Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[In Testing]Resources for Twinbrook.world's various Fixes

by ellacharmed Posted 10th Sep 2011 at 6:36 AM - Updated 24th Oct 2011 at 2:51 AM by ellacharm3d

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 3:27 PM
Thanks a lot, I was waiting for this fix If I find any troubles I'll report it.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 9:48 PM
Thank you once again for doing these!
I'm curious as to what some people are doing with these file when you look at how many times each has been downloaded. At the time of me posting this the intersection file has been downloaded 74 times but the routing has only been downloaded 19 times.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 4:40 AM
Been wondering the same thing. Would have thought people want the RoutingFixes more, due to all the Stuck Sims issues. But meh, it's their game.

I hope to get reports on the road regrading I did, as I'm nervous on releasing the version for Bridgeport. That Town is a nightmare on the Road Grade/Smooth issues! And doing one part introduce road clipping on other parts == neverending nightmare!

So, Twinbrook was my test bed and refining my process...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 3:39 AM
Thanks for this! I edited my Twinbrook with your fixes and it now runs smoothly.
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 6:41 PM
I've tried your fixes out, and have had some problems with the road regrading, especially in the main part of town -- what used to be roads are now covered with grass, so the cars are driving down lawns all over town.

==========
Namaste
--joe
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 4:29 AM
Amazing! Thank you so much. I hate to sound greedy, but is Hidden Springs, Riverview or any of the store neighborhoods in line for a future route editing plan? I've fallen in love with the landscape in Hidden Springs, but major lag is discouraging.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jsalemi
... especially in the main part of town -- what used to be roads are now covered with grass, ...
@jsalemi,
which area(s) do you consider the "main part of town"? The square surrounding the Town Center and City Hall? Do these roads have any blue dots on them? Do you have picture(s) with the affected areas, please post them? Thanks.

@daciasil,
I did a cursory look around the 3 worlds offered - both paid and free. They do have some routing and intersections that need repairing. But I can only offer the fixes, not the worlds here on MTS. As someone did gift me the paid ones, I feel obligated to do them, but I don't have timeline on completion date at the moment.
Also, there was some interest on someone else doing Hidden Springs, so if anyone knows of a confirmed link, appreciate a shout out so I can strike that world off my list of things to do. If not, I'll probably get to them at some point.
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 5:27 PM Last edited by jsalemi : 22nd Sep 2011 at 6:36 PM.
The other side from the blue dot -- from the bridge connecting to the "rich" area to the area where the school is to the center of town is where I saw it the worst. I'll try to get some pics next time I'm in that world.

ETA: screenshots attached.
Screenshots

==========
Namaste
--joe
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 1:55 PM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 23rd Sep 2011 at 2:10 PM.
Based on your referenced images, hoped I get the areas correct, I checked both in the game and in CAW; in both original unfixed and my fixed versions. And all 4 times, the roads appear OK as in image below - no clipping in my setup. They appear OK when I zoom in and out, in and out of Map view.
[img][/img]

Do you experience this road clipping a lot? In all worlds? What Processor and Graphics Card do you have? Appears that either your processor and/or card has issues switching back and forth from low to high details and vice versa?
Screenshots
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 3:28 AM
No, I don't experience it at all in other worlds, and only started experiencing it in Twinbrook after I made your changes. I have a 3Ghz Core Duo processor, 8Gb ram (Win7 64bit), and an ATI 4780 (or is it 4870? not home to check right now) video card. The processor and video have no problem running the game at the highest settings.

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe I goofed or missed a file or something when I was applying your changes. I'll go back to the original world and try re-applying them and see if the problem returns.

==========
Namaste
--joe
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 11:14 AM
Yeah, sorry! Don't know how to help as those aren't roads that I've touched to regrade or anything. That whole section is free of dots - no yellow, red nor blue.

Load the original Twinbrook and play, and then the fixed version after redoing them. You may also want to refresh caches and see...good luck!