Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 12:01 AM
Default Beth Harmon (Anya Taylor-Joy) - The Queen's Gambit
After watching (and becoming obsessed with) The Queen's Gambit, I decided to try and create Beth as a sim. I'm unsure how to continue, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 5:04 AM
Great start! The actresses face is actually a little longer. Can you make the chin longer and push it back. The eyes and mouth look good to me. Maybe raise the eyebrows a bit. Nose needs to be narrower at the bridge to make more of a triangle shape. Try turning the nose tip down a little, as well. Perhaps increase the nasolabial crease a bit. Looking forward to updates!
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#3 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 10:25 PM
i think this looks very good. I agree with all the suggestions made by SimmyRN on this. I also suggest making the hair slightly darker/redder and giving the nostrils more definition(slightly wider/more curvature).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 4:12 AM
Thank you both so much for your feedback! I've made some tweaks to her based on your comments. I have mainly been focusing on getting her profile more accurate. Noses are always a struggle for me, but I think it's getting closer. I've made her hair redder too, though I'm probably going to tweak the final color some more.

Staff - Moderator
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 4:30 AM
I think this looks a lot better than your first pictures. You have improved the chin area and the bridge of nose angie. I think the way to improve profile further may be to extend the nose or perhaps the face as a whole slightly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 12:05 AM
Profile and nose have been slightly extended now

Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 1:49 PM
She is looking uncannily real! I superimposed your images to show how the profiles match.

You might be able to see more clearly if I offset them a little, real person is <<left and sim is >>right.

Pretty close! Real Beth has a slightly more forward forhead and slightly receded chin/ lower jaw, nose matches precisely though!
Screenshots
Staff - Moderator
#8 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 3:18 PM
Looks very good!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Pretty close! Real Beth has a slightly more forward forehead and slightly receded chin/ lower jaw, nose matches precisely though!
Thank you for your input! I've made some tweaks to her profile, trying to get it more accurate in those areas. I tried superimposing my pictures, and personally, I think it's really close now.

I've also made some changes to the front, most noticeably changing her eyebrows to a pair I think more closely resembles the actress' (though I still need to tweak the color). The eyes have been slightly tweaked too.

And just for fun, I superimposed the front pictures too

Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
Looks very good!
Thank you! She's getting really close to upload
Screenshots
Scholar
#10 Old 29th Jan 2021 at 5:55 AM
Very nice! I think, maybe, make the nasal bridge a little narrower still and raise the nostrils a tiny bit, if possible. The nose and profile look great from the side. I think the model's hair is more of a ginger color rather than so red. I don't know how much you can adjust it. The hair style is a very close match. Great work!
Staff - Moderator
#11 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 8:19 PM
I think this looks very good. I think hair color sort of depends on which picture you want for the final sim. Some of the first reference pictures have lighter hair/some are darker. You should see how the sim looks in different lighting to be sure you are happy with your final selection.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 10:16 PM
Honestly, have you seen the recent Henry Cavill sims???

I'm gonna say it: They
look NOTHING like the guy. You are fracking fine with this sim. You are at least doing real work on this sim.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 11:40 PM
I think you are doing this sooooooooooo well!