Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 10:38 PM
Default Anyone up for testing my update/fix of the DA mod?
Nyx/NeilSimming allows remakes for their outdated mods as per their website, so I have been trying to work on fixing others after my run with Enhanced Aliens. Among those mods is Death Angels. I've kinda shared it on tumblr but that didn't successfully get me any testers hence why I'm posting here. I don't feel confident enough on this version of my edits to fully release it as an update of the mod here yet, but I'd like to properly share it here once I'm sure it's functional, and I am not yet sure. I believe it to be functional, but again, I don't want rely on my perspective alone with something this complex.

(The sheer size of the original mod definitely doesn't help there, since I consider it very possible for there to be issues I simply haven't noticed yet)

I can't find an archive of the original post so I'll just describe to the best of my ability: getting the Astral Altar of Death from build-buy and interacting with it starts the quest for your Sim to become a Death Angel. Once that's done, they'll have a Life Essence need that will then require them to reap souls to stay alive (they'll die immediately upon motive failure). Each level up of the reaping skill (max level 5) will grant them a new reaping gear with different perks, and they'll be able to inflict emotional/physical deaths. Once the skill is maxed, they can also use the bottled souls they collect in order to give themselves an emotion for 12 hours, otherwise they'll remain at +7000000 Emptiness.

I'll mention the issues I found and how I approached them:

Initial quest triggering LEs and otherwise not working: The issue seemed to be the reward_object loots not triggering, or being outdated. I just replaced all of them with the code of the inventory fish spawner (replaced the IDs for the proper items, of course) and the quest can be completed. All original interactions related to the quest but not to loots were still working.

Reaping sets triggering LEs and not actually granting sets: Same issue, but with the sets. Loots were broken.

Romantic Reaping Set was insane: the broadcaster had no blacklists and would increase the Death Angel's romance bar with literally anything nearby, which was frankly disturbing and so I added blacklists to every table I could think of.

Typos: Am aware of them but haven't fixed them since I kept editing other things and it's honestly low priority IMO.

Confirmed remaining issues:
  • The emptiness eyes only equipping when they so feel like it, despite even the notifications prompting the user to check out their Death Angel's eyes. The cas_part is on the code so honestly no idea what's wrong.
  • Mythical Underwater Reaping set has a delay in equipping cas_parts so the Death Angel will weirdly bend their legs for a moment while reaping before they change into mermaid form.
  • Some of the reaping sets don't appear to do anything other than have different VFXs and I'm not sure if that's how they originally were.
  • I never played with this mod during its original functional run so I'm having to look for issues specifically from what I see when looking over the code, so a fresh perspective might pick up stuff I haven't.

Again, this mod isn't my original creation, I've simply being trying to fix it for the sake of making things fun in the game.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  WORK_IN_PROGRESS_Nyx_DeathAngelsModpack_Dec2021_update.zip (13.78 MB, 17 downloads)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 8:36 AM
Hello.

I like testing, so I'll download it and start a save. It's holidays here though so it might take some time for me playing it. I have not played with the original mod, and the playstyle seems different from what I usually do in the game. I'll update. I most likely can not help you fix any issues encountered, just report on them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2021 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by andes
Hello.

I like testing, so I'll download it and start a save. It's holidays here though so it might take some time for me playing it. I have not played with the original mod, and the playstyle seems different from what I usually do in the game. I'll update. I most likely can not help you fix any issues encountered, just report on them.

Thank you!

And I understand, no rush whatsoever.