Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 9:36 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I have almost solved purple flashing issue on my Win10
Okay, so I’ve tried basically EVERY trick, and nothing has worked for pink/purple issue on Win10. But now, I decided to try win7 compatibility mode. Using it meant that 4gb patch stopped working and there was only 1000 something memory. Very simple solution, BUT the game worked better than ever!!!
Game was open 8 hours straight and I played many lots and no purple for a long time. Usually I can open only one or two lots before purple issue starts and to play only 1,5 hours straight. Now it took much longer to see purple and it was only on one lot and even it showed up, game did not crash.

So now I am wondering is there any way to use compatibility mode (win7) AND to use 4gb patch at the same time?
Because I am almost certain, it would solve rest of the purple issue in my case.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 9:47 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 29th Jun 2021 at 5:07 PM.
If your game is stable, doesn't crash, and doesn't pink-flash in compatiblilty mode, then technically your game doesn't seem to need the patch, at least not for the moment.

----

Just out of curiosity, have you edited your GraphicRules file with the old version (1.0.0) of GraphicRulesMaker? The old one had a bug that caused pink soup, especially with newer graphic cards. The new version (2.0.0) has a tick box that says "Disable texture memory estimate adjustment" and if you tick this one when setting up GraphicRules, that particular problem may be solved.

It is also possible this bug is present with various tweaked versions of GraphicRules files found elsewhere, in case you've downloaded a presumably fixed file.

If you don't want to do GRM again, you can find the manual fix in point #2 in Episims' list of tweaks, here:
https://episims.tumblr.com/post/190...-helped-me-with

I had the pink soup issue (even without CC - entire lots would flash pink for no apparent reason), but added the line manually, and this fixed the issue immediately for me.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 11:33 PM
Unfortunately no, setting compatibility mod removes the 4 BG patch.

If you are on a Nivdea card you can try setting smooth edges to your card rather than in game.
https://celebkiriedhel.tumblr.com/tagged/NVidia

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 7:51 AM
I wonder what is a technical reason for 4gb patch not working in compatibility mode? I am also thinking if there is any other similar programs available that add memory for games in general that I could try.
There still is little bit a purple if I keep the game open long time or play multiple lots and I would like to get rid of it completely even it is not crashing the game for now.

I am using newest graphic rules maker, but I am not sure if I ticked ”disable texture memory estimate adjustment”. I have to check that out later today.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 9:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by karlakoo
I wonder what is a technical reason for 4gb patch not working in compatibility mode? I am also thinking if there is any other similar programs available that add memory for games in general that I could try.
There still is little bit a purple if I keep the game open long time or play multiple lots and I would like to get rid of it completely even it is not crashing the game for now.

I am using newest graphic rules maker, but I am not sure if I ticked ”disable texture memory estimate adjustment”. I have to check that out later today.

You didn't say if you have a NVIDEA card or not, but another trick for them is to open your Graphic Rules file and find "createNVidiaWorkaroundTexture " and then add this one line below "boolProp disableTexMemEstimateAdjustment true"

I have done a lot of small things that help the pink but I am not free of it and I find if I start pushing 14 gigs of content or use certain content (Better nightlife is one) I will get it back with a vengeance.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~