Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#26 Old 6th Jan 2023 at 6:08 AM
How'd you change the heights of the objects? Lamare's Shift everything mod or OMSP?
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 6th Jan 2023 at 8:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
How'd you change the heights of the objects? Lamare's Shift everything mod or OMSP?

I used Shiftable Everything on Temple lot. No OMSP mods.

Once you try to shift any item which is higher then one level, it will drop underground. When placed on the pool tiles, that will drop under the water surface.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Scholar
Original Poster
#28 Old 7th Jan 2023 at 11:18 PM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 11th Jan 2023 at 10:35 PM.
My current rendition of the temple. (and added breadfruit trees underneath the archipelago lots. not pictured)

Are the Text values fixed? Ie not defaulting but instead staying in English for the names?
updated in simsfileshare (so first post)
Screenshots
Theorist
#29 Old 18th Jan 2023 at 8:19 AM
You asked me in my thread so I have the same question for you. How long have you prepared this neighborhood?
Regards Vic

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 19th Jan 2023 at 5:02 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 19th Jan 2023 at 5:21 AM.
Since June 2022, so about 8 months in the making.
latest edits are modifications to add toddler memories to all Sims. currently done 36 Sims, both parent to toddler memories (around 252 memories added/modified so far. all four parent to child and three inverse child to parent)
alas this doesn't account for the extreme number of memories that don't line up, like one Sim knowing all the cats from the beginning of the island's history till the current 4th generation, younger siblings remembering their older siblings births or that one time a sim taught their cat to talk...
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 30th Jan 2023 at 9:31 PM
Wowww! First time loading up into the hood and I gotta say this looks like an amazing hood! Here are some of my notes that i've gathered so far, I apologize in advance if this isn't the type of feedback you wanted, especially since you are still in the process of finishing it!

1. From what I've looked into so far there are 6 main family groups of which 5 are all quite large (reminds me of veronaville which I love) however, unlike veronaville you don't have as many unoccupied lots as veronaville does. However, I do see that part of the pier has a stretch of road with no lots on that could be used for houses.
Overall, there isn't much room for growth, as most of these unoccupied residential lots are over 200k simoleons with only two being below 50k. Making it not very easy for sims to live on a residential lot without cheats, or placing down an empty lot and creating your own.

2. It seems that many of the sims only have faces using templates in CAS.

3. There are 8 dogs living in this one home. realistically this would be an absolute night mare to play, but their bio does state "Completely enclosed and cramped full of fish. How does this family unit get along and how long will that last?" I would recommend just having fewer dogs in the home to make it easier for the player to either give the dogs away or actually be able to mange the pets.

4. Some of the names of the sims are very common names you'd find on a typical american or british town, such as Dave, Hannah, Bill, Kayla, etc. They really break immersion since you are creating "A neighbourhood of two tribes, dog, cats, wolves and fish."

5. I believe one of the cats called Will, has parents who are related, as a result his family tree is buggy. This is because his mother Bell is the half sibling of his father Jake. On the topic of pets, a few like Will lack a surname.

6. I think your architecture and building skills are amazing I absolutely adore the stilted homes on the ocean and the houseboats!

I can't wait to see the finished neighbor hood!
Screenshots

Sometimes I feel like one of the unborn Ottomas twins.
Scholar
Original Poster
#32 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 6:43 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 1st Feb 2023 at 7:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by rb47798
Wowww! First time loading up into the hood and I gotta say this looks like an amazing hood! Here are some of my notes that i've gathered so far, I apologize in advance if this isn't the type of feedback you wanted, especially since you are still in the process of finishing it!

I can't wait to see the finished neighbor hood!

Thanks and it is actually great feedback. Life has been busy so I haven't been able to make progress lately. actually lost all the memory related progress when I was cleaning out my PC.

1. So you want moar lots? that I can fix. cheaper lots are a rare find in the hood. (completely my fault for over furnishing them... something something "curtains for every window" something)
2. I did make the ancestor faces by using the templates and right clicking to slightly morph them from the baseline. So not super various (expect the Dean household) Could've done better there, but too late now I guess.
3. So that's where the non human, actual pooches went! seriously thought I do have to change their family lines as it is currently too short, That was were I got to.
4. So people of Eurocentric origin cannot be tribals in your opinion? I didn't really factor that into account to be fair, but I liked the idea of starting out with Eurocentric names and diverting to more "tribalistic" names.
5. That was a complete mistake and I will get around to fixing his (and his brother's) lineages.
6. Thanks, Sometimes it hasn't feel like they're good, or have enough fire alarms.

7. per cat relationships... this is the beginning of the cat's family tree, the 1 and 2nd generations... yeah. no wonder the genes are misplaced...
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
Thanks and it is actually great feedback. Life has been busy so I haven't been able to make progress lately. actually lost all the memory related progress when I was cleaning out my PC.

1. So you want moar lots? that I can fix. cheaper lots are a rare find in the hood. (completely my fault for over furnishing them... something something "curtains for every window" something)
2. I did make the ancestor faces by using the templates and right clicking to slightly morph them from the baseline. So not super various (expect the Dean household) Could've done better there, but too late now I guess.
3. So that's where the non human, actual pooches went! seriously thought I do have to change their family lines as it is currently too short, That was were I got to.
4. So people of Eurocentric origin cannot be tribals in your opinion? I didn't really factor that into account to be fair, but I liked the idea of starting out with Eurocentric names and diverting to more "tribalistic" names.
5. That was a complete mistake and I will get around to fixing his (and his brother's) lineages.
6. Thanks, Sometimes it hasn't feel like they're good, or have enough fire alarms.

7. per cat relationships... this is the beginning of the cat's family tree, the 1 and 2nd generations... yeah. no wonder the genes are misplaced...

1. Yes, I think more lots would make it easier for someone to play the neighbourhood for longer without having to add in their own so soon.
4. I assumed the tribes were there for a long time and that's why it struck to me as odd why you had some of them with names like Bob, I like the idea of them starting with more european names and diverting to more unique names. It gives like a vibe that they are originally lost explorers embracing and becoming part of the Island!

Sometimes I feel like one of the unborn Ottomas twins.
Scholar
Original Poster
#34 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 9:15 PM
4. I assumed the tribes were there for a long time It gives like a vibe that they are originally lost explorers embracing and becoming part of the Island!

The tribes have been there a long time, not beginning as explorers voluntarily. The land was uninhabited before them.
Still alot of behind the scenes work to fix. the relationships, memories and genetic lines mainly.
Theorist
#35 Old 5th Feb 2023 at 11:13 AM
I have not encountered any issues so far. I suggest you to add family stories into neighborhood album. That's really hard to understand here who is who.

Scholar
Original Poster
#36 Old 6th Feb 2023 at 8:13 AM
1. Yes, I think more lots would make it easier for someone to play the neighbourhood for longer without having to add in their own so soon.

9 more lots, cheap but the catch is they aren't houseboats, most aren't built up (being mostly bare landscaping), they aren't moveable (being off the main island and not on the main pier road) and 6/8 are 2 x 3 lot sizes.
the other two are 2 x 1 (Lover's Budget Boat, pictures below, yours for only $9,999) and 2 x 6 so a small bit of variation.

the hood view is because of Lazy Duchess's Hugelotz mod, it doesn't correctly render multilevel flooring or roofing in hood view.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#37 Old 6th Feb 2023 at 8:16 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 6th Feb 2023 at 9:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
I have not encountered any issues so far. I suggest you to add family stories into neighborhood album. That's really hard to understand here who is who.

Having difficulties with overwriting the snapshot and thumbnails so this is being a slight pain, but like the memories and relationships it will be addressed. just not as easy as lot building. Thanks Victor
Theorist
#38 Old 6th Feb 2023 at 10:01 AM
From my slight experience it is not as hard as long. You just need to take pictures and write the text.
Look how I did it when I preparing my Plathville: Text can be written everywhere even with your smartphone in txt file and then translated to word file where you could check it for mispells. I took the most text for Plathville from internet articles because that was based on tv show and there are articles about it really better with words than mine.

Screenshots would need much of work. I prepared it at home during weekends using Photoshop. And I have just 7 pictures there. Yeah those hood is tiny but still is my favourite even the TV show came up a real desaster when reached 3rd season. What I said...Yep. So. It took me three weekends or something.

The text was much long and uneasy because my English grammar is... Eh... intermediate. If you need any help I could lend you my hand. I can write the text and take screenshots.

Scholar
Original Poster
#39 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 8:51 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 8th Feb 2023 at 9:12 AM.
Well, I spent hours looking over the genetic lineage of the Cats.
5.5 generations.
60 cats.
lineages are more a web than any reasonable semblance of a family tree. Sadly, I found one cat of direct sibling ancestry thus having only two grandparents. Poor Collen. I didn't catch this early enough so he has descendants, unlike Will.

Haven't gotten round to memories nor albums yet.

File Updated with new island lots.
Screenshots
Theorist
#40 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 9:27 AM
Currently it looks like your cats had inbreeded through generations. If that was intended then it look like Game of Thrones.

Scholar
Original Poster
#41 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 10:25 AM
I was intending it similar to the human Sims, running out of viable mates due to island isolationism.
it was not my intention to go 'Game of Thrones'
I wasn't near as careful enough when breeding them. I'll be changing Will and Collen's ancestors to keep the lines more diverse, even though codewise its too late.
I think the dogs on the Archipelago are okay, I haven't finished their lineages yet so I can monitor that with more care.

I would appreciate your help with the screenshots for the albums, both hood and individual family.
Thanks.
Theorist
#42 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 11:14 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 8th Feb 2023 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Mispell
Ah. So that's how those family "tree" rose. Was that grown naturally? things are getting complicted if so. I don't want to look deep into that. But I suggest you to... uh... since you coloured different generations I suppose you have generations after all, I suggest you to make all the lower generation to be direct child to upper. Not that thing like with Mune and Ophelia. Greys are child of orange, greens are child of grays and so on....

If you can't or won't do that then Collen and Will would be enough. No troubles I guess will ever be with kittens from cat aunt and hew nephew.

I would love to be much of help. If you need screenshots and stories, I could start right over but first I have to catch up all relationships between families in order to write the subscription much entertaining then "There are Belmonts. Tadaa!"

Scholar
Original Poster
#43 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 7:50 PM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 9th Feb 2023 at 7:19 AM.
As soon as I retrace the lineages, I'll find less incestuous cat lines to 'adopt' Will and Collen.
If Ophelia and Mune are too closely related I'll turn gen 5.5 (light red) into gen 6.
I made fifteen families, so there is likely some overlap in backstory, adult caring for elderly, young children, rambunctious teens, loss of all bar one child, cousins living in the same house, crazy cat minister, uncle move in and irritates family. etc
I thought my descriptions weren't just 'We're the Corax household' but more focused on the individual family dynamics, ala 'brother moves in, is pain in the rear, will he be asked to leave?'

Will and Collenee (Turns out Collen is actually a she.) are now children of other parents, their trees not so interbred now.
Theorist
#44 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 9:10 AM
There is a method of building family trees I used when played dynasties. I can describe you that but don't know if that will be useful for you or not. Could be used as base at least. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Forum Resident
#45 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 9:17 AM
Your neighborhood looks amazing, I hope I can try it soon.

I wouldn't want to be you and have to fix those cat family trees xDDD

Putting the memories already seems insufferable to me... xD (Although it's so cool to look at them when you open a new neighborhood)
Theorist
#46 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 9:47 AM
Oh please. The way memories grow in Sims 2 is ridiculous. In my Plathville Plaths family is devided and even they live in different worlds and don't talk to each other, the parents still get the memories of their child to have a good grades at the university... somehow. But children don't have memories when they first meet their fathers. Even they had never been a part of them.
I think tokens are more important then proper setting of memories. For my taste: I prefer to build it in the way I like and start from the memory of sims moving in, and then - meet the sim, first kiss, marriage, first woohoo and the rest

Forum Resident
#47 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 9:54 AM
I have a very light knowledge of what tokens are, I should learn it, but I have a hard time learning things since I don't speak English and I continually tend to forget what I learn...
Theorist
#48 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 10:28 AM
I don't know a lot about tokens either. This is what changes sims' behaviour. Those appear around memories in SimPe. Currently I know how two tokens work. "Visited by Humble" token prevents from his appearence on lot. "Had first kiss" prevents from first kiss interaction to appear.
But there are many of tokens sims can get during their life. And this is what changes gameplay directly in that or another way.

Scholar
Original Poster
#49 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 8:48 PM
Cat lineages modified.
Screenshots
Theorist
#50 Old 11th Feb 2023 at 12:00 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 11th Feb 2023 at 3:00 PM. Reason: Additionly
I am now exploring each family to shot some views. I am very curious now why is caged room with bench into each hut?

New island with emergency bunker you added is great but I think takes domeneering place now over the whole archipelago. In my opnion it is too rocky and high.

I found a lot of mistakes in game I'll report tomorrow. The main ussue there are still a lot of characters with random generated names!

Page 2 of 4