New default CAS faces - complete set
Faces created entirely by me are #5, #6, #7, #11, #13, #18, #19, #21, and #24. Face #13 is elven and #19 is evil-looking to make interesting new townies.
You can select only the male, female, or unisex child faces to install, depending on which you prefer, but I would recommend installing all archetypes of the same number instead of just picking and choosing so they will look similar.
I hope you enjoy these new faces. If you create and upload any new sims that use one of my unaltered archetypes, please give me credit, but if you alter the facial features, no credit is necessary.
Thanks to AllenABQ, Motoki, and astraldata for providing a simple way to replace the CAS faces.
All files should be extracted to My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Downloads If you are using AllenABQ's replacements or any other default face versions, they must be deleted before installing these. If you would only like to use some of my faces, simply extract those files into your Downloads folder, making sure there are no other face files in there. You do not need a complete set of faces in the downloads folder to make it work. To make sure the thumbnails match the new faces, delete My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Thumbnails\CASThumbnails.package
While all new townies and NPCs should have the new faces, you should probably replace the first set of townies and NPCs created in a new neighborhood (DON'T replace university sims). To do this, use the 'deleteallcharacters' cheat right after creating a brand new neighborhood. Then, create and move in your first family. You can then use 'boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true' and shift-click the mailbox. All you have to do is select 'FORCE create all NPCs', let that finish, then 'FORCE create all townies'. You can also do this to add a new set of three of each NPC and 30 new townies in existing neighborhoods, if you like.
Other Replacement Faces
Motoki's replace default faces tutorial
AllenABQ's face collection
terrakosmos's face collection
Doc Doofus's face collection
TreyNutz's Simposieum face replacements
astraldata's female and child face replacements for the second face
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Too much information to load! Please check each package file individually inside the Downloads tab!
Size: 4.43 MB · Downloads: 7,480 · 14th Mar 2006
|4.43 MB||7,480||14th Mar 2006|
Size: 4.45 MB · Downloads: 8,105 · 14th Mar 2006
|4.45 MB||8,105||14th Mar 2006|
Size: 2.77 MB · Downloads: 7,051 · 14th Mar 2006
|2.77 MB||7,051||14th Mar 2006|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.