Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#51 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 3:06 PM
It's because they put the newest securom in it, which can utterly destroy systems that use any kind of burning software. Basically as long as they're using this version of securom most people will be unable to play the newest games they purchase from EA unless they have absolutely no capability of creating their own discs. Even better, games with this version of securom apparently can only be installed a limited amount of times so you'll have to buy several copies to get any long-lasting playability from EA games from now on, especially if you have more than one computer that you play on.

I wouldn't recommend installing the latest FT patch or purchasing any further expansions or stuff packs until they either implement a less invasive protection or roll back to the version of securom they were using before the last FT patch. A lot of simmers are forming a mass protest because it can damage very expensive property as well as rob consumers by charging full price for a disposable game with limited usage.

If you've already installed the latest patch you'll have to uninstall the FT expansion and reinstall it to undo the damage. You might be able to find the original patch (without the newest securom on it) on other sites or you could download the same fixes that are in the patch from More Awesome Than You. Pescado always fixes the bugs before EA anyway so I rarely bother with patches anymore.

For a species that claims to be intellectually superior to all other life forms, humans do some stupid things.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#52 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 3:46 PM
*sighs* SecuROM does not destroy systems. It may interfere with certain burning software but causing issues is not anywhere near the same as destroying a system. SecuROM does not destroy hardware. It does not damage your computer. If you remove it, it goes back to the way it was before. The SecuROM installed with the new Free Time patch is not the same as the one they're talking about for Mass Effect/Spore.

If you have issues after installing the Free Time patch, please post in the Game Help forums on MTS2 after going through the Game Problem FAQ, linked prominently on the front page of the Game Help section at MTS2 as well as the clickthrough you will need to read before posting in the forums there.

Thread locked.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#53 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 4:04 PM
I would like to point out that xylunes avatar of people running around with thier hands in the air screaming is particularly apt for some of the things said in this thread.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Locked thread
Page 3 of 3