Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#701 Old 31st Jan 2024 at 6:25 PM
The eternal struggle of the postal couriers being jerky by not offering any help when you receive a heavy package. Then again, they are none too happy when I order heavy loads.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Theorist
#702 Old 1st Feb 2024 at 11:58 AM
This didn't ruin my day, but I am bummed out about it.

The person I spent the past couple of years ordering houseplants from online has shut down her business. That happened in October which I wasn't happy about, but she still had her You Tube channel and her site up so if I wanted to know something or had a plant problem, I could continue to use either one as a trusted resource. She has now shut down her YT channel and her website is just a single page thanking customers for their business over the years. All that is left is her Facebook page and all that is there are shorts or clips.

I understand why she's shutting everything down, but it still sucks. Now I have to try to find a new trust-worthy source. Between the crap that is all over the internet in general, then tossing in AI written bullshit that doesn't make sense to begin with... Meh.
Scholar
#703 Old 3rd Feb 2024 at 4:47 PM
Jinxed myself, probably.
Yesterday when I was hanging out with my mum I was like look my hands have deflated and overall better than last year and the year before! Woke up this morning to achey fingers and then they were basically sausages by the afternoon. Betrayed by my self once again.
Mad Poster
#704 Old 5th Feb 2024 at 5:05 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 5th Feb 2024 at 7:14 PM.
My throat has been hurting for a few days now, but I mostly feel fine otherwise.

Other than a baby with a slight hint of sniffles (the day before my throat started hurting), I have absolutely no idea who I've come into contact with the last couple weeks who were sick, since I've only been outside maybe one time and mostly around one other person who's perfectly fine...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#705 Old 6th Feb 2024 at 1:18 PM
Sore all over again.

That fall was unkind.

I should be careful to not let that happen again.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Theorist
#706 Old 7th Feb 2024 at 9:41 AM
This TEMU HAUL is OUT OF THIS WORLD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuuniyvVc0Q

Girl, nah. I'm not a therapist nor do I pretend to be one, but there is some serious shit going on here.

Don't tell me about how your channel isn't about compulsive hoarding and that you're only doing these things to show what items Temu has as some kind of service that nobody asked for while leaving a code in your info box because you're a Temu influencer who wants all that Temu 'seed' money as Temu calls it.

If people wanted to see what was on Temu, they could go visit the obnoxious website themselves. Temu is set up exactly like mobile games with flashing lights, mini games and all the things that keep people around so they'll spend money they don't have because they think they're getting a deal. Spend money and Temu will give you 'free' fish food for the digital fish that will die if you don't continue to spend more money.

Then there is the issue of chasing the YT algorithm which is leading to more hoarding. Nobody needs over 100 boxes of fake nails, mountains of diamond paintings that will never be finished, the countless handbags that you buy then complain about and the list goes on and on. There are plenty of other examples of people chasing the YouTube algorithm. We didn't have these issues when people made videos because they wanted to and it was a hobby versus today where it is all about chasing dollars.

When your mother tells you that you have a shopping problem and you have to sneak packages into the house while she's asleep, there are issues.

Quote:
Definition of Hoarding

Hoarding, also known as hoarding disorder and compulsive hoarding, is a serious psychological disorder where people accumulate a large number of belongings. People who hoard are called hoarders. Even when these objects have little to no value or are considered garbage by others, hoarders struggle to get rid of them.

People with hoarding disorder excessively save items that others may view as worthless. As a result, items are cluttered inside a home until rooms and furniture can no longer be used as intended. This can lead to unsafe and unsanitary conditions (including fire hazards and tripping hazards) for the hoarder, who may be unable to acknowledge and address their problem.

Hoarding may also lead to family strain and conflicts, isolation and loneliness, unwillingness to have anyone else enter the home, and an inability to perform daily tasks, such as cooking and bathing in the home.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/hoarding-5093362
Theorist
#707 Old 7th Feb 2024 at 11:26 AM
Not necessarily having to say anything about the contents of the video, but I do have some unsolicited advice, Gargoyle.
Theorist
#708 Old 7th Feb 2024 at 12:14 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 7th Feb 2024 at 1:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by topp
I've noticed your criticism to some tiktoks and youtube videos lately, and I'm feeling as if you've perhaps fallen victim to the algorithm. You see, the point of the algorithm is to keep you engaged – but not necessarily the good type of engagement. If some content makes your blood boil, you'll stay there until the very end, the creator will get their ¢0.00272 per view, but your guts will be left smoking from all the rage.

