Replies: 8 (Who?), Viewed: 669 times.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2022 at 11:31 AM Last edited by Tashiketh : 29th Mar 2022 at 9:42 PM.
Default Notice of upcoming downtime Wednesday 30th March - NOT HAPPENING, DONE ALREADY!
Hi All,

MTS will be offline on Wednesday 30th March, to move to a new server. The downloads being unavailable a week ago where a result of a failing disk, and as such, I need to move to new hardware. All of the essential configuration has been done on the new server already, as well as a backup taken last week, however, I will need to bring the site offline to copy any remaining files, images, and a database dump, as well as change IP addresses and configure everything to point to the new server.

I do not have an estimated downtime on this since it depends on network speeds, amount of files etc. The site will be replaced with a maintenance message while this work is being carried out.

Turns out the file storage disk died today (again) anyway, so I went ahead and moved the schedule forward (which you probably all saw anyway :P)

Everything is on the new server now. I think I have everything configured correctly but please let me know if there are any issues in #site-feedback on Discord ( https://discord.com/invite/a3JmnTeN )

Regards,
T.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
10 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
-.-- -.-- --..
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Mar 2022 at 2:14 PM
Oooh, shiny new server! I hope it all goes well, I suppose I'll have to actually do some work on Wednesday then, instead of downloading stuff for my sims!

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -EON- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 3:21 AM
Thanks for the heads up

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Link Ninja
#4 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 6:03 AM
Great to know, thank you!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 12:05 PM
I was wondering why I could not download a lot. Should have read the news first.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles (including funerals, here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file)
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 12:58 PM
Just as I thought. Was wondering why I can't download stuff and gets Error code 500 eventhough I already tried a hard refresh and cleared cache.
Space Pony
#7 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 9:46 PM
That was fast. I was thinking it'd be down all day!
-.-- -.-- --..
retired moderator
#8 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 10:33 PM
Fantastic work @Tashiketh - the site was barely down at all! Nice one.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -EON- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Mar 2022 at 7:45 AM
@Tashiketh -Thanks for fixing the site and I've tested to see if the files are downloading and have gotten a few things.A ew of my downloads are for making new towns or for adding neighborhoods to my towns as they grow and become crowded.