Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 5:30 PM
Default Farm animals by Rebecah
I have farm animals of different creators in my downloadfolder. I know the ones of Rebecah are NPC's. Meaning every chicken, horse, cow... will have a new characterfile and I want to avoid that as much as possible. With a small Google search I found this: https://www.reddit.com/r/sims2/comm...d_farm_animals/
Which states that if you download Versatile Item Controller (Vicky NPC).zip by Chris Hatch, there will be only 1 NPC for all animals.
Can anyone confirm that? And does that count for all existing animals in game or only new generated ones.
Also how does the Item Controler actually work?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 6:06 PM
There's a post here where I explain Vicky and link to the mods that work with her and Chris Hatch's documentation. https://modthesims.info/showthread....209#post5938209
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 6:23 PM
I am pretty sure there are 4 or 5 NPC's in total - it is not that bad. They don't bother me at all and I have lots of sims in all my hoods.

When you need a clean hood (like I did, when building my custom hoods) - you just remove all the downloads anyway, as well as the hoods in your game, so there is a solution for that as well.

The number is not the problem - the problem is that you may accidentally delete them from your folder which then may have negative consequences for your hood.

So I just have them in a folder named DONOTDELETE
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I am pretty sure there are 4 or 5 NPC's in total - it is not that bad. They don't bother me at all and I have lots of sims in all my hoods.

When you need a clean hood (like I did, when building my custom hoods) - you just remove all the downloads anyway, as well as the hoods in your game, so there is a solution for that as well.

The number is not the problem - the problem is that you may accidentally delete them from your folder which then may have negative consequences for your hood.

So I just have them in a folder named DONOTDELETE

So there are only like 5 in total no matter how many animals are bought on 1 lot?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
So there are only like 5 in total no matter how many animals are bought on 1 lot?

Oh, dear, I honestly don't know if more will generate. I haven't played with them for a while (I have been building hoods for almost 2 years and am in the process of starting playing again). Normally, I don't have a lot of animals in a hood, just a small farmer or 2 with a couple of animals, so that may be why I did not notice.

I can see that being a real problem.

Good question, though - if more generate, Vicky will be the answer - but one will have to start over - the others are already in the game - I don't think you can just replace them? Guess I am off to read that thread about Vicky now.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 6:56 PM
Oh, dear, I honestly don't know if more will generate. I haven't played with them for a while (I have been building hoods for almost 2 years and am in the process of starting playing again). Normally, I don't have a lot of animals in a hood, just a small farmer or 2 with a couple of animals, so that may be why I did not notice.

I can see that being a real problem.

Good question, though - if more generate, Vicky will be the answer - but one will have to start over - the others are already in the game - I don't think you can just replace them? Guess I am off to read that thread about Vicky now.

(Oh, I see @Charity has already prepared everything there. Thank you )
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 7:28 PM
Thank you both!

I think I know what to do with those animals now.

Another question: Rebecca also made thinks like Rideable Tricycle, Big Wheel, Skateboard...
Are those also NPC's?

Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 8:07 PM
Another question: Rebecca also made thinks like Rideable Tricycle, Big Wheel, Skateboard...
Are those also NPC's?

If they move and are ridable, then yep.

I removed all of Beck's items from my new game, and a lot had one of the tricycles. The item it got replaced with was the toy RC car, which is a clear indication of a NPC item*.

Alchemist
#9 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 1:25 AM
Yes. For example, there's a chicken NPC, and every chicken will use a copy of that same NPC. It's like if you download a table and put 59 of them on a lot. You only have the one table in your downloads folder, no matter how often you use it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 1:39 AM

The pig has one, the cow has one and so on. So five pigs will be 1 NPC.

You also know about Sun&moon animals I take it? Those are not NPC's.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 10:03 AM
Sun and Moon's animals don't move, however. That's not important to a lot of people, but bugs me. XD

Technically the tricycles etc. could be added to Vicky, but I am not sure how to do it.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Yes. For example, there's a chicken NPC, and every chicken will use a copy of that same NPC. It's like if you download a table and put 59 of them on a lot. You only have the one table in your downloads folder, no matter how often you use it.

