Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 10:15 PM Last edited by Harambibi : 4th Jul 2020 at 4:50 AM. Reason: M
Default Tax-Free, Career-Based BaCC Ruleset *UPDATED 07/04/20*
MY TAX-FREE, CAREER BASED BACC RULES (UPDATED 06/19/20)

06/19/20 UPDATE: Tweaked requirements for the Military Career and Military Boot Camp!
01/14/19 UPDATE: LyleSnake made a very useful spreadsheet (Post #15 in this thread) to help us monitor our game progress. Thanks for the extra hand, Lyle!
01/14/19 UPDATE: Added a requirement for the Criminal Career!
01/19/19 UPDATE: Revised some rules to increase difficulty, hehe!
01/28/19 UPDATE: Added the option to create pets in CAS since there wasn't any before making it impossible to build a Pet Shop.

Hi. I'm not good with introductions so I'll get straight to it.

Since I find the rule of tax-paying in BaCC a real hassle than a challenge, and I don't use mods and could only download a few cc's, I decided to remove it and changed some rules to suit my game. I read a lot of BaCC rules (including the original, and variants from Nepheris, Keoni, and Deedee to mention a few) to guide me through this revision process and my rules still follow the structure of creating a town from scratch. However, these rules are career-driven, barely requires population count and mods, doesn't require you to own a business, and most importantly, doesn't require you to pay taxes! At all! So if you're up for it, scroll down!

Warning: This challenge will take a lot of time and effort as it requires you more Sims to play to expand. The progression will be slow but it's rewarding to know you worked very hard for it.

STARTING OUT

The challenge begins once you've chosen a clean empty neighborhood. It may be lush, desert, dirt, concrete or a custom terrain for cc users. You may only decorate your hood with trees, beaches, birds, and rocks. Only until you're connected to all subhoods will all neighborhood decorations be unlocked.

CREATING HOUSEHOLDS

Before playing, you must determine how many households you'll begin with. To do this, you roll a dice. Each number corresponds to the number of households you will make. (1-2: 2, 3-4: 3, 5-6: 4)
Now that you have your number of households, the next thing you must determine is the number of Sims for each household. You will call your first Sims your "settlers". To do this, you must roll the dice for every household you create. (1: 1, 2: 2, 3-4: 3, 5-6: 4) Each household should be composed of only adults and elders with sibling, married, or parent-child relationship and a maximum of 2 pets. No roommates allowed; you may only combine households in-game. There should only be one married couple and offspring should always have a set of parents. So for example, if you rolled 6, that gives you four Sims. You may have 4 siblings, 3 siblings where one of them is married, 2 elder siblings where one is married and has an adult child, or an elder couple with two adult children. If you rolled 4, you get three Sims. You may have 3 siblings, 2 siblings where one is married, and an elder couple with one adult child. If you rolled 2, you get two Sims. They may be siblings or a couple. And if you rolled 1, he's single. If it's still unclear to you, here's a guide. (SP: Spouse, SI: Sibling, PA: Parent, CH: Child)

1 Sim + Max. 2 Pets: Single
2 Sims + Max. 2 Pets: SI-SI / SP-SP
3 Sims + Max. 2 Pets: SI-SI-SI / SI-SISP-SP / PA-PA-CH
4 Sims + Max. 2 Pets: SI-SI-SI-SI / SI-SI-SISP-SP / SI-SIPA-PA-CH / PA-PA-CH-CH

You are free to choose your Sims' skin color, hair, clothes, and the rest. However, you're not free to choose their personality and aspirations. To determine their aspirations, roll the dice once. (1: Family, 2: Fortune, 3: Knowledge, 4: Popularity, 5: Romance, 6: Pleasure) To determine their personalities, roll the dice twice and get the sum. (2: Capricorn, 3: Aquarius, 4: Pisces, 5: Aries, 6: Taurus, 7: Gemini, 8: Cancer, 9: Virgo, 10: Libra, 11: Sagittarius) You may tweak their personality traits as long as it doesn't change the sign assigned to them.

Note that these rules should be applied every time you create a household.
MOVING IN

Your settlers must build their house in an empty lot (beach lots are allowed) of any size. You may use build cheats! You have access to phone, water, and electricity. Unfortunately, fire, burglar alarms and water sprinklers are locked (See Town Expansion, Police Station) and phone services are very limited. (See Unlocking Services) You are not allowed to buy a new fridge after you've purchased your first one. You have to fish or grow your own garden to restock it (See Town Expansion, Grocery). Also, you may only use cars after you've built your town's first community lot. This includes the junk car.

