Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 7:41 AM
Supernatural’s Mother Challenge
Supernatural’s Mother Challenge

The world had spent years destroying the Occults’ way of life, it was only recently has they been accepted, nonetheless there is still many who disagree with such creatures being alive. However one desires to stop this mindset.

A professor wishes to have his new experiment- supernatural creatures being watched grow as children to truly understand the living beings. He asks his spouse to help him on his task, and with no children of her own, she agrees. She chose to take on this new trial her husband chose for her- to birth and raise every subspecies of Super naturals.

In short
The husband wants to raise every type of supernatural to see how they are while maturing and growing, asking his spouse to take on the task.

Required

One EA pack that provides supernatural beings, if you cannot get them all, do the ones you can do- obviously.
Nraas Mastercontrol
Nraas Whoohoo
Mod to allow female impregnation from alien abduction
Nraas mover mod to go to other towns to find other Occult Sims

Sims
1) The Scientist, this man is almost the founder of the challenge. He will be helping the wife contain the supernatural, but not raising them. He needs two traits related to Knowledge or things to that theme, and also must have a Life Time Wish that is also related to Science. He cannot cook, clean, or raise the children unless it is affection (Hugs, cuddle- things of that nature) either gender is allowed, but I refer to him as a man since that’s how I did it.

2) The Wife, for my story, I chose her to be a little native and dumb, but you can have her any way you see fit. But she needs one trait to make her want to do this, Family Ordinated, Supernatural Fan, or the Life Time Wish surrounded by family. Or in her backstory, usually required to be female.

This can be story driven; it is up to you how the characters are. Is the scientist famous and known for breakthroughs- or is he trying to get his feet off the ground?

Goal
The goal is to raise every Occult sim type with a childhood or younger state (No robots, zombies or mummies) she cannot adopt, since this runs a chance of a human child and the Science wants a Occult child from birth to adulthood, this means- she will have each baby.
Now this is where Nraas Whoohoo comes into play, to lower jealousy since if he’s mad at you every time you have children, the challenge can get harder since her and his mood will always be low for the negative moodlets.
Doing this, there is a high chance of having human children, there are mods to help with this, but you can only go up to 60% chance for supernatural offspring, you must care and love the human children as you do the others.
The occult types you must bare:
Ghost
Fairy
Vampire
Werewolf
Alien
Plantsim
Genie (Optional)
Five types of children you must raise to adulthood to beat the challenge (and one if you feel up to it). I’d suggest towns with Occult Sims either custom or not, or to have her go on ‘vacations’ to other towns using Nraas to meet Occult Sims to get impregnated by.

The husband, for story purposes, must write and finish a book of his ‘research’, this is the goal of the spouses.

How to fail
Unlike the hundred baby challenge, you fail if your wife becomes an elder without each type of child.
The husband can be elder, but cannot die before the challenge is over, you are doing this for his study, without him, there is no reason.
If the social worker comes then you of course fail.

Rules
She cannot have a job, she will be spending her time trying to get pregnant or raising children

The scientist may have a job; in fact his Life Time Wish depends on him getting the Scientist career. You may use TestingCheats to raise his job level as you please, but note not to put it up where his lifetime wish is instantly since the game won’t let his Wish be completed this way, a level lower is suggested if you wish to have a famous Scientist character, as long as he is in the Science career you are following the rules.

The Occult children must be doing well in school; the Scientist wants to show they can be like any other human while also seeing how they tick.

The human children must live with the mother until they are young adults, you may put them in boarding school, but only three are allowed in boarding school at a time.

The Occult children are not allowed in boarding school

All Occult children must learn toddler skills

The wife is allowed to make money outside of work (Writing, painting, etc)

The husband may start his book of ‘research’ after the first Occult child is in their toddler stage.

The challenge I think can be easy, if you get the right town and know how to have each child, I chose to have Genie optional since, for me, I found it a bit difficult to get a Genie child.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 4:51 PM
I know this hasn't been replied to in a while, but I just wanted to say I may have added somethings to the challenge. But it sounds really fun. Because I have a lot of the packs I decided to add in more factors to the gameplay. If anyone cares to know, here you are:

So, I still have the husband being a scientist as per the rules, but I added in him being an alchemist because I thought it added to my "mad scientist' appeal. The reason I made him an alchemist is that he wants to not only research the occults, but he also wants to be them. It's his fatal flaw, being too focused on work. So for every occult that alchemy can turn your sim into, he will be turning into to impregnate his wife, and then turning back as quickly as possible so no one can notice. Beware the full moon!

The occults alchemy can turn you into : Vampire, Witch, Genie, Fairy, Werewolf. The Potent Cure Elixer turns occult sims back into humans. This would also be helpful because you need the gardening skill as a scientist and he would want to know all about those supernatural plants, and creatures, as well as what effects they have on the body. The other occult types mummy and so on I will not do as per the rules. But since I have some other packs I am including these:

Mermaids and Imaginary Friends. I will travel to Isla Paridiso for Mermaids, and get the imaginary friend through one of the children.

