Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 8:24 PM Last edited by MissChevus : 28th Feb 2015 at 8:07 PM.
the Sims 4 Hotel Challenge
I came up with this idea when looking for an alternative to the kidnap challenge.
It’s basically about running a hotel but with the element of chance thrown
in for fun. (mwa ha ha) Anyways here is the info.

The Sims 4 Hotel Challenge:

Setup:
-Make one owner sim. They can be either male or female but they must be a
young adult or adult. If you want extra help you can also have a housekeeper
sim to cook and clean for you or make one in CAS.This sim must be the same
age as the owner but the opposite gender.

-Build your hotel. You can make it as big or small or as nice as you
like. Feel free to use money cheats for this part of the challenge.
Make sure every room has a double bed, a TV, and an accessible
bathroom.

-After your owner has moved in use the money cheat to give them
only 1000 simoleons. - Just type money 1000

-Now it’s time to open up for business and take in guests. There are 2 different ways you can take in guests:
1. When you see a sim walk by, go over and do a friendly introduction. While the two of you are chatting,
click on one of the hotel rooms and choose “Go here together”. Once they are there, leave the room and
delete the door. This is the easiest in my opinion.
2. by clicking “invite In” and going over to their assigned room and calling them over. Once they are in their
assigned room, leave and delete the door.

-Your owner and any other household members can never leave
the hotel lot until the challenge is over.
- For simplicity’s sake, limit only one guest per hotel room.
- You don’t have to fill up all of the rooms if you don’t want to, but
keep in mind the more guests you have the more money you’ll make.

Challenge Rules:
-Assign a number for each filled room in the hotel starting with 1.

-For each guest, you must randomize an event. This must be done every simday they
stay at your hotel. You will need a die or a number generator to do this. Set the minimum
number to 1 and the maximum number to 6 if you are using a generator.
Daily Events:
1 - Have the owner make friends with the guest.
2. Have the owner make enemies with the guest.
3. Have the owner have a romance (or woohoo if you want) with the guest. If you do want woohoo in
your challenge, you should roll a dice beforehand. Odd - woohoo Even - Try for Baby
If the guest isn't your hotel owner's gender preference, the maid/housekeeper will have to romance that guest.
4. Give the guest the best room and serve the guest the best food. Make sure that their needs are being met.
5. Ignore the guest’s motives. Give him or her the worst bed and delete all the other furniture including the toilet. Feed them spoiled food.
6. Kill the guest. ( My preferred method of sim termination )

- After that night is over, roll a die or generate a random number for
each guest (that is still alive).
Odd - The guest must stay another night
Even - The guest can check out and leave the lot.

-Each morning, count up the total number of the guests and determine the room rate based on how nice your hotel is built,
decorated, and furnished.
Rate Scale:
Grungy Motel - 50 simoleons per guest
Mid-range Hotel - 100 simoleons per guest
Luxury Suite - 200 simoleons per guest
How to use the cheat:
If I had 7 guests stay at my mid-range hotel over night,
I would multiply 7 (no. of guests) x 100 (room rate) and
then enter this cheat: sims.modify_funds 700

- Keep this going until the owner becomes an elder or dies.

Score:
+5 for each guest
+20 for each friend
+30 for each lover
-20 for each enemy
+40 for each time the owner got pregnant by a guest or impregnated
a guest (for those using woohoo instead of romance for number 3)
+50 for each guest who leaves the hotel in a positive mood.
-30 for each guest who leaves the hotel in a bad mood
-50 for each sim killed
+50 for over 10,000 simoleons at the end of the challenge
+100 for over 100,000 simoleons at the end of the challenge
+200 for over 500,000 simoleons at the end of the challenge
-100 for under 1,000 simoleons at the end of the challenge

That’s all there is to it.

Here's a pic of the hotel I made for the challenge, The Step On Inn.

Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
Simblr
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 8:06 PM
I like this. I'm gonna try this!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 9:44 PM
@auddygirl4100 Awesome. I'm glad you like it.

Simblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 9:51 PM
Day one of the sims 4 hotel challenge:

I thought I would share my progress here as well as on my simblr.
Before getting to the guests, let me introduce my household members.
This is the owner, Jeremy Flynn. He inherited the Step On Inn from his
grandfather and fixed it up (sorta) and plans on opening it today.

This is Cora Moreno. Jeremy hired her as a live in housekeeper. She is good
at cooking regular and gourmet food and fixing things. She’s also quite flirtatious.

I have finally finished tweaking my hotel and has started to play the challenge.
This is going to be so fun. I figured I would tell the guests stories as hotel reviews
since that seemed appropriate. So here goes.

Reviews for Step On Inn, Oasis Springs

Reviewer Name: Katrina Caliente
Rating: 0 out of 5 stars
Comments: I got a room at this hotel for me and my sweetie to have some alone time. I was shocked when I found out how nasty the place was. My room had no furniture whatsoever except a hard, uncomfortable bed. The room service was horrible. They were so slow that the food was already spoiled by the time the maid delivered it. The worst thing was that there was no toilet. What did I pay 50 simoleons for? It was more like a jail than a hotel. My date was ruined when my boyfriend Don refused to come over because I told him how bad the room was. I left the place hungry, stinky, and in a very uncomfortable mood. I complained to Mr. Flynn, the owner of this joke of a motel for a whole hour and he still didn't give me a refund. WTF! I will never stay here again.

Reviewer Name: Jimmie Page
Rating: 1 out of 5 stars
Comments: The room was okay - for a cheap old roach motel, but
I would have enjoyed my stay a whole lot more if the owner Mr.
Flynn wasn’t such a jerk. He even threw a drink in my face! I
was outraged. After the encounter with the owner, I pretty much
stayed cooped up in my room. The maid brought me room service
that was not too great. My meal for dinner was a cold TV dinner.
What kind of hotel serves TV dinners to their guests? I wish I hadn’t
booked the room for an extra night. I really dread staying here again.

Reviewer Name: Eric Lewis
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Comments: I have to admit the room and the food was not so great. The furniture was old and uncomfortable and the food was cold and bland. The best thing about my stay in this dump was Cora the maid. We totally hooked up that night. The owner was a nice guy to me.I don’t know why everybody else hated him. Would I stay here again? Depends on if Coral is working that night.

Reviewer Name: Haylee Jarrett
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Comments: Everything about this hotel was nasty and gross, but surprisingly I had a great time. The owner Jeremy is such a nice guy. He was very friendly with me and we easily became friends. I didn’t really like the maid Cora’s cooking. My meal consisted of mushy mac&cheese and soggy cereal for breakfast. It was Jeremy’s hospitality that earned the extra star in my review.

Reviewer Name: Alice Spencer-Kim
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Comments: The outside of this hotel looked like total crap. It had nasty walls and railings and a pool you couldn’t swim in. You can imagine how surprised I was when I entered my room. It was decorated beautifully with the best furnishings money can buy. Cora, the housekeeper, served me three delicious meals. I don’t know why other people are saying she’s a bad cook. Her spinach fritatas are to die for! Mr. Flynn was really great about making sure I had everything I needed. If only I had booked the room for more than one night! I’m planning to go back and stay at the Step On Inn as soon as possible.

Day 1 Totals:
Total Guest - 5
Money Made - 250 simoleons

Simblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 6:58 PM
Awesome! I hope you enjoy my challenge.

Simblr
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 11:10 PM
Is there a chance you would upload your already made hotel? Nice challenge too
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 1:32 AM
I uploaded the hotel and the sims to the gallery when I first started the challenge. I'll probably update it with a real pool
later on tonight. .

Simblr
Field Researcher
#8 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 4:16 AM
Sounds very interesting, but I don't understand how the owner can make friend or enemy with a guest, how food can be served, when the door to the room is deleted. I read: invite someone, get him/her to the room, LEAVE and delete the door.
Did I overread something?

Oh, btw.: I'm playing another of your challenges, From the Ground Up, with 5 different sims, and I have so much fun!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 4:59 AM
Augustus looks like Groucho Marx, but slender and without cigar.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Candlelight
Sounds very interesting, but I don't understand how the owner can make friend or enemy with a guest, how food can be served, when the door to the room is deleted. I read: invite someone, get him/her to the room, LEAVE and delete the door.
Did I overread something?

Oh, btw.: I'm playing another of your challenges, From the Ground Up, with 5 different sims, and I have so much fun!

I do the "testingcheats on" cheat and shift+click the floor in their room and teleport there to socialize with the guests. I normally
serve the food by making individual servings, then clicking on the food and dragging the food to the guest's table. BTW I'm
glad you're having fun with the from the ground up challenge. I always have such a good time with that one.

@Thefinalpaige19, Great pics! Tough luck having a fire on the first day though.

Simblr
Field Researcher
#11 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 6:15 AM
Thanks for the answer.
It would be very much easier if the doors were lockable/only opening for the owner, as it was in Sims 2, wouldn't it?
I'm just thinking for a solution matching to my playingstyle... maybe there could be an empty room in the middle and the guests-rooms (only one door for each) all around.
Only one room is for the owner/leads to his place and this door could be blocked with furniture.
(I used that when I put the VERY annoying school-cheerleaders from Sims 2 University on the roof of the house the visited, and when there were stairs, I blocked them with a desk. )
Putting a desk away seems easier to me than this testingcheat, I never used it before and am a little nervous.

A little later: I see the problem now! If all guest-doors are open, the guest in the poor room will surely use the better room, no?
Maybe I put a cheap desk in front of EVERY door. *scratching head and thinking*
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 6:15 PM
I'm going to try this challenge! It seems really fun
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 5:51 AM
Ill try after i finish the princess challenge. One question though how do the guests come in? do i meet them and then invite over or..
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 3:25 AM
SO.... They will starve to death?
Test Subject
#15 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 6:26 AM
I've completed another version of the hotel challenge, and it's completely different to this version! This challenge definitely seems a lot more interesting and fun! I look forward to doing this when I complete my current challenge. xx :D
Test Subject
#16 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 5:45 PM
Hiya, how do i let guests take a shower as they have access to one but won't use it because they are guests -_- so other than cheating their motives up how else can I fill their needs ?
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 6:01 PM
Hi Im new here and to sims 4 and I like the sound of all these different challenges but how do you start them? Do I start a challenge in sims 4 as thought I was playing an ordinary sims game or do I do the challenges from somewhere else?
Test Subject
#18 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PerfectPrincess1
Hi Im new here and to sims 4 and I like the sound of all these different challenges but how do you start them? Do I start a challenge in sims 4 as thought I was playing an ordinary sims game or do I do the challenges from somewhere else?

Hello! Welcome to the Sims 4!
To start a challenge, you make it as if it was a normal game.
Challenges are usually made by the players so you can't really have them ingame.
I hope I helped!
UniSims
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 8:46 PM

These are the Simons Siblings, Edward and Jess. They're parents gave the control of the family hotel, They're dad put Edward in charge so Jess was chosen as the maid. Her mum taught her how to cook.
Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 9:10 AM
Default Hotel Challenge
I am going to try it but this sounds hard but I will follow up. But I think I will have fun with the hotel challenge
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 5:53 PM
I'm having similar issues where the guests won't use the items I've left in their rooms because of the whole "inappropriate" issue with guests, so I'm not sure what to do about that. I'm also having a glitch where a Sim will announce they're leaving, and suddenly phase through the walls and walk right off the lot!
Test Subject
#22 Old 22nd Nov 2016 at 3:42 AM
im new to sims 4, will the hotel be on a residential lot?
Test Subject
#23 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 3:35 AM
Default Great challenge!
Omg sounds awesome. I'm going to try it now!
Test Subject
#24 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GraphicLotus96
im new to sims 4, will the hotel be on a residential lot?

Yes it would
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 4:38 AM
Now The Doors Can Lock! Yayayayyaya
Page 1 of 2