I have some return unsolicited advice.

For years I've been told that I must be angry if I'm critical of something ( or anything) around here. Unless you're sitting on my shoulder and somehow experience the blood boiling and so-called rage that you are accusing me off, I consider that a projection.

EDIT: I at least I didn't give the answer I always get which for some weird reason always involves drinking bottles of wine. I don't drink, it is strange advice.
Theorist
#709 Old 8th Feb 2024 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Unless you're sitting on my shoulder and somehow experience the blood boiling and so-called rage that you are accusing me off, I consider that a projection.
I'm not objecting to this! I definitely do have a tendency to perceive criticism online (of myself or others) as attacks, and I have a difficult time having a heated, but civil, argument IRL. I won't be the type of person that explodes, but my voice will be shaking and my heart rate peaking as I prefer to deal with things in a light-hearted way only (thru flowers and smiles and rainbows) – definitely something I've got to work on.

The distinction between anger and criticism to me is quite some food for thought I suppose.
Mad Poster
#710 Old 9th Feb 2024 at 7:53 PM
Got sent home from work (or rather got sent to hospital from work... and they billed me for using the work van!) because I fell over last week and landed on my shoulder. It's been getting increasingly painful as the days go on though so an x-ray was kinda necessary. I'm going on a work trip from tomorrow for a whole week so I was really worried I'd have to cancel. But it's fine, no broken bones - just a little muscle damage. I was sent home with a leaflet about shoulder exercises. I was tempted to go back to work and finish my shift, but I've also got a horrific sinus infection that I should probably nurse before we set off tomorrow morning. My nose is dripping like a tap, my eyes are swollen and I have an ear infection on one side. Of course I get ill now of all times!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#711 Old 11th Feb 2024 at 8:39 PM
My cat Gemini has been puking all morning and I'm afraid she's dying after all we could do to prolong the inevitable end of our little friend. She's still been peeing in the litter box, but not as much.

If she stops peeing, she is facing kidney shutdown and for me and my dad, this may be the last goodbye we give to the cat. We knew that she would eventually decline.

I'll keep you posted. My dad will be heartbroken. He earned her trust and vice versa.

Mad Poster
#712 Old 12th Feb 2024 at 10:40 PM
Can't stop coughing and wheezing. I feel bad because I'm at a hotel and the walls are really thin. I'm pretty sure everyone in the neighbouring rooms (and further) can hear me hacking up my lungs all night long.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#713 Old 13th Feb 2024 at 12:04 AM
I hope you feel better really soon, @Bigsimsfan12 ! *Hugs*
Mad Poster
#714 Old 17th Feb 2024 at 1:24 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 17th Feb 2024 at 6:51 PM.
Work. Started short-staffed, so got set up on something I definitely did not want and definitely hadn't signed up for (I'd swapped a shift), then was shifted over on something else (which I was fine with, but it's still a tough shift), and from there things just went downhill. In addition to all the regular work, I got a bunch of extra things to do (because short-staffed and other person needed some help, and I was the only other qualified). Some "pokes" went bad-ish (ended up with blood all over me from one of them - equipment issues combined with elderly blood vessels...), and there were grumpy people all over the line (a few will give you an earful if you as much as look at them wrong, and today was that day...).

Then dragged home 3 bags of groceries that I barely managed to lift, so my arms are probably going to be sore tomorrow.

Currently (for the sake of curiosity, I guess?) watching a video about some sleep products (lights, etc.) and falling asleep several times. Yeah, I currently have no problems falling asleep (slept 4-5 hours after dinner, all wrung out after work, and been nodding off several times after that) :/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#715 Old 18th Feb 2024 at 8:32 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 21st Feb 2024 at 5:30 PM. Reason: Clarity and Addendum
The air is extremely dry in my house for nearly a week and I constantly get zapped by whatever I touch due to static electricity.

Update: Air dry again and still getting shocked.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#716 Old 23rd Feb 2024 at 8:37 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 23rd Feb 2024 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Clarity and Addendum
My cat Gemini just fell down half the stairs and is currently trying to get her bearings after falling down. I have cat-sitting duty today as my cat likely had a seizure. (Our last cat to have one had balance impairment from one.)

Update 1: Cat is not eating, just puking but not hiding. this is a miserable Friday.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#717 Old 23rd Feb 2024 at 11:28 AM
Poor Gemini! I hope she is okay.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#718 Old 23rd Feb 2024 at 10:52 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 23rd Feb 2024 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Clarity and Addendum
Gemini spent most of today asleep after her incident this morning. I had also to take into account my grandfather having to go to the hospital for care for fluid in his lungs, politics of all sorts, finances, the possibility of losing two family members and the house I live in.

