Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 12:21 PM
Default It's out!! So what's it like?
Is it any good? Is it an open world like Sims 3? Is it easy to run more than one family at a time? (Or do the un-played ones age behind your back?) And what are they really like? Do they have faces like over-filled water-balloons or can you actually make them look like humans? Is there weather? Pets? Toddlers? ...etc?

I kept up with the propaganda for a while, but then gave up, thinking it would probably be Chistmastime before we ever saw it on the shelves, so I've probably missed a few news-releases.

I'm still undecided about buying. I'm much bigger on Sims 2 than I ever was on Sims 3. I tend to run whole neighborhoods at a time, with everybody inter-connected, and that is impossible to do when un-played sims are aging the whole time you're trying to get their kids to start families and progress in their jobs. Either you're jumping back and forth from household to household to keep everybody on the same time-line, or else you get horrible little messages telling you that so-and-so has DIED because you weren't paying attention to that particular sim at that particular time. Ugh. That is something I never liked about Sims 3.

Anyways, enough about me: Details, details, people!! We're all dying to know what is good and bad about Sims 4!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 12:48 PM
Not meaning to be rude but you must be living under a rock. The whole closed world, no toddlers, babies as ugly objects, no weather, no cars has been ranted on for weeks. My own OP is that it's an over priced cut back causal game. Nothing like the Sims 2 but more like 3 except it's full of loading screens. I'm sure it's got it good points, I think the sims look better and the roofing tool looks cool as does the movable windows, but as a family player I have no interest in it. Maybe when it gets cheap and they add in toddlers it might be okay as a causal game. That's just my opinion, some people like it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 1:40 PM
Moving to Discussion (where there’s already 438695430 other threads about the game), as this is really not a Help topic.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 7:42 PM
If you're being serious...

Just by your description, I think you'd like it. You can do rotational play again, build mode was overhauled, and the sims themselves look amazing. No toddlers though, and you can't edit the neighborhood, only the lots in it. And the jobs are really awful.

My personal opinion? I love it! I really wasn't expecting much, especially with all the cut features (and boy are there cut features), but imo it is every bit as fun to play as the previous games. I don't mean to sound like I work for EA, but this kind of showed me that the fun-ness of a game doesn't always rely on how many features it has.

you mean you don't lust after death? you don't wanna go on a romantic cruise to hell with death? you don't wanna give death an oil massage?