@omglo
Hm, then it are not that many NPC's. The coubt of different animals is not that many. Maybe I can keep them without Vicky afterall.

@Joandsarah77
And yes, I know about the animals of S&M. I use those too 😅 But I already have Beck's animals in game and I cannot delete those anymore.

@Charity
Indeed they don't move, but Beck's dheep walk backwards. That sometimes bother me even more. But back in the day it was better than nothing.

Mad Poster
#13 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 11:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The pig has one, the cow has one and so on. So five pigs will be 1 NPC.

You also know about Sun&moon animals I take it? Those are not NPC's.

That is what I thought, thanks, Jo.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 11:29 AM
Indeed they don't move, but Beck's dheep walk backwards. That sometimes bother me even more. But back in the day it was better than nothing.

LOL, I haven't used the sheep. That's funny.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 12:54 PM
For me, is rather the lot of extra stuff you need to use Sun and Moon's animals, I don't see me using a lot of other things from there (although I do have the trees and the herbs and probably more plants)
so I don't want to download those things.
Theorist
#16 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 1:43 PM
Are these NPCs still not safe to delete despite the newfound discoveries on game corruption (April Black)? Also, couldn't the NPCs be "cleaned" before removing the package altogether (for example, using the Deleted 2 method)?
Mad Poster
#17 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 1:51 PM
For me, is rather the lot of extra stuff you need to use Sun and Moon's animals, I don't see me using a lot of other things from there (although I do have the trees and the herbs and probably more plants)
so I don't want to download those things.

Yeah, I often wish that they would make an alternate stand alone version of some things.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 10:37 PM
Couldn't someone just reverse the mesh of the backwards walking sheep so it walks forwards? XD

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Couldn't someone just reverse the mesh of the backwards walking sheep so it walks forwards? XD

For me it was the ugly npc standing in the middle of the pig/s that got me, could never slaughter one for food after that. Oh and the chicks could combust. Good times playing with those sets lol.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#20 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 11:26 PM
I assume one can delete the animals, just not the NPC's that come with them.

Now that I have built a hood or two and actually looked into SimPE a lot more often than usual:

What if you just stick the NPC's in the hood's character folder? And then remove the hood and place it somewhere else if you want to play a hood without them?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Mar 2024 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Are these NPCs still not safe to delete despite the newfound discoveries on game corruption (April Black)? Also, couldn't the NPCs be "cleaned" before removing the package altogether (for example, using the Deleted 2 method)?

Deleting an NPC is like deleting a sim, right?
So I would consider it not being safe.

Mad Poster
#22 Old 21st Mar 2024 at 10:40 AM
What if you just stick the NPC's in the hood's character folder? And then remove the hood and place it somewhere else if you want to play a hood without them?

What do you mean 'remove the hood and place it somewhere else'?
Mad Poster
#23 Old 21st Mar 2024 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
What do you mean 'remove the hood and place it somewhere else'?

Remove it from the neighborhood folders and put it back when you want to play it - although that may be overdoing it too.

You can probably add the NPC;s to the character files and just never put them in the downloads folder too - but the animals still go into the downloads. You will have to remove them from the downloads as well if you want to play another hood without them - and put them back when you want to play the hood with the animals in.

It sounds like a lot of work, to be honest. But I think it may work
Mad Poster
#24 Old 21st Mar 2024 at 1:36 PM
That's why I have different sets of CC for different games.

That's also what Vicky is trying to help with. If your NPCs are tied to her then there's only one file that you can't delete.
Theorist
#25 Old 21st Mar 2024 at 7:03 PM
Deleting an NPC is like deleting a sim, right?
So I would consider it not being safe.
Deleting Sims (for example, using the Family bin delete button, or by selling the grave) has been proven safe:
https://youtu.be/2cB67DGDXFQ
Page 1 of 2