Further in the game you will unlock establishments that will reward you with either a CAS household or a residential lot. (See Town Expansion) Keep in mind that a household will need a residential lot or apartment space to move in. This includes transferring. An available residential lot may be empty or an unoccupied house. A built house cannot be bulldozed but can be renovated. Also, an empty residential lot must remain empty until a family moves in it and build their own house. You may only move your family to a new place if they have lived in their current house for a minimum of 14 Sim days.

UNLOCKING SERVICES

To unlock phone services, your household must have a phone. You may use the phone for social interactions and social services. However, some services require establishments (See Town Expansion) or people to function. The list below shows the locked services.

Bartender - Requires a bar (community lot).
Chinese Food Delivery - Requires a diner.
College - Requires University. (See Connecting to Subhoods, University) Only Sims with funds less than $5000 may apply for scholarship.
Emergency (Firefighter and Police) - Requires a police station.
Grocery Delivery - Requires a grocery.
Headmaster - Requires a public library.
Home Business - Requires City Hall.
Matchmaking Service - Requires atleast one Sim working under the Paranormal Career. Unavailability of the requirement disables the service.
Nanny - Requires a day care.
Obedience Trainer - Requires a pet shop.
Pet Adoption Service - Requires a pet shop.
Pizza Delivery - Requires a diner.
Real Estate - Requires City Hall.
Taxi - Requires atleast one community lot.
Vacation - Requires atleast one vacation destination. (See Connecting to Subhoods, Vacation)

PURSUING CAREERS

To grow your town, you must have community lots. And to have community lots, you must find the right Sims who mastered their career to help you. But since you only have your settlers to begin with, you will not find these Sims-- you will make them. Here's the list of careers you can pursue to unlock establishments and expand your town:

Architecture - Open to your settlers and Art and Mathematics graduates only. Only one City Planner (Rank 10) allowed at a time.*
Artist - Open to Sims with max Arts and Crafts hobby only.
Athletic - Open to Sims with max Fitness or Sports hobby only.
Business - Open to all.
Criminal - Open to Sims with 3 bars or less in the Nice Personality Trait and Sims with household funds less than $1000 only.
Culinary - Open to Sims with max Cuisine hobby only.
Education - Open to your settlers and all college graduates only. Only one Education Minister (Rank10) allowed at a time.*
Entertainment - Open to Sims with max Film and Literature hobby only.
Gamer - Open to Sims with max Games hobby only.
Intelligence - Open to Psychology and Political Science graduates only.
Journalism - Open to Art and Philosophy graduates only.
Law - Open to your settlers and Political Science graduates only. Only one The Law (Rank 10) allowed at a time.*
Law Enforcement - Open to Psychology graduates only. Only one Captain Hero (Rank 10) allowed a time.*
Medicine - Open to Biology and Physics graduates only. Only one Chief of Staff (Rank 10) allowed at a time.*
Military - Open to settlers and Sims who are willing to leave their current household, change their hairstyle, and train in the Military Boot Camp until they're promoted to Commander (Rank 8). Once promoted to Commander, they must leave the camp immediately. If a Sim is demoted while in the camp, he is then evicted and is banned from entering the Military within 14 Sim days. Only one General (Rank 10) at a time.*

Hairstyles Allowed for Women:
1. Getfabulous
2. Lowbun
3. Ponytailhigh
4. Shortslick

Hairstyles Allowed for Men:
1. Bald
2. Cornrows
3. Crewcut
4. Shortcombed

Music - Open to Sims with max Music or Dance hobby only.
Natural Science - Open to Biology graduates only.
Oceanography - Open to Sims with Gold Fishing Badge only. Only one Hand of Poseidon (Rank 10) allowed at a time.*
Paranormal - Open to all. Only two Cult Leaders (Rank 10) allowed at a time.
Politics - Open to your settlers and graduates of Political Science and Economics only. Only one Mayor (Rank 10) allowed at a time.*
Science - Open to Physics and Mathematics graduates only.
Security (Pets) - Open to pets and requires a Sim at Law Enforcement Rank 5 within the neighborhood.
Service (Pets) - Open to pets and requires a Nurse Sim (Medicine Rank 3) within the neighborhood.
Show Business - Open to Drama and Literature graduates only.
Show Business (Pets) - Open to pets and requires a Cartoon Voice Sim (Show Business Rank 5) within the neighborhood.
Slacker - Open to all.