For the husband's requirements; to make it even HARDER on myself, I have decided that he is going to write one non-fiction book after the birth of each supernatural child, and once they are all born he will write one, larger book detailing all of his research to go along with the story line. This seems like a taxing headache that I will openly welcome, and if anyone wants to try my notified version your welcome to it.

Thank you, creator!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All the packs I will be using, and what for:

Showtime - Genie
Generations - Imaginary Friend
Supernatural - Vampire, Witch, Werewolf, Fairy and the Alchemy skill
Island Paradise - Mermaids
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 8:44 PM
Wow! That's a wonderful addition to my challenge, very cool, I wish I had thought of them haha. I hope this goes well for you!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 8:33 PM
I just came across this challenge, and decided I like it. I am going to be playing it with a twist though, which I thought up since I just started a game this last week with a teen vampire, using PuddingFace's Enhanced Vampires.

Ambrosia Cassian (don't judge me!) grew up in the sheltered supernatural community of Mystic Falls. When she finished high school, she headed off to University, with dreams of becoming an award winning journalist. As she started meeting new and interesting people, she naively confessed to everyone she met that she was a vampire, and they all rejected her.

She has decided that she will show the world the value of supernaturals, and get revenge on the humans that humiliated her, too. She will use her vampire powers (from Enhanced Vampires) to mind control a human scientist into moving in with her and marrying a naive and innocent young woman, and use her mystical powers to run the experiment, all the while writing articles about the progress. With her powers, she can smooth over any relationship bumps that occur with the unfortunate couple, and can help "encourage" any reluctant participants to help the young mother become pregnant with their child.

My saved game is named "Occultery"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FreakyRufus
I just came across this challenge, and decided I like it. I am going to be playing it with a twist though, which I thought up since I just started a game this last week with a teen vampire, using PuddingFace's Enhanced Vampires.

Ambrosia Cassian (don't judge me!) grew up in the sheltered supernatural community of Mystic Falls. When she finished high school, she headed off to University, with dreams of becoming an award winning journalist. As she started meeting new and interesting people, she naively confessed to everyone she met that she was a vampire, and they all rejected her.

She has decided that she will show the world the value of supernaturals, and get revenge on the humans that humiliated her, too. She will use her vampire powers (from Enhanced Vampires) to mind control a human scientist into moving in with her and marrying a naive and innocent young woman, and use her mystical powers to run the experiment, all the while writing articles about the progress. With her powers, she can smooth over any relationship bumps that occur with the unfortunate couple, and can help "encourage" any reluctant participants to help the young mother become pregnant with their child.

My saved game is named "Occultery"

That is so amazing and brings so much to the table than my original challenge! I hope for updates, this sounds so fun!!
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 7:06 PM
I absolutely love this idea!! I'm gonna mess around and give it a try! I'm also going to be doing renariri's suggestion of writing a nonfiction book for each child. I love that!! If I get anywhere with it I'll keep you updated in this thread
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 8:34 PM Last edited by FreakyRufus : 28th Mar 2021 at 1:02 AM.
Default Sims Occultery Update #1
Sorry about the lack of updates. I have a bunch, but this won't be all of my progress.

Ambrossia Cassian was a young vampire sim. She grew up in the sheltered Supernatural community of Moonlight Falls.

When she went off to University, she proudly admitted she was a vampire to everysim that she met. They all rejected her because of that.

The experience twisted her mind, until she came up with a convoluted scheme, partly revenge and partly "I'll show them!"

Her scheme: she would show the world the worth of Supernatural sims. She would recruit a human scientist, using her considerable powers of the mind if necessary. The scientist would marry a human wife. The wife would have children with various supernatural fathers, and raise them, until she had successfully raised at least one child of each supernatural type.

The scientist would be responsible for earning the funds to keep the scheme afloat. He would also gather scientific data on the developmental stages of each of the supernatural species.

The wife would be the sole carer for the children, and would need to keep the house clean and keep the family fed. The scientist and Ambrossia cannot help with these tasks, otherwise they might taint the results of the experiment.

Ambrossia's role in this would be to write news articles and books documenting the progress. She would also assist in "convincing" the various supernatural fathers to participate. Once the fathers contribute their genetic material, they will have no further participation in the experiment.

Ambrosia "recruits" Bryce to her scheme

Ambrossia watches Bryce and Adria marry in a private ceremony

Bryce seems okay with his wife having children with other sims, but insists on giving her a new tattoo each time she is pregnant

Aura and Aisling are vampires and the first supernaturals born in the scheme
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 1:17 AM
I have started a tumblr for the goings-on in my Occultery game: the introduction is found here
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 10:21 PM
Default Occultery Tragedy

Scientist hubby Bryce was turned into a gold statue and his family mourns

Trying to squeeze every possible bit of income out of his alchemy skills, Bryce was trying to transform useless junk into gold. After several failed attempts, he tried one time to many and was himself turned into a solid gold statue. His family is distraught.

