Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 7:01 PM
Default Free Time Patch is finally here!
Nope it is not an April 1st joke... the german Sims2 site has a patch for free time.

(They posted it March 31st, but I just saw it.)

It's here: http://www.diesims.de/files.list.asp?id=583

edit: found a translation from the fixes from German to English:

- Sims will now remember which side of the bed is theirs to sleep on.
- Crash will no longer occur when users attempt to load another lot while associating a neighborhood using the Advanced Neighborhood Options panel.
- "Neon Flamingo" is no longer missing from Buy Mode.
- In Audio Options, Custom Station icon no longer blocks the Stop button.
- University Service NPCs are now able to join a dance contest in a Secret Hobby lot if they are not on the job.
- Sims will no longer pop back onto the screen when Sims walk to a Secret Hobby Lot.
- "Electrono-Ticket Machine" will now correctly turn off when you move a Home Business lot into the Lots and Houses Bin.
- Saved lots with an in progress dance contest will now reset correctly when placed into the Lots and Houses Bin.
- Sims can now watch UFOs with the "Astrowonder Telescope".
- Sims can no longer mark items for sale on top of the "Upright Pottery Wheel by QuicKraft".
- Iconic Hobbyist NPCs can now be reached by telephone after meeting them.
- "Socialus Butterfly" can now be caught for the Bug Collection.
- Sims will no longer teleport when you cancel the walk home interaction in a community lot.
- Primp interaction is no longer missing from the game.
- First woohoo memory will now occur when Sims woohoo for the first time in a tent.
- The reduced bladder effect from the "ShowMeOff Rack of Glory" will now trigger correctly when Sims are in range.
- Career outfits are now hidden in Create-A-Family.
- Sims reading a book from the cooking genre will now correctly gain Cuisine Enthusiasm.
- Preoccupation will now work correctly at level 10.
- Pets will no longer chew or scratch cribs if they are in use.
- Garden Club members are now treated as townies.
- “Afhairmediumcenterpart” hair will now appear correctly in Create-A-Family.
- "Carefree Koi Pond by Simulated Life" no longer displays an environment score.
- Teen and Child Sims will no longer receive the unachievable Bird Watch Want.
- College Grades in German, French, Polish, and Brazilian Portuguese is now displayed correctly.
- The Sims 2 FreeTime credit section has been correctly updated.
- Violin Tip Jar will no longer cause an unusable tile after being picked up.
- Child Sims will no longer pop when asked to "Clean Up" the juice tray.
- Vampire Sim can no longer receive a Want to turn Bigfoot into a Vampire.
- Using the Draft Scene interaction will no longer apply a sketch filter to in-game camera snapshots.
- Parents and their children no longer have the option to flirt with each other.
- Motive decay on the "H-O-R-S-E of course Basket Ball Hoop", "The Goal of Paul", "Teeny Tikes Activity Table", and "One Man's Junk Car from Mechanically Minded" objects and Go Hiking interaction has been returned.
- "Basic Blue" and "Gripping Green" wallpapers will now appear in Build Mode.
- Sims will no longer receive a phone call for magazine subscription at level 2 Hobby Enthusiasm.
Advertisement
#2 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 7:14 PM
Yay! Can't wait to get this installed!

Thanks for the link
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 8:23 PM
Thank god for that last one.
#4 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 8:33 PM
This is fantastical! It's just a shame they have to make all these problems before they release EPs...
Alchemist
#5 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 9:09 PM
I thought they would have fixed the unusable showers in the arts and crafts hobby lot...!! Did anyone else notice you can't use them? The way they are placed in the corner makes them unusable and so your Sim will just complain that he can't access it.
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
I thought they would have fixed the unusable showers in the arts and crafts hobby lot...!! Did anyone else notice you can't use them? The way they are placed in the corner makes them unusable and so your Sim will just complain that he can't access it.

I hadn't noticed that, but I guess that is more a sloppy building mistake than a bug. It's dumb though.

I think the only solution to the problem would be to enable buy/build (with insim or boolProp) and make it usable yourself.
Alchemist
#7 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 10:17 PM
Everytime I click on the link to download it on the German site it says "This page cannot be displayed."

I want the patch, damnit!
Theorist
#8 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 10:21 PM
You can download the patch from Infinite Sims:
http://www.infinitesims.com/compone...347/Itemid,737/

I'm too afraid to actually install it. *remembers the Pets patch fiasco*
Alchemist
#9 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 10:23 PM
Uh oh, now I'm scared to install it. What was the Pets patch fiaso?
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 10:25 PM
I installed it this afternoon, played with it until an hour ago.. no problems noticed, nothing like the pets fiasco.

