Cracker Barrel Chess
Uploaded 13th Jan 2008 at 1:08 PM · Updated 8th May 2009 at 2:27 PM by Echo
This ole'fashioned cracker barrel has been carefully worked over with saw, chisel, and a touch of sandpaper, out in the shed so as to allow folks knees to slide under without gettin' whacked...ow! All the crackers has been et, and ain't included.
Note: Originally intended as a game of checkers, I was unable to get an answer as to whether chess pieces could be remeshed and spawned by the game as part of a checkers game, so chess it is! If someday I find it can be done as intended, I will do 'er.
Small edit, 01/20/08..removed the accidental doubled mesh from the package and re-adjusted the game board top to its original thickness so the pieces would be taken out and put back in a more natural looking motion (thanks to rebecah for pointing those out to me!)
This item can be found in game in the catalog under the recreation items, just like the regular chess board is.
Custom Content by Me:
- Good ole' fashioned Chess on a good ole'fashioned cracker barrel.
The very pleasant to look at little green feed sack seen in the background was created by Berg as part of the beautiful Farmer's Barn Store set, which can be found here http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=229187
Big thanks to rebecah for trying to figure out a way to get checker pieces to work, and for pointing out my doubled up mesh..oops! Thanks rebecah!
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: A good old friendly game of chess, perched on a quaint old cracker barrel.
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 42.4 KB · Downloads: 10,690 · 21st Jan 2008
|42.4 KB||10,690||21st Jan 2008|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.