Castaway/Shipwrecked Set Part 2 - PETS patch compatible!
Updated: 25th Oct 2011 at 11:27 AM - adding links
Castaway Part 2
Part 1 found here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=457515
See part 3 here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/458325
This 7 piece set is part 2 of my Castaway/Shipwrecked series. Included in this set are the following items:
Hopscotch in the sand
Bamboo and banana leaf toilet
Bamboo and leather toilet
Plain box toilet
Rock waterfall shower (my favorite!)
See all the pictures at the bottom of the post and be sure to check out part 1!
A little more description:
1. The hopscotch in the sand is a favorite of mine. It is recolorable so you can adjust it for your sand color.
2. The bamboo toilets are hard to get a good picture of because of their shape. I imagined that she just sort of threw them together out of whatever sticks and leaves she could find, then plopped down on a old box and filled the hole with dirt. They are not recolorable. I tried. Hard. But unless I used an overlay, everything NOT transparent was invisible. SO I was torn between 2000 polygons to make a non-transparent item and recolorable OR a low-poly non-recolorable item. I went with that. Bladder: 10
3. My personal favorite is the waterfall shower. A little "Nile river" terrain paint and it's good to go. One channel recolorable. Use any rock/stone texture and it looks great.(This was as good as I could map those rock curves but as can be seen in the pics below, I think it tiles quite nicely thanks to UV mapper). Hygiene: 9
4. Designed to look like a pool of water in a rock depression, the rock mirror reflects if anything is overhead. Sadly, I haven't been able to get my Sim to lean in far enough to reflect him/her :-( I still think it looks better for this scenario than a real mirror.) Fun: 3 + Charisma
5. Crate dresser is a simple pile of clothes on top of a crate complete with Simlish writing. She/he just sort of pulls the whole thing forward like a drawer. Clothes stay on top all the time. Environment: 3
Cost is 5 Simoleons each piece. I think a castaway Sim wouldn't really have much money...
Where are they?
Everything is found in their respective places (sinks, etc) but to keep everything organized and together, everything is also listed under miscellaneous decor as well. That way, when you're building your island, it's all right there together.
Will they work for your setup?
I am pretty sure that everything is base game compatible with the exception of the hopscotch which I believe is a generations item. If you don't have that simply unzip everything, drag it to your mods folder and then delete the hopscotch piece. No problem!
I have tested it until I am ready to throw my computer out the window and I can't see anything but as always, let me know!
What can you do with it?
Feel free to recolor it, retexture it, or anything you like. Just please credit me for the mesh.
Milkshape 3D 1.8.5
and UV Mapper
Simlish font (If used in this creation) by inkandchaos http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=355657
Sandwriting turorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC13I91213M
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||Castaway Dresser_lhawk07.package (inside Castaway Shipwrecked Set_part 2.rar)|
|Filename||Castaway Hopscotch in the sand_lhawk07.package (inside Castaway Shipwrecked Set_part 2.rar)|
|Filename||Castaway Mirror_lhawk07.package (inside Castaway Shipwrecked Set_part 2.rar)|
|Filename||Castaway Shower_lhawk07.package (inside Castaway Shipwrecked Set_part 2.rar)|
|Filename||Castaway toilet_box only version_lhawk07.package (inside Castaway Shipwrecked Set_part 2.rar)|
|Filename||Castaway Toilet_lether version_lhawk07.package (inside Castaway Shipwrecked Set_part 2.rar)|
|Filename||Castaway Toilet_lhawk07.package (inside Castaway Shipwrecked Set_part 2.rar)|
Castaway Shipwrecked Set_part 2.rar
Size: 1.32 MB · Downloads: 20,403 · 24th Oct 2011
|1.32 MB||20,403||24th Oct 2011|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: