Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 5:08 PM
Default New clothing: Wavy Belle
This is a mesh made by Lianaa.
I recolored it and want to upload it. As I have never uploaded clothing on MTS before, I'd like some feedback.
This is the screenshot I want to upload with it. Would this be accepted like this?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 5:54 PM
Very pretty, I like the colours you've chosen. You may want to choose some more colours as well. Have no idea about whether it's suitable for upload here tho.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 6:26 PM
Thank you, Karen!
I really love the blue :p

Also I wondered whether the way of taking the screenshot is good (besides MTS's policy)

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 6:40 PM
Why not take a look at how some of the other creators compose their shots?

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 9:15 PM
I did base it on other creator's shots. Not only creators from MTS.
And then I gave it my own style.

I just wanted an opinion on that style.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 1:34 PM
IMO, the screenshot is a bit bitty. On the back view, her legs are very jagged against the background. What are your graphics settings like? Also, I see it's a JPG file, and in my experience that file format does tend to reduce image quality. Can you take a picture in PNG format?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 5:44 PM
Would it be better to take a screenshot on a computer with a much better graphic card? Or will that not make any difference?

But my question before was really wheter the way of taking the screenshot is good (besides MTS policy), it was not about the quality of the picture.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 5:47 PM
Look at the Creator Guidelines for clothing. If this matches, go ahead and make your thread in Creator Issues. If they think the pic needs work, you'll get feedback, and you'll know exactly what you need to do.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 5:59 PM
As I said (in my last post) I wanted an opinion on the screenshot besides MTS.
I want an opinion of other creators and simmers. Not an opinion of MTS.

I looked at the tutorials to save the screenshot and they all say to save it into JPG like I did with this one.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 6:26 PM
Instead of taking the picture on a different computer with a better graphics card, you could see if your current computer will allow you to increase the graphics setting just while you take a screenshot. That's what I do - when I lay, I usually I use medium textures, no shadows, no reflections, neighbours or neighbourhood deco, but when I screencap stuff for download, it all gets switched up.

Also, you can save it in a different file format, but then the size limit is 150kb. But saying that, I've found that if I save the original picture in PNG and then convert it to JPG, the quality is much nicer than if I save the original file in JPG. But that could just be FRAPs using a different form of compression than Paintshop Pro.

I don't know if it will allowed now, but it can't hurt to play around and see if you can improve it.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 7:10 PM
I have two computers so I can try the other one with a better graphic card to see if it makes a difference.

I'll save it into png but how can I convert it? Is it as easy as saving it to JPG in Paint?

Field Researcher
#12 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 9:43 AM
As for the picture:
I find the three colours (first floor, second floor and wall) quiet confusing, as well as the sims in the background on the chairs.
In my opinion, putting the wall closer behind your model sim, would make the dress the center of focus.

As for the dress:
You got a great base, but you need to add shadows. Especially everywhere where the dress meets the sims' skin.

Best regards

Please feel free to correct me, if I make mistakes. I want to improve my English. Thanks! - My website
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#13 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 10:02 AM
ShineShine is correct. Using a plain background will maximise the amount of detail visible on the dress. It is how jpg works.

The dress needs highlights and shading - I think you have already been pointed to the Tutorials and Guidelines that will help you.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Mad Poster
#14 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I have two computers so I can try the other one with a better graphic card to see if it makes a difference.

I'll save it into png but how can I convert it? Is it as easy as saving it to JPG in Paint?

It is, yes.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 11:51 AM
So I take a print screen, save it to gimp or photoshop into PNG. Then open it in paint and then save it to JPG.
That's indeed easy. I'll do that.

Thanks!

Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: old - will re-open if requested