Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

HoodReplace 2.3: Replace Neighborhood Terrain (Updated Jan 24, 2010)

by Mootilda Posted 31st Mar 2008 at 10:03 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 4:45 PM by Nysha

195 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 176 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 8
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#101 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 4:32 PM
I was referring to your wishlist item at the SimPE site. Which to be fair didn't begin as a wish :D

Where is a good place for you to talk directly to Peter about this? Do you want to continue in the existing thread at ambertation?

In fact I think he made a suggestion for something to try in that thread but you didn't come back about it?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Site Helper
Original Poster
#102 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 2:05 PM
Sorry about not checking out the thread again... I thought that you had completely rejected the idea. I'll check out the thread at ambertation and we can continue the conversation there. Thanks for the heads up!
Field Researcher
#103 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 10:13 AM Last edited by BlueSoup : 18th Dec 2008 at 11:45 AM.
Is the M&G compatibility known yet?

Edit to Add: I tried it and it works just fine with M&G.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#104 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 4:25 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 15th May 2009 at 9:25 PM.
Thanks for checking. Somehow, by the time that I installed Mansion & Garden, this program had dropped off my radar. I've updated the original post.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#105 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 2:35 AM
I've noticed that this program doesn't seem to recognize the sub-neighborhoods from an AnyGame, I realize that you don't have to make the two programs compatible, but would you be willing to look into why the subhoods aren't recognized? I find this quite the nifty program, but its really annoying to have to drag all my files around into the full game to do my 'hood replacin' and then put them back where they were originally.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#106 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 12:45 PM
Sure. I'll take a look at that.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#107 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 9:07 PM
Upon further investigation, it seems the problem is that you can't navigate to a subhood, even with the regular game in the regular location. Hitting the browse button only looks for the regular neighborhood. I did manage to get around that problem by temporarly renaming my subhood to its parent neighborhood's name and the program worked just fine doing it that way.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#108 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 10:06 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 2nd Jan 2009 at 11:29 PM.
Just an oversight on my part. The ability to browse was written fairly quickly in response to a request and I wasn't thinking about subneighborhoods at the time. Should be a fairly easy fix.

[Update:] OK, version 1.3.2 is now available. The Browse button should now allow selection of subneighborhoods.
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 8:21 AM
ok i have read 75% og the replys and i see how you can add roads and the lots might need to be replaced on to the terrain from a floating state. and it mostly replys to changes of the same hood pleasantview to new pleasantview but has anyone tried pleasantview to riverblossom or a custumhood. i DL the uber hood so all the sims would be in one place but i want to change the mainhood to one i created that i am now forced to use as a subhood? i just want a heads up before i waste time and risk game explosion i have reinstalled seven times so i ask before i test now

don't call me stupid i am just really cautious
Site Helper
Original Poster
#110 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 5:30 PM
There is no problem changing any terrain for any other terrain, no matter how different they are. Here are some suggestions:

Be sure to backup your neighborhoods and keep the backups until you are sure that everything is working as expected.

Be sure to copy the roads along with the terrain. Otherwise, you will certainly get roads which are in the air or underground.

You may find that the game deforms the terrain when you start moving the lots. This is not a problem. Just move the lots and then repeat the whole process: use HoodReplace to copy the terrain again, move the lots again. Depending upon the terrain and lot locations, you may need to do this a couple of times, but each time through you should find that the new terrain is less deformed.
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 8:05 AM
you are a god sent i appreciate your patience in your response
Test Subject
#112 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 8:55 PM
Thanks!
Instructor
#113 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 6:12 AM Last edited by girlfromverona : 4th Mar 2009 at 7:34 AM.
I'm looking forward to trying this out! I've been wanting to add roads to my town. Thanks for sharing!

EDIT: Ok, I've just had a go at this and have come across a problem. I untick all the boxes apart from Roads, then click Copy, but somehow all the boxes then retick themselves! Meaning that all my 'hood decorations and trees disappear. (Fortunately I had a backup so nothing was lost.) Anyone else have this problem? I have all EPs and Stuff Packs, including AL, so this could be the cause...
Site Helper
Original Poster
#114 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 2:25 PM
This should not happen. Do you do things in this order:

- Select the "from" neighborhood
- Select the "to" neighborhood
- Select the elements that you want to copy
- Click on the Copy button

The checkboxes are reset when you select a neighborhood.
Instructor
#115 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 11:31 PM
Hmmm. I thought I did it in that order but I'll give it another try a bit later and let you know! Thanks for the quick response.
Test Subject
#116 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 4:45 PM
I have the same problem as girlfromverona. When I tried to copy roads only I'd lost the decorations and trees. Vice versa when I'll uncheck the roads copy box and check trees and decos only it'll nevertheless overwrite the roads.
Of course I used the order Mootilda mentioned, but so far I'm not able to overwrite ONLY the trees and decos without loosing the existing infrastructure.