* If another Sim accidentally tops the career, you must roll the dice once to seal their fate. 1-3: The challenger replaces the former Sim and the former Sim must quit immediately. 4-6: The former Sim retains his job and the challenger must quit immediately. Tough luck, so be watchful!

Tip: Make sure you have at least one settler in the Architecture, Education, Law, and Politics career for a quick start.

TOWN EXPANSION

Now that you've pursued your chosen career, it's time to expand your town and build community lots. To build community lots, you must first have a City Planner. The City Planner enables you to build establishments. He, however, does not unlock any establishment. If your City Planner quits or dies, your ability to build is once again disabled. The list below shows the establishments you can build.

A
Art Gallery - Requires an Art Critic (Artist Rank 7) and should only be built once. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household or one residential lot. This lot can be purchased.

Apartment Lots - You may build one apartment for every fourth household in your neighborhood. Maximum of four rent spaces only per apartment.

B
Bar - Requires a Master of Ceremonies (Entertainment Rank 8). Unlocking this grants you one CAS household and one residential lot and access to bartender service. This lot can be purchased.

Book Shop - Requires a Sim to sell a novel worth atleast $2000 and should only be built once. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household or one residential lot. This lot can be purchased.

C
Cemetery - Requires three graves in the neighborhood. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household or one residential lot. This lot cannot be purchased.

City Hall - Requires a Mayor (Politics Rank 10) and The Law (Law Rank 10) and should only be built once. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household and one residential lot. This lot cannot be purchased.

Clothing Shop - Requires a Sim with Gold Sewing Badge. You may build one clothing shop for every two Sims with Gold Sewing Badge. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household or one residential lot. This lot can be purchased.

Coffee Shop - Requires an Executive Chef (Culinary Rank 8) and a grocery. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household or one residential lot. This lot can be purchased.

Community Garden/Park - Requires Rogue Botanist (Natural Science Rank 6) and a flower shop and should only be built once. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household or one residential lot. This lot cannot be purchased.

D
Day Care - Requires a household composed of atleast four non-adults (babies to teens) and should only be built once. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household and one residential lot and access to nanny service. This lot cannot be purchased.

Diner - Requires a Waitress (Culinary Rank 5) and a grocery. You may build one diner for every two Waiters. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household and one residential lot and access to food delivery service. This lot can be purchased.

F
Flower Shop - Requires a Sim with Gold Flower Arranging Badge. You may build one flower shop for every two Sims with Silver Flower Arranging Badge. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household or one residential lot. This lot can be purchased.

G
Grocery - Requires a Sim with Gold Gardening or Fishing Badge and should only be built once. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household and one residential lot, access to grocery delivery service and a new fridge. This lot can be purchased.

Gym - Requires Coach (Athletic Rank 9) and should only be built once. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household or one residential lot. This lot cannot be purchased.

H
Hotel - Requires access to atleast one vacation destination. (See Connecting to Subhoods, Vacation) You may build a hotel for every eighth household in your neighborhood. This lot can be purchased.

Hospital - Requires a Chief of Staff (Medicine Rank 10) and should only be built once. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household or one residential lot. This lot cannot be purchased.

House of Worship - Requires a Cult Leader (Paranormal Rank 10). You may build two different House of Worship's. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household or one residential lots. This lot cannot be purchased.

I
Internet Cafe - Requires a Game Designer (Gamer Rank 10) and should only be built once. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household or one residential lot. This lot can be purchased.

M
Mall - Requires connection to Downtown and Bluewater Village and should only be built once. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household and one residential lot. This lot can be purchased.

Military Boot Camp (A Dormitory) - Requires a General (Military Rank 10) and a science observatory and should only be built once. Only Sims who signed up for Military career are allowed to live in the camp. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household and one residential lot. This lot cannot be purchased.

Movie House - Requires Broadway Star (Show Business Rank 7) and should only be built once. Unlocking this earns you one CAS household and one residential lot and access to pet services. This lot cannot be purchased.

P
Pet Shop - Requires atleast eight pets (cats and dogs) in the neighborhood and should only be built once. Unlocking this earns you one CAS household and one residential lot and access to pet services. This lot cannot be purchased.

Police Station - Requires a Police Chief (Law Enforcement Rank 9) and a Head of SCIA (Intelligence Rank 10) and should only be built once. Only Sims employed under Politics, Law, Law Enforcement, and Intelligence may visit this lot. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household, one residential lot, fire and burglar alarms, and access to emergency services. This lot cannot be purchased.

