Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Carina SpotLight" Modular Stairs

by Numenor Posted 10th Oct 2006 at 1:12 PM - Updated 12th Oct 2006 at 7:21 AM by Numenor : Added info for the Q-Xpress users

110 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 104 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 5
Scholar
#26 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 5:36 PM
Hihihi yes genius is ageless ! And again Numenor it's a wonderful work !!! I'm speechless...

BRAVO !
Space Pony
#27 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 5:55 PM
These are very cool. They are indeed great for outside.
Test Subject
#28 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 5:58 PM Last edited by FoxtailEVE : 10th Oct 2006 at 6:01 PM. Reason: i'm stupid?
Fantastic! as always.
*hugs n kisses*

E: sorry if this is obvious.. i take it the recolours go in the 'main' downloads folder?
Test Subject
#29 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 6:27 PM
GREAT!!! Great job, nice idea

FOR COOL
CARS
VISIT
SITE
Field Researcher
#30 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 6:28 PM
Brilliant Work
What a most clever and brilliant imagination you have to put lights
On the stairs` As crocobaura Said - Will be good used outside as well.
Thank you so much for this wonderful treasure`’

*´)
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Platinum*¨)¸;*
Test Subject
#31 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 6:48 PM
*stares*
A wise man once said ''You only need only imagination and a clever mind to take over the world..!'' I wonder what would he say about you, lol
Anywho, great work
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FoxtailEVE
i take it the recolours go in the 'main' downloads folder?

Yes, the recolours go into the main Downloads folder; I should have mentioned it.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Space Pony
#33 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 7:09 PM
OMG - you are genius !! Those stairs are superdooper awesome ! *clap* *clap*

Thanx so much for sharing. *bighug*

Silvi
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 7:19 PM
totally dudified

Life is like toast! Sometimes its golden and sometimes its burnt. Now go make me some toast- thats an order.
Whilst you was distracted by toast, I took over the world. Yes now you must make me some toast because I'm the queen.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 7:32 PM Last edited by Sizza : 10th Oct 2006 at 7:46 PM. Reason: Extra praise
Wow! This is a fantastic idea. It'll give the house more personality and coziness( is that a word). Thank you for making this
5 stars aren't enough to discribe you'r brillance!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#36 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 7:36 PM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 10th Oct 2006 at 7:50 PM.
Now, if Numenor could only clone himself or make his Sims into modders too...then we could have more amazing things like this a multiple of the time faster (while the real Numenor sits back, relaxes and takes all the credit). Thank you.

If I may ask, how well does the light work with the Radiance System mods? I know some lights work great and some lights are considered "broken". Also, does this support transparencies (such as for glass stairs)?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 8:07 PM
As for the Radiance, look with your own eyes: the screenshots have been taken with the Radiance 2.2 installed.

Regarding the transparency, there are not object that support it and other that don't support it: it's up to you to create a "glass" recolour Only, you can make a recolour for the entire wooden part, not single sections of it. I don't know the details of the UVmapping: we should ask Chrissy, since she is the creator of this wonderful mesh :D

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 8:12 PM
I really needed something like this on some of my sim's homes...half of them fall down the stairs when getting that late midnight snack! Thanks again for all those things you've make Numeror and Chrissy.

Check out my uploads here!
Feel free to email, PM, or IM me!
Forum Resident
#39 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 8:40 PM
Oh My GOOSH!!! This are excellent.. Love it!

Thank you for sharing,
Makai

Live Well
Laugh Often
Love Much

"If you don't live for something...You'll die for nothing.."
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#40 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 8:45 PM
Thank you for answering my questions. I have Radiance 2.1 now. I guess I should have asked whether you took the screenshots with 2.1 or 2.2; I am sorry about that. I'm not quite sure I understood "there are not object that support it and other that don't support it". Do you mean something along the lines of the steps may support transparencies but the railings may not? I'm really asking this with the hopes that someone else will make glass recolors (and maybe even a version that is invisible except for the lights--for special effects). My attempts at glass objects have turned out to be far from perfect to be quite honest. It is such a great-looking object: the more recolors; the better.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 9:41 PM
il Magnifico!

Tante grazie di nuovo!

I had the feeling that you'll surprise us with some amazing stairs.

I still wonder if Maxis didn't come up with the idea to consult you while devloping their next EP. They should have, and I really mean it!!!

I am sure you would have done wonders with workable round walls and real circular stairs.....

10000 Thanks,
Mausi
Forum Resident
#42 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 10:25 PM Last edited by Sizza : 10th Oct 2006 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Checking
I was just wondering. After I downloadewd this and the scriptonum thingie(and put them in the places that are described), I went into a existing family and it was really dark inside the house! And I mean DARK. I've never seen such darkness in the game and I think that either the scriptonium or these stairs are causing this. I deleted both and I'm gonna see if I ws right

Hmmm... nope. That's not it. It's still dark
Field Researcher
#43 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 11:21 PM
very nice..thank you! great job!!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 11:31 PM
THanks Numenor, not onlly is this a great item, but it's my maiden voyage with the scriptorium too!
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 11:44 PM
So cool...thank you!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sizza
I was just wondering. After I downloadewd this and the scriptonum thingie(and put them in the places that are described), I went into a existing family and it was really dark inside the house! And I mean DARK.

While installing the Scriptorium, you probably have clicked by mistake one of the Radiance options (the default installation keeps the original Maxis lights).

Run again the Scriptorium installer, and be sure that the "Original Maxis Lights" is checked.

Lab Assistant
#47 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 12:48 AM
As they say in Ohio..."You guys are ate up"! You come up with the damndest best creations imaginable.

Thank you.
Instructor
#48 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 1:04 AM
Thanks very much Numenor and Chrissy6930!
Dang! Now i have to redownload new Carina stairs, i had already downloaded the whole superset at TSR! But still, these are great thanks for your hard work!
Test Subject
#49 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 1:42 AM
I downloaded, located the normal downloads folder and modular stairs folder, but can't find a folder called Custom Lights. Probably my fault. Should I make one? Should it be in the same place as the mod stairs folder?
Test Subject
#50 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 1:49 AM
Thanks chrissy and Numenor these are great

One observation and a quick questions: when you choose "Download all above files with Q-Xpress" the .txt and .nlo files are not included.

Also, I have chrissy's carina stairs from TSR will this mesh allow you to use all the rails from the orginal set or will I have to keep both versions to have all the options?
Page 2 of 5