Locked thread | Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 14267 times. | Locked by: ellacharm3d Reason: resolved
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 3:07 PM Last edited by a.b.e.e.r. : 17th Feb 2011 at 2:32 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night
the sims 3 : unable to start game service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)
I was just playing the sims 3, decorating a room
AND SUDDENLY, the game closed without an error message!!
when I tried to run the game again it gave me this:

unable to start game
service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

I was confused! when i searched for the other EPS, world adventures wasn't there!!!
WA is not even installed any more! I didn't find it in the add/remove programs!

PLEASE NOTE:
before the game closes I was really Really REALLY sure that all of my relics where in place(wich means, WA was installed in that time).

I have the base game vesion:1.17.60.009017
wa: Disappeared & i don't remember the version!
amb:4.0.87.006001
LN:6.0.81.009001

I have a lot of CC, but i think all of them are fine,it has nothing to do with this (as I think!)

I know it all sounds crazy, but I really wish you could help!

Thank you :cylon:
Advertisement
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 3:22 PM
Sounds like you could have some file corruption there, first thing I would do is to backup all files (sims files and all of your other stuff, to an external drive or DVD) and then scan your hard drive for errors. Check the box to ensure that any errors are fixed.

After that, remove your userdata (drag documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 to the desktop), and see if you can run the game. Does it work, and is WA installed okay?

If WA is still missing I would recommend to attempt to reinstall it, also patch all of your games as they are out of date. Remember to update your CC after.
http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...elp:Patch_Table
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ownload/Current

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 2:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Sounds like you could have some file corruption there, first thing I would do is to backup all files (sims files and all of your other stuff, to an external drive or DVD) and then scan your hard drive for errors. Check the box to ensure that any errors are fixed.

After that, remove your userdata (drag documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 to the desktop), and see if you can run the game. Does it work, and is WA installed okay?

I backed up the files & scaned the computer, then I removed the userdata BUT the game isn't working! it gave me the same error....

WA is still missing, but I didn't try to reinstall it because nothing changed.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 4:45 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Uninstall
    This Game_Help:TS3_Uninstallwiki link has the step-by-step instructions to guide you through uninstalling The Sims 3, and its packs (EP/SP).

If you're reinstalling because you're reverting to an older patch, or just do not want to use the Launcher/EADM to patch, read this FAQ Game_Help:TS3_Patchingwiki once through before patching and then follow the guide.

Was that error when starting via Launcher or the ts3ep03.exe? Or both?

Most issues with Svc Init error are only resolved by a reinstall.
Well, sometimes a rename of the user folders helped, but as in your case, it clearly hasn't. Or try running a registry cleaner? (but also not as 100% successful as a full reinstall.)

Before you uninstall and reinstall, though, have you patched all games to the same level, per simsample's links?

WA missing: are all your games installed in the default path or one in internal HDD, some in external HDD, something like that?? Or missing in game, ie the 3 destination icons are not there as WA is not recognized?
Have you installed something new recently? And are you the only user of this machine?
If it were me, I would just uninstall and reinstall and fix the svc init issue.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 8:15 AM
PROPLEM SOLVED

I tried to install WA but it told me to uninstall it!!!
Anyway, I uninstalled the "invisible" WA from my PC and installed it again

And it worked!!

thanks for help
Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharm3d Reason: resolved