Public Beach - Requires a Marine Biologist (Oceanography Rank 6) and should only be built once. Unlocking this earns you one CAS household or one residential lot. This lot cannot be purchased.

Public Library - Requires a High School Principal (Education Rank 7) and a book shop and should only be built once. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household and one residential lot and access to private school. This lot cannot be purchased.

R
Recording Studio - Requires Studio Musician (Music Rank 7) and should only be built once. Unlocking this earns you one CAS household or one residential lot. This lot cannot be purchased.

Restaurant - Requires a Restaurateur (Culinary Rank 9) and a diner. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household or one residential lot. This lot can be purchased.

S
Salon - Requires a Sim with Gold Cosmetology Badge. You may build a salon for every two Sims with Silver Cosmetology Badge. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household or one residential lot. This lot can be purchased.

Science Observatory - Requires a Top Secret Researcher (Science Rank 8) and should only be built once. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household or one residential lot. This lot cannot be purchased.

Secret Hideout - Requires a Criminal Mastermind (Criminal Rank 10) and should only be built once. Only Sims employed under the Criminal career may visit this lot. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household or one residential lot. This lot cannot be purchased.

T
Town Plaza - Requires 20 residents (pets are not counted) and the City Hall and should only be built once. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household and one residential lot. This lot cannot be purchased.

Toy Shop - Requires a Sim with Gold Toy Making Badge. You may build one toy shop for every two Sims with Silver Toy Making Badge. Unlocking this grants you one CAS household or one residential lot. This lot can be purchased.

CONNECTING TO SUBHOODS

To connect to subhoods, you must have the requirements of the following:

Bluewater Village - Requires two Business Tycoons (Business Rank 10), City Hall, and 30 residents in the neighborhood.

Downtown — Requires one bar, one diner, one movie house, one apartment, City Hall, and 30 residents in the neighborhood.

University - Requires public library and City Hall.

Vacation - Requires one salon, one public beach, one restaurant, City Hall and 30 residents in the neighborhood.

And that's it! I hope you find these rules fun and challenging! Thanks!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 6:45 PM
i'm trying this,it'll be my first attempt at a BACC !
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 11:53 AM
I've got a town for this challenge in TS2UC and I'll be using a Modded game to fix issues and keep community lot visitors under control.I'll modify a few rules as needed though like only allowing part-time jobs for the first settlers.I've got a Mod that unlocks that for adults.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 1:18 AM
Looking through this, I noticed a Catch-22 issue:
  1. You need a City Planner (Architecture 10) to build community lots.
  2. The Architecture career is restricted to University graduates (Art & Mathematics majors).
  3. Getting a Uni subhood requires two specific community lots... which can't be built without a City Planner.
Together, this means that, going by the rules as written, you'll never be able to build community lots. Unfortunately, the OP hasn't been on the site since last October.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 6:54 PM
You spotted the whole inconsistency of this challenge. In my mind, challenges are made to be hard, not impossible to complete.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 3:06 PM
I've been working with Wordpad to write up some new and better rules for this that are doable.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 6:50 PM
I'd love to see them! Looking forward to your efforts. It can't be impossible to do this sort of scenario-just a bit harder.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#8 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 12:28 AM
This looks like fun overall, but it does need a few things ironed out. I look forward to seeing TadOlsen's tweaks!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 12:32 PM
I would not allow sprinklers before you have a fire service. Sprinklers in real life require a lot of plumbing and maintenance (in fact I would only allow them in appartment or community lots), whereas fire men could be represented by your neighbors carrying water buckets.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 7:11 AM
I'll put it in the rules that sprinklers are required as a proxy for buckets being used to put fires out and firealarms for the green energy sources as the sims need those out out or the fire would spread over their property.I also have minumun numbers of households required for adding subhoods and a requirement for how many shopping districts are to be added before adding a downtown.
I would also use a Mod found here that fixes the subhood selection UI so you won't have to activate the default downtown and shopping districts before selecting custom maps for those.
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 11:12 PM
I can't wait to try these! <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 8:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by G-Mon
Looking through this, I noticed a Catch-22 issue:
  1. You need a City Planner (Architecture 10) to build community lots.
  2. The Architecture career is restricted to University graduates (Art & Mathematics majors).
  3. Getting a Uni subhood requires two specific community lots... which can't be built without a City Planner.
Together, this means that, going by the rules as written, you'll never be able to build community lots. Unfortunately, the OP hasn't been on the site since last October.

