Sim 70's Animated Lava Lamp
Uploaded 11th Jul 2010 at 11:09 AM · Updated 11th Jul 2010 at 5:05 AM by Astaroth600 : Fixed issues upon a moderator's request.
This upload was meant to be a remake of one of my previous uploads, The Novelty Lamp Collection which was made in my really early days as a modder, and also an experiment. I wanted to try and create a liquid-like animated mesh using animated textures and alpha maps. It was tedious and painstaking work but the results sure were fruitful.
This, what I'm assuming, is the first time MTS2 has had a fully 3D lava lamp object uploaded, and it feels great to do so!
This Sims2 Lava lamp object has a total of 15 options for lava colours and 20 options for base colours. That's a grand total of 300 possible combos! Guaranteed to fit almost any room or style.
I've also included a few unique base recolours for added fun.
Here is a shot of the lamp in action.
As said, the lamp contains the following 15 recolours for lava
and the following 20 recolours for the base.
I would like to thank JWoods for his great tutorial on cell animation.
For individual subsets: -Base: 288
-Glass and lava: 1548
Total Count: 1836
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||Animated Lava lamp object - A600.package (inside Astaroth600 - Sim 70s Animated Lava Lamps.zip)|
|Title||Sim70's Brand Lava Lamp|
|Description||What do you get from a superheated lightbulb, a glob of coloured wax, some dyed water and a glass bottle? A retro lax lamp guaranteed to last for hours on end. Buy this new old relic for your sims today!|
Astaroth600 - Sim 70s Animated Lava Lamps.zip
Size: 1.70 MB · Downloads: 20,154 · 11th Jul 2010
|1.70 MB||20,154||11th Jul 2010|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.