Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 2771 times.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 3:38 AM
Default How Do I Fix An "Illegal owner field in data reference." Error?
I'm trying to add an dive naked option to the diving board but I keep getting an Illegal owner field in data reference error. I've bolded the parts I've actually touched.

Quote:
Object id: 651
name: Pool Diving Board - 1,0,0
Stack size: 5
Error: Illegal owner field in data reference.
Iterations: 1
Frame 4:
Stack Object id: 0
Node: 0
Tree: id 4104 name 'Sub - Dive - Get Skill - L/M/H' version -32757
from PoolDivingBoard
Prim state: 0
Params: Locals:
Frame 3:
Node: 1
Tree: id 4106 name 'Sub - Dive - Eager to Dive?' version -32754
from PoolDivingBoard
Params: Locals: 24
Frame 2:
Node: 2
Tree: id 4110 name 'Sub - Dive Naked' version -32745
from PoolDivingBoard
Params: 0 Locals: 0 0 0

Frame 1:
Tree: id -1 name 'No behavior' version 0
from
Prim state: 1
Frame 0:
Tree: id 4097 name 'Function - Main' version -32757
from PoolDivingBoard

Line 0 in Sub - Dive - Get Skill - L/M/H is [prim 0x0002] Expression (Temp 0x0000 := My person data 0x0011 (Body Skill))

Line Sub - Dive - Eager to Dive? is [private 0x1008] Sub - Dive - Get Skill - L/M/H (no args) which references back to the first listed error which is included in the package.

Line 2 in Sub - Dive Naked (my behavior) is [private 0x100A] Sub - Dive - Eager to Dive? (no args) referring back to the previous behavior(s).

No behavior I have no clue on since there seem to be no messing behaviors referred to by any other behavior in the package.

Function - Main isn't in the package since I didn't modify it in any way due to this not being an object based mod. But the error did result in the diving board not being placeable any where so I might try importing Main and Int in and see what happens.
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 6:44 AM
The "Illegal owner field in data reference" error happens when the data owner ("My person data" or "Temp" in this case) is invalid. It sounds to me like the code is running in an object stack rather than a sim's stack, since objects don't have any "person data" to look up. That would be consistent with the stack trace you posted, although it is a little bit strange itself. The fact that you're getting a Sub called spontaneously is confusing. Can you confirm that you don't have two BHAVs with the same instance ID or something like that?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 6:30 PM Last edited by ThomasRiordan : 8th Mar 2008 at 8:58 PM. Reason: updated info
Of course it had to be the stupidest thing in the world. When I renumbered the new behaviors I only took into consideration what was actually in the package and not the behaviors in the full object. So I just named them D and E since the highest value in the package was C. But in the object D and E are actually Function - Load and Function - Init - Above Pool which would certainly explain why I got an error when trying to place the diving board.

Thank you for your help. I'm going to go renumber and see if that solves the problem.

Renumbering worked like a charm and the diving board can be placed. Although now for some reason my Sims will walk to the diving board and then stop before getting on when diving naked. Afterwards they act like there's something blocking their path even in the middle of an empty yard. The normal dive interaction works normally though. Not sure what's going on there but I think I'm gonna put it on the shelf and wait for an updated SimPE version. Maybe there's been some change to the diving board that's causing this.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#4 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 7:29 PM
I think the problem is that your diving board is in the middle of the empty yard. You can't dive into the ground!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 12:56 AM
J.M. - Sure you can. Your sims swim around in the dirt, t'is quite amusing.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. M. Pescado
I think the problem is that your diving board is in the middle of the empty yard. You can't dive into the ground!

Perhaps I should have worded that better. The yard is empty except for the pool.

As for the not diving into the ground. Sims aren't the brightest creatures. I can imagine a few of them being dumb enough to dive head long into the ground.