Thank you for pointing that out for me!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 16th May 2018 at 10:26 PM
This is the simplest BaCC I've seen so far. I will definitely give this a try! Thank you for it.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 12:54 PM
I've started testing this out according to my rules and my family made it through the first day.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 7:08 PM
I've been playing this BACC for a while now and it's going really well! I just unlocked community lots and built a grocery store. I also made a spreadsheet to go along with it and I'll attach a blank version here.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  BACC blank.rar (30.8 KB, 543 downloads) - View custom content
Description: .xslx sheet for BACC challenge
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LyleSnake
I've been playing this BACC for a while now and it's going really well! I just unlocked community lots and built a grocery store. I also made a spreadsheet to go along with it and I'll attach a blank version here.

Glad you like it!!! Thank you!!!
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 10:48 PM
I love this version of the rules. Have I missed something - how do you know when you've "won", is there an ultimate goal? Most of them use a multiplying factor system to get to a "population" of 50K, but this one thankfully does not. Is it just having all the community lots built, uni/downtown/shopping district opened and all careers with at least one sim at level 10? Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th May 2019 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Danielis
I love this version of the rules. Have I missed something - how do you know when you've "won", is there an ultimate goal? Most of them use a multiplying factor system to get to a "population" of 50K, but this one thankfully does not. Is it just having all the community lots built, uni/downtown/shopping district opened and all careers with at least one sim at level 10? Thanks!

Hi! The only goal here is to enjoy building your city until you're satisfied with it! Hahaha! Glad you like it!
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th May 2021 at 10:04 PM
I really dig this but I don't like that I'd need to build multiples of things (salons, florists, clothing shops, and such) to unlock residential lots- so I've honestly been playing without that aspect and just treat every lot unlock like a CAS household/Sim- with binnies and the university & bluewater families to eventually count as a CAS household. I also let my sims order groceries before having the grocery store unlocked but I add an extra §100 for the long-distance delivery fee. I use mods to make careers pay less & I have special in-game laws that add different challenges (a caste system, specifically). I'm on my fourth rotation and really enjoying it thus far, though.
here's the blog I have of it: https://new-stallwick.tumblr.com/

ETA, when reading this there's a lot of die-rolling with a d6, but I'd like to say that if you get a dice-roller app on your phone for Dungeons & Dragons, it's got d12s, d20s, d100s, etc, for those times when you need more than 6 numbers.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 7th May 2021 at 8:37 AM
I've been into my BACC in Dodge to test out a Mod to fix the going to work for apartment residents and it appears that the issue is fixed.It means that residents of apartment lots no longer have to have common cars to get to work and can be directed to walk to work of they missed the carpool or it's been disabled.I'll unlock more community lots and more smaller lot size options with more couples moving in and that can also open up the option to take more jobs.
Test Subject
#21 Old 7th May 2021 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I've been into my BACC in Dodge to test out a Mod to fix the going to work for apartment residents and it appears that the issue is fixed.It means that residents of apartment lots no longer have to have common cars to get to work and can be directed to walk to work of they missed the carpool or it's been disabled.I'll unlock more community lots and more smaller lot size options with more couples moving in and that can also open up the option to take more jobs.

I'd really love to see your rule-set & what mods you are using to tweak/fix things!
Mad Poster
#22 Old 8th May 2021 at 5:51 AM
I've been working on them in WordPad though I ave to make sure to get them better orangized and upload the documents when that's done and do a Homesteader's Challenge rule document.I've got a Mod from here to fix the getting to work or school by restoring the walk to work and walk to school actions.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 1:05 AM
What about careers like show business?
Mad Poster
#24 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 3:32 PM
I wouldn't unlock that until my town was large enough to have a downtown under construction and a rapidly gorwing population.It would also have atleast a few shopping districts and also a campus would've already been in place though not too many are attending yet.
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Jan 2022 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sizza
What about careers like show business?

I wrote down that it's open to drama & lit grads only, and I'd like to make a theater once I get someone to a certain level in it (haven't gotten that far yet though). In regards to the above comment, I use business districts as neighborhood annexes to give my new sims places to live, so maybe it would require a business district + university (for degree), that way you know your population is big enough for the "high brow" entertainment of the theater.

I also had to start over, so New Stallwick is no more. I'm now working on Davenport & just unlocked university so I'll see how it goes, no one's even in Uni yet, I am barely into rotation 3, so my input might not be worth the 2 cents I claim.
Page 1 of 2