Replies: 0 (Who?), Viewed: 2636 times.
#1 27th Feb 2017 at 8:12 PM
The Sims 4 Rags to Riches Mega ChallengeThe point of this challenge is for each simmer to get the sim of their choice from living in rags all the way up to riches. In order to complete this challenge your Sims must meet all of the main game challenge goals listed below. There are mandatory challenge goals that you must meet before you can complete some of the main challenges. There is also a list of optional goals for you to pick and choose from to go along with the main challenge.
Challenge Information and Rules:
• There are certain main goals you are not allowed to complete until you finish the Mandatory Steps that go with them, these side challenges can be found in the Mandatory Steps section. You must complete mandatory steps before you can get a job, build your home and start your family.
• Do not use any cheats unless it is to reset your sim, take away your money, or allow you to move objects. In the beginning of the game move into the most expensive empty lot and then get rid of all of your money. If you need to know how to do this, refer to the Helpful Hints section.
• To make money before you are allowed to get a job take advantage of the things listed in the Making Money section. Your spouse is not allowed to work until they have met the mandatory work requirement. If you have more than one working sim in your home they must each meet the requirement.
• You may not place anything on your Sims lot until you have unlocked the mandatory steps for building a home. Items your sim can carry are allowed to be set down or used on your own lot excluding seeds.
• You are not allowed to place items outside the walls of your home or use seeds until you finish the Mandatory Steps for Building a Garden.
• Before you own a bed you must use public places to sleep, you may not place a bed on a public lot. Outdoor retreat users may use a tent if you want but you must earn the money for it and it can not be placed on your own home lot. Once your friendly level is full with a sim you may stay at their home one night a week if you so wish. You must count the days and on the seventh day you can stay with them again. While at their home for that one night you are allowed to make and eat as many meals as you want to but you cannot take them with you. You can make one plate of food before you leave their home to take when you go. Do not sleep at any Sims home at any other time until you have a bed of your own.
• You can rummage for food, garden public plants or cook on the outdoor barbecues until you have built your home. I survived off of selling collectables and making food like this for a while before I got my home.
• If you decide to add any other sims besides the spouse and kids, they may not work in any way or earn money with hobbies like painting.
• If you are part of a club that can earn money by painting, writing, etc. You can not keep any of the money made by selling these items until you have finished every main goal. You may however hang the paintings in your home or delete them all.
Main Game Challenge Goals (Non optional)
A fully furnished home with:
• At least 3 Bedrooms.
• A Kitchen.
• A dining room.
• At least 2 Bathrooms.
• A family or living room.
• A study with at least one computer.
• An outdoor garden.
• A pool.
Have a Family:
• Get married to a sim you’ve created. (In order to do this properly and not unrightfully gain anything, you must place your future partner on an empty lot and take away all of their money. Or look at your money before getting married and subtract all the money or and items your husband or wife brings with them from your bank total.)
• Have at least two children.
• Become a grandparent.
Have a career:
• Pick any career of your choosing, you can use Get to Work, or any regular job. You may also run a restaurant, or store.
• Earn the Entrepreneurial lifetime reward.
• Reach level 10 of the career branch of your choosing/Or if you are running your own business earn $100,000 with your business and have your employees be fully trained.
• Complete at least one aspiration goal for both your original sim and their husband or wife.
• Complete one aspiration for each child you have. (You can do this in their childhood years or make it harder on yourself and accomplish this when they become adults.)
• Have a home worth at least $100,000.
• Have at least $200,000 in the bank. (If you want a harder challenge raise this goal up to $500,000 or even $1,000,000.)
Before you can complete the main goals for this challenge you must meet the qualifications listed below. Once you have completed one of these goals you can move on to the main goal it is paired with.
Mandatory Steps for Building a Home:
• You must have a level 5 in the handiness skill and 3 levels in logic.
• You must pay a fine of $500 to the city for noise disturbances before you begin building.
Mandatory Steps for Building a Garden:
• You must complete the Mandatory Steps for Building a Home.
• You must have your handiness skill up to level 7 and your gardening skill to level 5 before you can begin building or placing items outside.
• Blueprints cost $500.
Mandatory Steps for Getting a Job:
• You must have a home address before applying for a job. Complete the Mandatory Steps for Building a Home.
• Have one of each in your home: a bed, a toilette, a shower, a sink, a stove, a counter, a chair and a fridge.
• Pay $1000 for a college degree to begin your career.
Mandatory Steps for Having a Family:
• Before you can marry a sim you must have a starter home for them to live in.
• You must have all the necessary toddler items before your baby is born. (Bed, toys, potty, book shelf and a highchair.)
• Every kid you have must max out all of their skills as a toddler before they can age up.
• To age up to a teen each child must complete one of these options: have 5 levels in any 1 skill and perfect grades, or 10 levels in one skill.
• To level up to a young adult your sim must complete one of these options: Have 5 levels in any 2 skills and a part time job, or 10 levels in 2 skills.
• You must pay for and host a wedding every time a pair of sims get married.
• Get your starter sim and their husband or wife both to level 10 in their career.
• Have three or more children and at least three grandchildren.
• Have at least one child and their children live with your starter sim and their spouse.
• Expand your home; make it a mansion with the most expensive items in the game.
• Divorce your spouse and remarry after you have kids. (The same process must be met with your new spouse as your first.)
• Keep the kids if you divorce.
• Have an amazing relationship with your children.
• Have a part time hobby while working a career. (Example: painting or writing)
• Complete every type of party available with the highest success possible.
• Write one of every style book.
• Have at least 5 of your own paintings on the walls of your home.
• Woohoo in every place available.
• Complete one of your children’s aspirations as an adult.
• Complete one of your grandchildren’s aspirations as a child.
• Complete one of your grandchildren’s aspirations as an adult.
• Purchase one of each lifetime reward for one sim, excluding the potions.
• Have your family be worth one million dollars.
• Pool Parties Galore: Throw 10 house parties and have at least 3 guests swim at each one.
• Visit every public lot at least 3 times each in your game.
• Host 5 or more weddings.
• Read every book available in the Sims.
• Reach level five of every skill available in game.
• Have twins or triplets.
• Complete every optional goal available.
Taking Away Money
Press Ctrl + Shift + C to gain access to the cheat bar, type in testingcheats on and then hit enter. Open the cheat bar again and enter money 0 and hit enter again, this will take away all of your money. When you are completing a mandatory step and you have to pay money before you can complete it use this step. For example: you have $1075 and you need to pay $500 for blueprints use the cheat and set your money to $575 and you have no bought your blue print.
The options listed below seem to be what people think are the best ways to make money without having a career.
• Gardening (You can’t use seeds on your own lot but there are plenty of places around town that you can harvest plans from.)
• Painting (Find a lot with an easel and begin painting. If you can’t find an easel around town anywhere I suggest placing one in the park or on another public lot.)
• Writing (The library has full access to computers.)
• Programing (I’m not sure if you can do this on a public lot but if you are not allowed to, this would be a good way to make money once you have a home but no job yet.)
• Comedy (People say that this isn’t the fastest way to make money but it might help with this challenge. The nightclub has a mic stand that you can use.)
• Musical Instruments (You can make tips by playing the instruments provided for you in town or buy your own once you have built your starter home.)
• Collecting (When I started this challenge myself collecting was a major factor for me in the beginning. I sold the items I found and made some pretty good money off of it.)
• Video Gaming (Isn’t the most profitable earning system but you can still make some money off of playing games.)