This is all the things that bring anxiety in adulting.

I am extremely stressed. I need to eat. I hope mom is coming in soon with dinner. It's been a rough Friday.

I just need a meal and rest.

Update: my grandfather was released from the hospital after the treatment.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#719 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 12:22 PM
Update on Gemini: She's doing well, but we're no longer allowing her near the basement.

Otherwise, we're going to keep an eye on her. She's 14. That's ancient for an indoor\outdoor cat.

Scholar
#720 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 9:00 PM
Sometimes I randomly get red patches on my face and neck that are hot and tingly and sometimes very itchy. Didn't need to ask mum if they were doing their thing today cos they really wanted to be felt My face was fine after like 10 minutes but when I unzipped my coat in a shop (so stuffy) I saw my reflection and there was a massive red patch right in the middle of my throat. No wonder I got several odd looks! It looked like I got punched in the throat! (Which like, no thanks?).
Mad Poster
#721 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 3:52 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th Feb 2024 at 11:36 PM.
Full moon tendencies at work... 🐺
(but then again, I've seen worse when it wasn't full moon)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#722 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 9:44 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 26th Feb 2024 at 6:47 AM. Reason: Clarity and Addendum
I am starting to hate being an adult.

Particularly, I am just worn out from the news, politics, finances and just everything that makes me feel like I am going to burn out like a match.

Sometimes, I just want to be happy. But right now...I have a responsibility to be informed and secure.

It's no longer like me to do anything rash and against my better judgement.

Right now I'm tired, it's Sunday afternoon. I would very much like to do something today that doesn't require eating something I didn't want because I am trying to stick to a diet.

(In all honesty, I had take out 3 days in a row for dinner.)

2/26/2024
Yeah, I am realizing that I need to be more responsible for my actions as the only person in my family who even does anything related to the government.

In fact, a government agency asked if I needed assistance obtaining a COVID-19 vaccine on the phone yesterday afternoon on Sunday. I told him, the man on the other end, I already got it last week.

My father didn't believe it was the real deal, but it was the helpline as it was registered in my phone and I Googled them and they're the actual group.

A helpline like ours is always open, 24/7/365. New Jersey is actually a great place to get treatment. We have hospitals and pharmaceutical companies that develop various medications and medicines.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#723 Old 26th Feb 2024 at 6:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Noa1500
Sometimes I randomly get red patches on my face and neck that are hot and tingly and sometimes very itchy. Didn't need to ask mum if they were doing their thing today cos they really wanted to be felt My face was fine after like 10 minutes but when I unzipped my coat in a shop (so stuffy) I saw my reflection and there was a massive red patch right in the middle of my throat. No wonder I got several odd looks! It looked like I got punched in the throat! (Which like, no thanks?).

Sometimes, my cycle will lead to hormonal surges that result in bright red cheeks on my face and they're really warm to the touch. You're not alone on such issues of skin conditions of hot, warm patchy skin as a symptom.

Mad Poster
#724 Old 26th Feb 2024 at 7:54 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 26th Feb 2024 at 8:45 AM.
My throat hurts for the second time this month (probably from work, seems like everyone's got a bug these days).

Had some blood work done several days ago, and got a giant bruise that still hurts. This one is the full length of my little finger and still full-on purple! Feels like every time other lab techs than the one at home poke me, they nearly always hit a nerve and leave me with bruises, even when they hit on first try.

Also, work. Elderly people with various health issues have good days and bad days, but sometimes it seems they all come together and have bad days on the same day, which get increasingly frustrating when several of them insist on taking their irritation and/or bad mood out on everyone around them. I'm not sure how many times I had to take a deep breath throughout the day, but it was plenty enough... Couldn't even leave work without a final situation involving confused person in chair, stairs, and fortuntely a locked gate to said stairs (solved itself, thankfully). Some days...

Ended up sleeping away most of the evening (as per usual after work). I was completely toast...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#725 Old 29th Feb 2024 at 6:55 PM
I WAS happy to find my bottled water had came early.

But when I saw they left it in the driveway again, there was a part of me screaming on the inside "Aw, for fuck's sakes, Abraham!" I was not happy with the fact that they did that.

I think I just pissed off the delivery driver.

Page 29 of 31