(I assume the pets patch fiasco had something to do with peoples games crashing after installing it.. and the roofslopeangle cheat didn't work etc.. it was not a good patch to say it mildly.)
Theorist
#11 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 10:26 PM
The Pets patch if I remember correctly did much more harm than good and went through three versions. The patch of a patch of that patch! In my game it also caused a graphical glitch where putting the farmland and wildflower decorations would overlap with a lot instead of having parts of it disappear under the lot like it originally did. Celebration Stuff just had to shove the Pets patch down my throat.
Alchemist
#12 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 10:27 PM
Ah. =/

Well when someone installs it and plays, let me know how it is. I don't want my game to explode.
Alchemist
#13 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 10:33 PM
It's funny because in my game, I don't really notice anything that requires the patching. Maybe if hobby leaders didn't phone you so often, or if you didn't lose hobby enthusiasm so fast, then I'd install it. The only thing I'd really want it for is "- First woohoo memory will now occur when Sims woohoo for the first time in a tent." Because I had that error happening last night.
But it's just not worth it yet!!
Forum Resident
#14 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 1:23 AM
It's now up on the English site as well. :]
Honestly, I didn't even notice most of the things they listed as being fixed. And I don't want the career outfits to be hidden now! Maybe if the reduced the amount of hobby spam...
#15 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 1:34 AM
i installed the patch and it said, error you may need to reinstall sims! i just put h&m on it and it was acting odd the mailman wouldn't leave the mail box he kept going to the mail box and and trying to put mail in and and doing that over and over like the energizer bunny. going and going. he didn't leave either!
Inventor
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by squzalkitty
i installed the patch and it said, error you may need to reinstall sims!

Sorry to hear. Did you take your downloads out before installing the patch?

(To be honest, I forgot to take my downloads out.. but I haven't got any problems.. maybe my game is just lucky that way.. I hardly have trouble.)
#17 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 8:06 AM
Some of the townies don't seem in the phone book, and not possible to call them. They didn't fix that.
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 1:04 PM
i installed the patch and it said, error you may need to reinstall sims!

I got the same message, though I haven't had the chance to test if anything is borked in the actual gameplay (my neighborhood is still being built). Downloads and everything else seems to be fine so far.

Please report if more people got this and how/if it affected their game. :/

We are surrounded by things we cannot see - things we cannot see, until we start looking for them.
Scholar
#19 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsgirl2
Some of the townies don't seem in the phone book, and not possible to call them. They didn't fix that.

There is a fix for that http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=55412
#20 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 2:17 PM
Quote:
Career outfits are now hidden in Create-A-Family.

Which outfits are considered work outfits? I'm just curious because nothing really seemed like it was just a "work" outfit to me was that outfit from the Entertainer career that looks like a circus outfit.

Quote:
Preoccupation will now work correctly at level 10.

What does this mean? I couldn't figure it out.
#21 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 3:09 PM
good i really missed that neon flamingo lol
i searched once 10 minutes for it and didn't found it so, yeah; very good patch
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#22 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 4:54 PM
They didn't fix the broken hobby lot for dance. Sometimes you can get one or two competitions in before the DJ errors out. I wish they would have given us an easier way of editing those hobby lots (or creating our own). MATY has a tutorial on it, but it's long and somewhat perplexing for me. lol

Fixed the 'primp' interaction. *snort* First they broke it then they fixed it with a prior patch..then they broke it again and now it's supposedly fixed again.

ETA: and they STILL have not fixed the OFB problem with assigning work clothes. I guess we will continue to live with the morphing faces.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#23 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 5:29 PM
i installed the patch and it said, error you may need to reinstall sims! i just put h&m on it and it was acting odd the mailman wouldn't leave the mail box he kept going to the mail box and and trying to put mail in and and doing that over and over like the energizer bunny. going and going. he didn't leave either!

Quote: Originally posted by Succy
I got the same message, though I haven't had the chance to test if anything is borked in the actual gameplay (my neighborhood is still being built). Downloads and everything else seems to be fine so far.

Please report if more people got this and how/if it affected their game. :/

Please utilize the Game Help section at MTS2 if you are having issues - this is not the place for it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Alchemist
#24 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
It's funny because in my game, I don't really notice anything that requires the patching. Maybe if hobby leaders didn't phone you so often, or if you didn't lose hobby enthusiasm so fast, then I'd install it. The only thing I'd really want it for is "- First woohoo memory will now occur when Sims woohoo for the first time in a tent." Because I had that error happening last night.
But it's just not worth it yet!!

I never download patches unless I'm having problems and as yet I haven't had any
Forum Resident
#25 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 6:05 PM
I installed the patch earlier, just opened my game now. Wish it wouldn't reset the custom content thing, gotta restart the game now. *hopefully* this new patch hasn't messed anything major up.
Page 1 of 3