given to the whole house, where the prize (if completed) will be revealed on Saturday. The challenge might be tending to plants, achieving a total score of skill points or finishing tasks. The prize can be a dinner buffet, a game for the house, an extra party or something else of the Game Master´s choosing.

Tuesdays: Themed Tuesday

Every Tuesday the house will have a “theme”, including decorations, music, food and a suitable activity (this can be an leisure object added just for the day). From 6 pm the bar will be open and there will be themed music (as best you can find).
Ideas for themes: Hawaiian, cowboy, horror, fantasy (Harry Potter?), 70´s/80´s/90´s, black and white (or another color), playboy, carnival, culture day

Wednesdays: Immunity challenge – skill building competiton

From 12 pm 6 pm all guests will take part in a skill building competition for one particular skill. This might be body building, instruments, singing etc. (changing every week). The guest with the most skill points made after the competition is over wins immunity and cannot be nominated or eliminated the upcoming weekend. If it´s a tie it´s sudden death time, for 3 hours.

Thursdays: Day off

On this day the contestants will be doing whatever they want. Hoping they make the best of it. The perfect time for the Game Master to eat, watch tik-tok videos or make a phone call.

Friday: Party time

On Friday’s all guests are encouraged to bring out their inner party animal. The bar will be open from 12 am, the guest with the highest musical score is allowed a free guitar session to impress (anyone can play by free will), there will be stereo music and a group dance.

Saturday: Nomination day

Weekly challenge is revealed at 12 pm. Did the guests make the challenge and win a prize?

From 12 pm all guests will be locked into the interview room for 1 hour each. At 10 pm the two contestants with the lowest weekly score will be revealed and up for elimination the next day. If the guests are hungry, need to go to the toilet or are tired will in here.. too bad for them!

Sunday: Elimination day

The two guests that were nominated on Saturday evening will have their last chance to build relations or skills before elimination at 10 pm. The contestant with the lowest ranking will be eliminated.
The Game Master will be able to choose three friendly conversations for both guests, as a last resort.

Monday (week) 6: One eliminated guest will return from the elimination house (exception is the eliminated contestant of week 5).
This will be the guest that has the overall best relations with the eliminated guests, as well as the most skill points (use the point system like normal).

-

The game master

You, the player, is Big Brother (The game master). You can however NOT, at any time, turn of the guests free will. The guests will be doing “their thing” for most of the time.

The exceptions;
- Every Sunday the eliminated guests will be given three friendly conversations, that you can decide for them
- If there is a specifically timed competition, you may pause the game and make all contestants start a task simultaneously (ex: Who can work out on a treadmill the longest). But if they quit, they quit.
- On Friday’s you can make the two guests with the strongest relationship flirt, kiss and woohoo, but only ONCE for each interaction. (Only goes for guests with the same orientation).

-

The house

The Big Brother house will be built on a lot with concrete walls surrounding it. There should be NO ENTRANCE to the outside world. You can either build the house yourself or download an existing house (just make sure it applies to the rules).

The house should consist of:

• Two bedrooms with 1 double bed and 2 singles each (4 beds in each room).
You can put the singles together to make them look like a double, but only one pair in each room are allowed some spooning
• An open area with a living room/kitchen in one, consisting of;
- A large seating area with sofa space for all guests
- A kitchen with a dinner table that has one chair for all guests
- One guitar (there´s always that one entertainer, right?)
- One leisure activity like foosball/dart/pool table.
- One gym equipment
• One bathroom with one shower and one separate toilet inside
• An outdoor area with a small pool and a jacuzzi, some seating and a large open area for contest equipment (that will be added and removed as the challenges are on)
• Large mirrors in all rooms (behind these are the cameras)
• A small interview room with a chair in front of a mirror (camera)
• The house should have no TV’s, bookcases or computer. No contact to the outer world. The stereo will only be available on Tuesdays and Fridays.
• The living area will have a bar, but it can only be accessible after 6 pm every day, except Fridays from 12 pm. (Tip: Make a fence around the bar went not accessible)
• Optional: If you, like me, want some more realism to the lot you can build a TV studio with a stage for interviews and some seating for the audience.

*My rules and ideas are inspired by the early 2000’s versions of the show, particularly here in Norway, so you might want to add your own twists to yours. This challenge is just supposed to be fun, with no real achievement but to see how sims cope with free relation, and who wins at it.

Here´s a tour of a 2023 Big Brother house for some inspiration:
https://www.housebeautiful.com/uk/l...-uk-house-2023/