Any more suggestions?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#117 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 11:02 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 14th Mar 2009 at 12:51 AM.
Default Alternate Download Location
As a download alternative, I have uploaded HoodReplace to MATY:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,14630.0.html

You can download there, but please feel free to continue to comment here, if you find the environment at MATY too hostile.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#118 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 11:08 PM
girlfromverona and Solarion1201,

I can't imagine what's wrong. I would be happy to take a look at your neighborhoods and try to figure it out. If you can find somewhere to upload, please give me links to your "from" and "to" neighborhood packages (I don't need any of the subfolders, which should keep the size down quite a bit), along with a description of what you're trying to accomplish and I'll take a look at what HoodReplace is doing internally.

Thanks for your patience.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#119 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 9:06 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 14th Mar 2009 at 12:49 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by girlfromverona
I've just had a go at this and have come across a problem. I untick all the boxes apart from Roads, then click Copy, but somehow all the boxes then retick themselves! Meaning that all my 'hood decorations and trees disappear. (Fortunately I had a backup so nothing was lost.) Anyone else have this problem? I have all EPs and Stuff Packs, including AL, so this could be the cause...
Quote: Originally posted by Solarion1201
I have the same problem as girlfromverona. When I tried to copy roads only I'd lost the decorations and trees. Vice versa when I'll uncheck the roads copy box and check trees and decos only it'll nevertheless overwrite the roads.
Yes, you're right. There's a bug in the latest version of HoodReplace (2.0). I'll fix it and try to get you a new version today.

[Update:]

New version 2.1 available now.

Thanks to girlfromverona and Solarion1201 for reporting this bug and special thanks to Solarion1201 for being persistent.
#120 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 7:38 PM
"New version 2.1 available now."

Thanks.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 7:27 PM
Thanks, this program saved my 'hood just now.
Test Subject
#122 Old 8th May 2009 at 12:56 PM
Default Hoodreplace
When I click on the browse button and then click on continue it doesn't show up anything, just a empty list. Have I missed something?
Screenshots
Site Helper
Original Poster
#123 Old 8th May 2009 at 5:58 PM
The operating system is having problems finding the SimPE DLLs which were included in the zip file.

Do you have .NET installed correctly?

Have you unzipped all of the files in the zip file and copied them to a directoy on your hard drive? The operating system cannot find DLLs which are still inside of the zip file, and prefers if the DLLs are in the same directory as the EXE.

Are you running the EXE from this directory? If not, you need to make sure that your shortcut has the "Start in" directory pointing to the directory which contains the DLLs.

Are you running Vista? Some people have had problems with Vista, probably because of specific settings. Unfortunately, I don't have Vista and can't tell you which settings might be incorrect.
Instructor
#124 Old 10th May 2009 at 3:48 AM
Thanks for updating! I finally got around to installing the new version and everything works great now. This is such a helpful tool. :D
Test Subject
#125 Old 13th May 2009 at 12:17 PM Last edited by lizzie88 : 13th May 2009 at 5:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
The operating system is having problems finding the SimPE DLLs which were included in the zip file.

Do you have .NET installed correctly?

Have you unzipped all of the files in the zip file and copied them to a directoy on your hard drive? The operating system cannot find DLLs which are still inside of the zip file, and prefers if the DLLs are in the same directory as the EXE.

Are you running the EXE from this directory? If not, you need to make sure that your shortcut has the "Start in" directory pointing to the directory which contains the DLLs.

Are you running Vista? Some people have had problems with Vista, probably because of specific settings. Unfortunately, I don't have Vista and can't tell you which settings might be incorrect.

Thank you, now it's working , btw I did an exact copy of twikkii island and the water is crystal blue. but it's not bright at night like on the twikkii island. something I can do about it?
Page 5 of 8