Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gwrych Medieval Great Hall (2 VERSIONS)

by StephSim Posted 15th Jun 2010 at 12:53 AM - Updated 17th Oct 2010 at 2:21 AM by StephSim : Post Uploading Minor Edits

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 3:32 AM
Running out of adjectives to describe your work! It's amazing! Thanks!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 5:07 AM
So detailed! Awesome work!
:D

Remember, being paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you.
Wiki Wizard
#4 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 10:25 AM
Holy moly, another incredible lot, you just astound me with your talent, and you use CC so effectively!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Scholar
#5 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 1:13 PM
great lot! thanks a lot for all your hard work!

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 3:33 PM Last edited by StephSim : 16th Jun 2010 at 3:25 PM.
Thanks for the compliments everyone!

EDIT

I've updated the thread. There is now a community version of the Gwrych Great Hall and a residential version as well! Enjoy the downloads.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Field Researcher
#7 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 12:12 AM
Hi Steph! I'm just loving everything you've made so far I'm so excited - I'm getting a new notebook at the end of the month and I plan to set up my actual medieval hood. Everything I've been doing so far has been the 'tester' hood, but your creations now allow me to get a true hood started without waiting any longer. I can't wait to get your lots in there and move some Sims into them! It seems like now is the best time to play a medieval hood with so many wonderful contributions to the theme by the community. It's nearly a proper expansion with all the custom content available. Thanks so much for your efforts - they will be played and enjoyed xoxoxo

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 5:08 PM
sunni
You are most welcomed. I can relate to the idea of actually pulling the medieval theme together in totality and actually being able to play with the fruit of one's labour. I also thank you for your additions (especially the Base Game NPCs).

Are you making any more of those BTW? I think you did the bulk of the Total NPCs by completing Base Game NPCs as many of the NPCs are redundant. Or am I oversimplifying it? I know you made an instructions guide and provided templates, but my passion is in lot building and some texturing. Everything else frustrates me.

Today I'm taking a small break reassociating myself with building lots in Base Game only. It's sort of like living in a fully loaded mansion for a year and then returning to a necessities only 1 bedroom mobile home. Such a transformation can be depressing or an inspiration. I'm hoping for the latter.

Thanks again!
~*~Stephanie~*~

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 1:57 AM
oh goodness steph you are killing me....
i am missing 5 of the exp/stuff packs listed in the required section (university, glamour, family fun, teen style, m&g, holiday) and i downloaded it anyway :P
wait i cant count im missing SIX. well. it won't kill my game, will it?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 3:09 AM Last edited by StephSim : 24th Jun 2010 at 12:40 AM.
Geez nilll -

With the next Gwrych set I'm preparing to upload there will be 6 or 7 lots that use minimal EPs/No CC (as well as the regular EP and CC loaded lots)...but the minimal EPs/No CC lots will be UNI - NL and OFB for the commercials and UNI & NL with BV or UNI with AL for the residentials. UNI includes medieval objects (especially doors and windows) that I must have on the lots where I don't use CC. NL includes the community stove and restaurant podium I need for restaurants in hotels.

That's always been my beef with creating "medieval" lots is that you really can't enjoy them in medieval style without using CC and several of the EPS and STUFF packages. But, I shall build a few Gwrych Moderne lots for those who can't download the regular set.

I honestly can't tell you what it will do. I usually don't advise loading them...but I know that some people have had success in doing so for one reason or another. Typically, Stuff Pack things simply disappear or are replaced. As for University... it has the Medieval doors and windows and I did use them in this lot, so I'm not sure it will work at all. Sorry. I can't help you with this at all. If you are going to do this, I'd say back up your Sims 2 folder first.

Take care.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 6:06 PM
thanks for the quick feedback!!!
i think i will try installing the lots (dd i mention i got the jousting field too???) maybe because im crazy.
I'll tell you if it does anything to my game... i have downloaded lots (from Tarox's site) that have said "university required" and i am succesfully and very happily using them in my game. I have done that with custom content as well. so i hope it works ^^

As for the minimal stuff-pack lots, i would suggest (highly) that you at least use some cc in the lots, such as the Athylena stuff and stuff from parsimonious or Tarox. I know none of those require anything but the basegame! just a suggestion though

anyway your lots are beautiful and i am very inspired by your gorgeous Gwyrch kingdon-- i myself adore playing the medieval theme! thanks again!
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 6:14 PM
well it didnt work... the simscleanpack installer wouldnt let me. bummer.
now, however, i am going to stalk these pictures and meticulously recreate this great hall in my game *evil laughter*
if that's ok with you, of course, steph (ill never upload it as "my own" i promise)!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 12:31 AM Last edited by StephSim : 22nd Jul 2016 at 4:50 PM. Reason: OCD Grammar Correction
My medieval custom Content List is long and while some of the objects are base game only, others are not for sure. It gets to be a bit of a hassle trying to keep up with which things are, so using all EPs and Stuff Packs for the medieval project is a great help in that department as it gives me the freedom to include any object I desire. In all honesty I think if you had University and Mansions and Gardens (which works more like an EP than a Stuff Pack)...then it might have worked. One never knows!

About including CC in the Gwrych minimum EP lots. The point of creating those lots are for downloaders who don't want massive amounts of CC or who don't mind the necessary EPs. It's a special (really separate) set of Gwrych-like lots. Also these lots take longer to create because of all the Any Game Starter hopping around and the extra attention to detail needed to make it look good enough for me to upload. By not using CC, it will make uploading a lot easier. For the regular Gwrych (WITH CC and ALL EPS/STUFF PACKS), the creation time is a little less for me...but the UPLOADING takes a lot longer mainly because of Custom Content. So...I won't be including CC in that small special collection I will upload next.

As for using the images to recreate the lot, I don't mind at all. I would suggest downloading the objects from the main Gwrych thread with the 45 lots. There are 4 Gwrych User Objects zips on the main (first) post.

I'll leave you to your adventures! Take care.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 6:08 AM
thank you very much steph! You have been extremely helpful
And I understand your reasons for no CC lots too, very considerate of us poor simmers with missing ep and sps! I'll check out the objects downloads. toodles!