Ambrossia is upset, as she genuinely liked Bryce, but she also is worried about the outcome of the experiment. Without a scientist to give some "legitimacy" to her insane attempts, she is concerned that the rest of the world will not accept the findings as valid.

The real tragedy is that the extra income wasn't needed. The family already has a comfortable income, between Bryce's salary as a Create-Robot Cross breeder and Ambrossia's earnings as a Star New Anchor.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th May 2021 at 7:51 PM
Default Occultery: Now Up to Six Supernatural Types

Adria (and thus, Ambrossia's experiment) now has 18 children, from seven pregnancies, with seven different fathers. With nine Supernatural children, exactly half of her offspring are human.

She can now check off vampire, fairy, genie, werewolf, witch, and ghost from her list. Left to go are alien, mermaid, and PlantSim. She's not sure how she will have a PlantSim child, but she supposes that Ambrossia will figure something out.

Follow the ongoing progress on Ambrossia's blog .
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 20th May 2021 at 8:19 PM
The rules that I am using for raising the children are basically a variation on rules from a few versions of the 100 Baby Challenge.
  • infants can be aged up on the first morning after they have spent at least 12 hours in the household
  • toddlers have to learn all the basic toddler skills: potty training, walking, and talking
  • children and teens can be aged up as soon as they make the honor roll
  • young adults can move (be kicked) out of the house as soon as they become young adults

The way I see it, without letting the kids grow up early, there is no way the mother will stay young enough to complete the challenge, without repeated use of various items to keep her young (potions, elixirs, life fruit, etc.). I have my life span options set to "Normal", for an expected life of around 78 days for a human sim.

Even with aging all the kids up at least a day or two early (or several for some of the more talented ones), my human mother sim is currently at 78 days old. She is still in the Adult stage, and hasn't used her Fountain of Youth Elixir to roll back to YA. She had a genie lamp, and one of her wishes was for a long life, which basically doubles the total days in each life stage. She has also eaten life fruit several times, which also adds one day to your current stage each time you eat it.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 12:00 AM Last edited by popcornstar45 : 29th Jun 2021 at 1:50 AM. Reason: P
Default Mother Of the Occult Challenge (Progress so Far)
Awhile back I started this challenge after seeing some TS4 YouTube video doing It. Recently I found this thread which explained the challenge in greater lengths.
I ended up playing by the general rules of this thread with a few altercations.

The general rules I was abiding by was allowing the use of Nrass master Controller, Nrass story progression and random genetics. No money cheats allowed however you can set beginning household funds at start of game or use cheats to correct funds after teens move out. I was able to choose my base home and my sim then start the game. all romantic and relationships had to be earned. My sim would not be allowed to marry until all the occult children were born so all romantic interest made throughout the play through are potential husbands for the end. She was also not allowed to work until she had a teen in her household to help raise the little ones. Ageing up was allowed as soon as the toddlers or kids achieved something such as learning a skill or in the toddler case talking, walking, potty training etc. Also lifespans were set to max since I needed as much time as I could get. As soon as the kids aged to teen I moved them in with their dads since having more then eight sims in a household with Nrass is possible but does not allow for pregnancies. So I was rotating my full eight sim household with every new child born.

Meet The Mortilalle Family Founded by Evelyn Mortilalle

Alexander (wishing well child), Noelle (human), Eros (plant sim), Sage (ghost), Corrin (Alien)
Lyzander (genie), Aris (mermaid), Hawkin (Reaper Kid), Kieran (Reaper Kid), Morrigan (Reaper kid), Annalise (Imaginary friend)

The Hubbies Who will she choose? Find out next week on the Bachelorette!

Oxqa Yoth (Alien), Grim Reaper, Johan Wrede (Human)
Lewis Milne (Imaginary Friend), Alvion Hawia (Genie), Sires Bail (Mermaid)

The Grim reaper kids were achieved by using Nrass Master Controller and a sim death/ birthday glitch. I was able to add him as a roommate, Try for baby and then dismiss him and reset him, effectively returning him to his Grim reaper status. So he is the 100% the base game reaper.

Occults I have left for this generation:
-Vampire
-Werewolf
-Witch
-Fairy

Next generation occults: (will probably just have most of these be part of family tree, join household or be transformed into, I could always use mods though to enable reproduction)
-Mummy
-Simbot
-Zombie
-Plumbot
-Toad sim
-Tragic Clown
-Time Traveler (Playing with this life state is not advised, as it can break an ongoing game)

For those Interested in more pictures they can be found on my tumblr.
The CC I used can be found here: Sims3 Custom Content sites and Downloads .
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by popcornstar45
As soon as the kids aged to teen I moved them in with their dads since having more then eight sims in a household with Nrass is possible but does not allow for pregnancies. So I was rotating my full eight sim household with every new child born.

Just as an FYI, you can tune NRaas Woohooer to basically use all the rules from stock game for allowing woohoo, romance, etc., BUT also allow Try for Baby and pregnancy beyond 8 sims in the house.